Author Topic: hello hello  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Marcus AureliusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marcus Aurelius has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
hello hello
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:58:28 AM »
Just signed up and signed in and wanted to introduce myself. The first person to call me Marcus Aurelius was my friend's dad when I was about 7. I had no idea who that was at the time, but as my given name is Mark I went with it. Now I know that he was the Roman emperor who has the unpleasant distinction of having shirked the custom of "adopting" an able leader to succeed him and instead left the empire to his biological son.

Marcus Aurelius was also the name of my first ever Ultima character. My old roommate had played for years and after months of telling me how cool it was, I finally bit. Having never played an mmo (I had only played console games up until that point), I was terrible. I died to a mongbat before I realized that you had to arm weapons. A friend was over and laughed at me for about an hour, so I deleted the character in frustration and started my first tamer (for me, being able to have a pet dragon was actually the main selling point of ultima). I've never been great at the game, but I love it. Eight years later, and it's the only game that I make time for.

I played great lakes for five years, and then made the move to atlantic. I'm slowly trying to gear up and train characters on all of the shards, so I can participate in events. Unfortunately, time is fleeting. My deco addiction and love of rewards from a stingy loot generator take up most of my game time. In truth, some days it seems like such a grind that I lose the feeling of enjoyment altogether. So I've come here to learn about scripting; to put the less-than-enjoyable parts of the game on auto-pilot. And I'm not going to lie, I have never had a good idoc experience, and look forward to that. Hopefully I can learn and maybe even contribute to the community, one day. Thank you all so much for sharing your information and hard work!

Mark

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: hello hello
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »
I still have nightmare memories of that sound the great hart makes when it was mauling me when I first started out.  lol

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 05:42:04 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 03:52:07 AM »
Welcome. IT could have been worse. My first death came from a bloody chicken.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »
welcome welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: