Author Topic: Dark Guardians not dropping 'of doom' items anymore?!  (Read 2965 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Dark Guardians not dropping 'of doom' items anymore?!
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:59:16 AM »
Been in here over an hour at 2300+ luck.  Not a single drop...should have at least 10-15 by now.

Anyone confirm that these are 1) still dropping and 2) still dropping off dark guardians?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Guardians not dropping 'of doom' items anymore?!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 07:44:28 AM »
AS 21h30 last night, my drop stop last night so 3 other guild mate.   

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 05:24:59 PM »
All Doom drops have stopped. It's a bug and Kyronix said they were looking into it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 08:49:49 PM »
I blame Kim K. and her ass breaking the interwebz!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
Atlantic? If so I bet the two server down periods today had something to do with it.

People are stockpiling the rewards, named items always sell well if they become unavailable again. Or, at least that was the case with older items... I'm not sure what impact having most shards dead will have on them now. I see prices of 333k to 500k per artie so they must be pegging the value of the turn-in items at 18-25 million. The boots are kinda cool. http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-87-TC
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:17:54 PM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »
If only can be be smart enough I could be richer. 
Doom item sell for 200k on PAC right now.   I run out of room in my house, so I had to turn then in to store them.    Except for the Boots and small maybe the ring. can be cool.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:45 PM »
It seems that a lot of items from past turn-in events can no longer be had, they became rares, thanks to the hoarding of sell-for-cash sites. Example: Chest of Heirlooms. It could be turned in 10 at a time for tokuno treasures. If you unlocked it however it could no longer be turned in and it makes a great storage container. I think if you vendor one it will be gone within minutes too thanks to those websites that monitor vendor contents.

It doesn't matter which server you vendor it on either, it will end up transferred, eventually.

I doubt any item from this doom set of turn-ins will become as valuable, but who knows. One drop off the lich in Ilsh is called a death vortex and even though it's still dropping its rare enough that it's on these sellers lists of items to look out for and so it sells for 50m+. In general if it sells for under 1m it's a common item, no matter where it comes from. The reason is that 1m is the value of a check and it's not worth holding onto an item worth less than that or you have 1 item space taken by something worth less than a check.

Anyway, the arties seem to be dropping again.

Tags: