Author Topic: The END of EUO.  (Read 32133 times)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The END of EUO.
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2010, 04:56:32 AM »
Cheffe Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 18:20

Yeah, we know. There are no variables. This is useless. Can't you just continue using the old EUO1.5 and come back later when OpenEUO is finished? I don't really feel like giving any newbie support at this point.

Cheffe..posted at Wed Oct 13, 2010 21:11    
I understand your worries.

What should I do then? I don't have the means to continue this at the rate I've been going. If I just stop everything two years will be lost. I'm not sure I can live with that and not feel deep resentment towards this whole project that I've supported for ten years.

We all have high stakes here.

Cheffe Posted at: Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 23:32

I have made up my mind. You value stability, I value progress. I have heard your opinion and understand your concerns. I am not willing to sacrifice two years of my work so you can have a good life. At this point it's either going to be me or you.

Keep in mind what it's all about: You don't want to be inconvenienced for a few weeks. If you think you should quit UO because of that then maybe you should.

Wow, this man is seriously in need of some meds! I dont recall anybody asking him to start a "2 year project" on a game that has prolly lost 1000+ subscribers in that time.  

SOMEBODY SEND HIM AN EMMY FOR HIS DRAMA QUEEN PERFORMANCE!!!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:08:12 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2010, 05:03:22 AM »
I like his post on the 10th? telling a guy to keep using EUO 1.5

From 10 October 2010
Quote from: Cheffe
Yeah, we know. There are no variables. This is useless. Can't you just continue using the old EUO1.5 and come back later when OpenEUO is finished? I don't really feel like giving any newbie support at this point.

The response from the OP
ok Wink ... Can you give me a timeline to OpenEuo stable release???

From 10 October 2010
Quote from: Cheffe
Another month or two likely. You're welcome to give it a try then. Right now it's just not ready for wide-scale adoption.

So 4 days ago it's "not ready for wide-scale adoption" and today it's mandated.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:07:03 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2010, 05:06:54 AM »
I like his post on the 10th? telling a guy to keep using EUO 1.5

Oh Yeah...lemme fix that in my post.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2010, 06:20:42 AM »
Owner of EasyUO project decided to stop supporting EasyUO and force switch to OpenEUO so its no longer possible to get data from vendoros until scripts that was scanning luna vendors will be rewritten for the new OpenEUO.

Search sites are all down. Must really suck for them.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline dennislcf

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dennislcf has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2010, 07:50:33 AM »
i support Cheffe coz we just an end user likes when u learned how to use windows xp, then microsoft tell u they going to stop support/update on windows xp and release windows 7.

u cant complain why they waste ur times to learn windows xp. only 2 choices in this situation, 1 is dont use thier system anymore. 2 is starting to learn windows 7.

for me, i have starting to learn openeuo. i spent almost 2 hrs to finish my first script.....its totally different program language....it made me die already....but i know this is only way what i can do.

if you all going to learn it out, this script should be a first one that u need to own it.
item & monster id type tool, enjoy all  :)
Code: [Select]
UO.TargCurs = true
wait(100)
while (UO.TargCurs == true) do
wait(50)
end
local iteminfo = UO.LTargetID
for i = 0,UO.ScanItems(true)-1 do
    local id,type,kind,contid,x,y,z,stack,rep,col = UO.GetItem(i)
    local name,info = UO.Property(id)   
    if id == iteminfo then
       print("Item ID: " .. id,"Item type: " .. type,"Item color: " .. col)
       print("Item Name: " .. name,"Item Properties: " ..info)
    end
end

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »
I really liked Cheffe's comparison with Win2000. I'd respond to you, and him with this:

Did Microsoft have a FULLY FUNCTIONAL replacement in place before shutting down support for Win 2000? They actually had more then one available.

Microsoft has also said they would no longer support WinXP only to go back on that because the customers are very happy with XP and have no desire to be forced into something else.

Lastly in the shooting down of your thoughts.... Win 2000 and WinXP STILL FREAKING WORK DON'T THEY? Even if not supported, and no longer updated, they still function as working OS correct?

Please don't compare what Cheffe is doing to how Microsoft operates.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »
Lastly in the shooting down of your thoughts.... Win 2000 and WinXP STILL FREAKING WORK DON'T THEY? Even if not supported, and no longer updated, they still function as working OS correct?

My old win2k machine last i looked was still pulling down patches...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
So here you go...

finditem POF C_ , #backpackID
msg #findID #findType #findCol $

Simple enough, right? Find Gold in your backpack and message back it's ID, Type and Color.

Here's your wonderful OEUO replacement for those two lines.

local ignorelist = {}
findtype = function(typ, source)
  ncnt = UO.ScanItems(true)
  for nindex = 0,(ncnt-1) do
    local nid,ntype,nkind,ncontid,nx,ny,nz,nstack,nrep,ncol = UO.GetItem(nindex)
    if ntype == typ and ignorelist[nid] == nil then
      if source == nil or ( source ~= nil and source == ncontid ) then
        return {nid,ntype,nkind,ncontid,nx,ny,nz,nstack,nrep,ncol}
      end
    end
  end
  return nil
end

local gold = findtype(3821,UO.BackpackID)
if gold ~= nil then
  UO.Msg(gold[1]..' '..gold[2]..' '..gold[10]..'\013\010')
end

Make you feel like it's an improvement doesn't it? Like you just want to jump on board with both feet?

How about another example of OEUO's awesomeness?

finditem %monsters G_1
event macro 27

Find a monster from the variable %monsters that is on the ground within 1 space and attack it.

Here's the replacement in OEUO:

local ignorelist = {}
local monstertypes = {}
monstertypes[211] = true  -- black bear
monstertypes[212] = true  -- grizzly bear

findground = function(types, distance)
  ncnt = UO.ScanItems(true)
  for nindex = 0,(ncnt-1) do
    local nid,ntype,nkind,ncontid,nx,ny,nz,nstack,nrep,ncol = UO.GetItem(nindex)
    local dist1 = math.abs(nx - UO.CharPosX)
    local dist2 = math.abs(ny - UO.CharPosY)
    if dist1 <= distance and dist2 <= distance then
      if types[ntype] == true and ignorelist[nid] == nil and ncontid == 0 then
        return {nid,ntype,nkind,ncontid,nx,ny,nz,nstack,nrep,ncol}
      end
    end
  end
  return nil
end

local monster = findground(monstertypes, 1)
if monster ~= nil then
  UO.LTargetID = monster[1]
  UO.LTargetKind = 1
  UO.Macro(27,0)
end

That's 26 lines of code to do what EUO does with 2. That's 795 Chars (with spaces) to do what 36 Chars (with spaces) can do in EUO.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2010, 09:02:53 AM »
Not having a full operating program to replace one that is, really screws with the player such as myself that wants to contribute but is unable to because I was just starting to get the swing of scripting and now its completely changed.  There are a lot of players out there like me, that have not gotten the swing of writing scripts themselves, but go out of their way to help give feedback on scripts in the making.
    I mean if you started to build yourself a new house, and laid the foundation.  Would you go a sell the house your living in at the moment.  I would guess no, because you and your family would find themselves out in the cold.  Basically he's gone and sold our house and now we are all out in the cold until the new one is finish.  Which I guess is ok for me being Canadian and all I like the Cold  :P

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2010, 09:09:21 AM »
Not having a full operating program to replace one that is, really screws with the player such as myself that wants to contribute but is unable to because I was just starting to get the swing of scripting and now its completely changed.  There are a lot of players out there like me, that have not gotten the swing of writing scripts themselves, but go out of their way to help give feedback on scripts in the making.
    I mean if you started to build yourself a new house, and laid the foundation.  Would you go a sell the house your living in at the moment.  I would guess no, because you and your family would find themselves out in the cold.  Basically he's gone and sold our house and now we are all out in the cold until the new one is finish.  Which I guess is ok for me being Canadian and all I like the Cold  :P

Well I got dibs on the room with a roof on it !!

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2010, 09:11:41 AM »
There are a lot of players out there like me, that have not gotten the swing of writing scripts themselves, but go out of their way to help give feedback on scripts in the making.
    I mean if you started to build yourself a new house, and laid the foundation.  Would you go a sell the house your living in at the moment.  I would guess no, because you and your family would find themselves out in the cold.  Basically he's gone and sold our house and now we are all out in the cold until the new one is finish.

And I wish this new house wasn't like building with legos. Lua is driving me up the wall!!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2010, 09:22:46 AM »
Cheffe Posted at: Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 23:32

I have made up my mind. You value stability, I value progress. I have heard your opinion and understand your concerns. I am not willing to sacrifice two years of my work so you can have a good life. At this point it's either going to be me or you.

Keep in mind what it's all about: You don't want to be inconvenienced for a few weeks. If you think you should quit UO because of that then maybe you should.

I didnt realize...if you go back to the thread right after Cheffe made his major breakthrough and decided to take his ball and go home like any whiney baby...he did what any whiney baby would do...he locked the thread ROFLMAO!!!!!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Well last night, I read through UOMachine source code and am thinking about working with Xenoglyph towards a working Java-based (meaning you can program in Eclipse) object-oriented replacement for EUO. I am going to start another thread to show some of my initial ideas.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2010, 09:50:45 AM »
I always find criticism easier to take with my fingers in my ears, my eyes closed, while singing...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2010, 10:52:10 AM »
Here's the thread I started about my possible future project: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6291.0

I'd like to see people's input/ideas and see if we could get a team working on building up a library that could actually implement client interaction! I am personally a huge fan of object-oriented programming as you'll be able to see from some of the sample code I sketched up off the top of my head. I'd like to hide a lot of repetitive coding within the library itself so that people can program at a "higher level". Being able to say:
Action.Move(Resource.Barbed_Leather,self.backpack,self.bankbox); //Move(Item, From, To)is a hell of a lot easier than:
set %barbed_leather XXX
event macro 8 7
msg $bank$
set %bankbox #contid
finditem %barbed_leather C_ , #backpackID
if (#findcnt > 0) {
for %i 1 #findindex {
exevent drag #findid #findstack
wait 20
exevent dropc %bankbox
wait 20
}
}

To me, it just makes more sense!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:54:03 AM by UOMaddog »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: