Author Topic: My Treasure Hunter (Huntress)  (Read 13419 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
My Treasure Hunter (Huntress)
« on: June 17, 2009, 06:44:10 AM »
+1
An account I took over from a guy years ago had a GM Lockpick on it. A female char. I have three female chars, and all are on this guys account. I think he wanted them because of the armor back then. Females could wear any armor.

Anyways... on to the template

115 Music
115 Provoke
100 Peace
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
106 Magery
84 Med

I use that Brit talisman to take Music and Provo to 120. Full LRC Luck suit. I don't remember why I stopped magery at 106 instead of going to 110...

Strategy:

It's easy to find the map coords now. Stratics has a great map tool that will identify the map number and location. Find yourself a rune library that has each site marked.

Here's my flow for doing L6 maps.

- Recall to the spot
- Step past the spot (east) a couple steps and summon two Earth Elementals, ALL STAY
- Go back and dig up the treasure
- Pre-cast Invisibility, hover target over my stat bar
- When the Ancient Wyrms and Devourer of Souls pop up wimper slightly then target self with invis.
- LISTEN for the reveal sound, wait while the bad guys target the EE's
- Run like a little girl WEST
- Make sure they aren't targetting by casting invis on self
- Pre cast invis - approach and target self. Get all 4 spawns bars up.
- Provo weakest onto strongest, Run away, Come back and do again.
- Lead the Ancient Wryms off, cast invis, circle back to chest
- Use lockpicks on chest, have a macro setup for LastObject/LastTarget, keep going until you succeed
- Step away from the chest and cast Telekensis/Last Target
- Use Miffy's Item Finder on the chest. In the first search area just hit space bar, it'll find everything in the chest
- Keep and EE up next to you at all times
- Step through the items using Miffy's and take what you want
- If something spawns, area peace and put out ev. EV's are better then EE's cause they don't break target on a peace
- Continue till you see that the entire chest is filled with items that Haven noobs wouldn't even touch.
- Remove the chest and move on, laugh a little at people who will wander into those 3 Ancient Wyrms you left out there.

It seems like a lot, but usually takes me about 5 mins per map, depending on the initial spawn. I *should* decode all the maps I have then stone off Cartography, I just donno what I'd put in it's place... hiding maybe. Definitely not fishing.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Treasure Hunter (Huntress)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:53:56 AM »
+1
Nice write up Cerv, thanks! I have about 100 lvl 6 maps and I was wondering if I ever got to em, how I was going to do them.

Since you have ruled out the GREAT art of fishing, that might be a nice temp to stone off carto, and lockpick (or xfer lockpicking to another char) and add Hiding and Stealth...a peacing/proving stealther could be fun to play!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
+1
I do about 75 to 80 lvl 6 maps per hour. I have the rune books with all 200 spots on me, I pop monster Ignore and I am off. I take the arti and gold leave the rest and move on. I have to drop the artis 3x normally so I can keep going. It does help greatly that I can at this point look at the map and tell what number it is without having to look it up on the site. Also before I pop the MI i stack all same maps with each other so that I can just chain the same spots instead of comming back.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 07:02:32 AM »
+1
The only reason it takes me longer is that I'm looting Necro regs for my son's Vamp/Archer. I love the way Miffy's Item Finder orders stuff... but I have to get to the end of the 100 item list, thats where regs are listed.

And of course, since I have to pass up all the other items in the chest... I always want to look at them. I have gotten some decent stuff. Over the weekend I got a good ring...

Ring
Lower Reagent 10%
Enhance Potion 15%
Faster Casting 1
Faster Cast Recovery 3

And like 4% in some resist. That's not a bad little ring there. But if I'm doing the Arty/Gold grab n run, it's probably gonna take 1-2 minutes per chest.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:19:58 AM »
+1
Sweet, a t-hunter thread! Good call Cerv :-P

Tmapping is one of my favorite pasttimes even though the loot tends to be pretty terrible. I sport about 15 playable t-mappers and another half dozen or so in training across various shards. I spent a ton of time on the test server with varying templates and found the provoker to be the easiest by far.

My typical base template is similar:

120 Music
120 Provoke
120 Peace
110 Magery
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography
50 Med

When I do maps I pull everything, and I mean everything from the trunk, I don't care if it's a level 1 or a level 6. I like to play the T-Mapper for what he is, an adventurer hoping to pull that one lucky item out of a mass of long-forgotten loot :) I kill everything that spawns, loot them dry as well, and I cleanup before I leave. Because of this a level 6 can take me up to 20 minutes depending on what spawns and how fast I can evaluate the item under my cursor.

My process is similar to Cerv's:

Arrive at destination and mark a rune (I can't tell you how many times this has come in handy and I don't usually have my own runebooks, too many shards!). Then I find myself a clear running path so that I can take off without worry about getting blocked by some random twig on the ground. I then drop two EV's and dig up the box. Once the spawn pops I hit a single area peace and run off screen up my previously determined path. The EV's then take spawn focus, often getting insta-dispelled, but I'm then free to work my way back in using Peace/Provoke/EV's. Usually the initial portion takes no more than a minute or two.

I used to do the whol Invis thing but when you play in laggier environments this tends to backfire easily. I've just come to rely on the good ol' Killer Bunny routine (run away, run away!) - now if only I could use the Holy Hand Grenade!

On several characters I have done the decrypting of all the maps and stoning off Cart thing, I then put Discord in it's place. Works extremely well, bards are a natural fit for a t-hunter template!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »
+1
I use that Brit talisman to take Music and Provo to 120. Full LRC Luck suit. I don't remember why I stopped magery at 106 instead of going to 110...

I guess because this is all you need to make sure you are not fizzle with 7th SpellCircle of Magery
and you will rarly use an 8th Circle Spell with this Char setup ...  ;)

No to be honest .. will not fizzle a lot with this 106 when you cast the EEs  ?

cu

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:01:35 AM by rana70 »

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
+1
I quit doing maps but my template was a little different.
90 magery (jewery to 110)
90 Tactics (mark of trav to 100)
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
100 Cart
100 Lockpicking
105 Fencing (mark of trav to 115)
40 Med
I would decode it, then recall and summon the 2 earth elementals.  I set shadow strike up then just dig up the chest.  If I took a step or two soon as I shadow striked I wouldn't get revealed most of the time.  I would kill everthing but the AWs.  AWs I had to just lead away.  I had my chest looter auto hide me if a monster spawned. 

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
+1
I used to run a Bard T-hunter until they pumped up the difficult of Ancient Wyrms...
I havn't tested it out yet.. I turned my T-hunter into my Tamer, then a few weeks ago.. I Merged them both.
so I have the following.
120 vet
100 Taming + Jewls to 115
100 Animal Lore + Jewls to 115
100 Med
100 Picking
100 Charto
100 Magery

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »
+1
I totally missed this thread today.  I never really thought about using Miffy's Item Finder in this way.  Good call!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »
+1
My First Script was a T-Chest Filter.
it still works if you know how to install and use Codename Alexandria from the Euo boards.
it would pick, untrap, and use a menu to list each item.  it would auto loot from a use defined list, then it would display each item and properties asking if you wanted to loot it or not. much easier to use Tm's Claw now.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 01:39:29 AM »
+1
You can use the CLAw FULL in "Preview" mode as well.  However, Miffy's has a nice feature to be able to quickly sort through the list, and if there's something you like, you just press a button and it'll automatically drag the item to your pack.  I forget if I also added this mode to the CLAw FULL.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 04:07:55 AM »
+1
Now if only Miffy's had an option for Total resists >=<

:)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 07:42:08 AM »
+1
I was looking into the CLAw last night, and there is one little thing preventing you from using that.  The next release, I'll fix it so you can use it to preview all items just like you do with Miffy's.  Then you can use it instead (plus it'll be faster).
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
+1
that would be nice :)

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 06:48:31 PM »
+1
My template is the classic Bard T-hunter.
Music 105---->120 With gear
Peace 103--->120
Provoke 102->120
Mage 95---->110
Med 100
Cart 100
Picking 100
I've got 5 pts natural left and I don't know what to do with them....might just see if I can find a cheap 115 magery scroll and put them there.

Treasure Maps are the funnest thing I do in game. I actually use my tamer mostly to farm Paragons and get the maps.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: