Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 486270 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »

Is there a work around for this or is everyone just tossing out the fish steaks? Is that the answer to my problems just trash all the fish?

I just toss while training

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
I'm tossing out all fish and that seems to be helping. Now the other issue I'm having is when I kill a Sea Serpent on the East side of the Ship I'm not able to access the the corpse getting the message 'Out of Sight'. The ones that are killed on the west side of the boat I can access and loot no problem.

I might have to toss my fishingpole overboard and head for land.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2010, 11:58:28 AM »
When I get back from Germany, I'll fix a couple of the annoying issues like the recall point of the boat, and the additional fish.  Can't work on it now since I'm pretty busy ATM.  But for the next week, you're kinda on your own...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2010, 01:51:23 PM »
your issue can be fixed easily :)
there are tons of new fish id's

these are the new fish id's add them to the trasferiter gosub around line 1520's

ZYZ_SMZ_RMZ_UYZ_OMZ_NMZ_EQD_GQD_TYZ_DQD_WYZ_FQD

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2010, 03:51:53 PM »
Thanks Captain Khameleon! I'll add those ID's and see if it solves my issues.

What about not being able to access Sea Serpent Corpse on the East Side? Have you had any trouble when looting corpses?  I'm wondering if there is a certain tile on the ship I should be standing on after recalling in.

I thought I remember the script doing a 'One left' when it knew the corpse was out of reach? Am I crazy or have I just been on land too long?

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
well I totally Altered my script to work on the new High Sea's Ships, I dunno about the classic ships, but the new boats can sail right on top of corpses so it doesn't matter what side the corpse is on it will sail piratically on top of the corpse.. as far as unblocking I haven't run into another ship to see if this even works....

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »
To correct for the new recall point on the legacy ships:

At 443, add this sub under the RefreshBoat sub:

Code: [Select]
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_StandCorrectly
  namespace push
  namespace local SC
  finditem ENX G_5
  if #FINDCNT <> 1
  {
    display ok Cannot locate correct tillerman
    stop
  }
  else
  {
    set !tempy #FINDY - 3
    set !tempx #FINDX - 1
    move !tempx !tempy 0 4s
  }
  namespace pop
return

Then at 1280 after "gosub TM_TravelFromObject %travelmethod %boatkey" add "gosub TM_StandCorrectly"

Finally at 2181 after "gosub TM_TravelFromObject %travelmethod %boatkey" add "gosub TM_StandCorrectly"

That should move you to the right position in the middle of the ship each time after you recall back to the boat.

Note!  You may have to add a "wait" as one of the first things in this sub.  If you have unreliable finding of the tillerman, try adding a "wait 40" to this new sub before the FINDITEM.  This will give time for the lag after recall to pass.

I'm in no position to test this since I'm on crappy hotel wireless running from the middle of Swabia.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:07:41 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
Thanks for the headstart tm...
though the Move command is for some reason tripping one of my mouse control commands I switched the Move to finditem.
I also added in a timeout and a loop to ensure the character has correctly made it to the correct location.
Code: [Select]
sub TM_StandCorrectly
  namespace push
  namespace local SC
  Set !Timeout #Scnt + 20
  StandCorrectly:
  if #Scnt > !TimeOut
     Return #False
  finditem ENX G_5
  if #FINDCNT <> 1
  {
    display ok Cannot locate correct tillerman
    stop
  }
  else
  {
    set !tempy #FINDY - 3
    set !tempx #FINDX - 1
    Event Pathfind !tempx !tempy 0
  }
  if #Charposx <> !TempX || #CharposY <> !Tempy
     Goto StandCorrectly
  namespace pop
return
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:12:38 AM by Khameleon »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:02 AM »
Ya, that's the main reason why I hate using the move command; if you have your macros bound in a strange way, then they just don't work well.  But for a quick fix for ultima, it was good enough.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2010, 02:03:19 AM »
agreed... this is one of my most used scripts :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2010, 02:06:22 AM »
agreed... this is one of my most used scripts :)

Ya, same here.  Of all my scripts, this one has more run-time than just about anything else including the HW quester.  I never played that one 24-7 like everyone else.  But this one.......  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:41 AM »
I ran the HW quester a few times, got my share of bows and talismans.. then I was done with it.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
HW Quester is the biggest money making script in the history of UO! That's why it was so hard not to run 24/7. The Treasures of the Oceans couldn't compete with what the Elves offering.

TM I added in the sub and it moves over perfectly behind the mast after recalling in. What I didn't realize until just now was that I was using Version 2.0k. So I downloaded the latest version and added the changes.

I'm still running into the issue of reaching 125 Item count and being unable to fish due to lack of room. If I don't fish up a Sea Serpent before I hit 125 Items I have to unload via an item mover script. Khameleon you never ran into this issue? I can't imagine I'm all alone in this dilemma. I added the ID's but that didn't do the trick. It appears nothing stacks anymore when it comes to fish...it's a real PITA.

TM enjoy Germany and don't think twice about the FaF. I know you want to focus  and spend time on the future which is OEUO. There's plenty of things for me to script and things to keep me busy. I just wanted a change and to check out something different.  

I may end up upgrading 1 account to the High Sea Booster afterall so I can keep up with the Davy Jones's.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:52:12 PM by Ultima »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »
What's filling your pack?  Is it the new fish, footwear, or something else?  Can the new fish be converted to fishsteaks?  If so, then a quick mod of the cutfish sub with the fish types that Kham shared should get the weight/item thing under control
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »
ya.. I don't quiet understand what is filling your bag.. shoes? fish? why are you not hitting an weight Limit? Have you tried to use the Trash Can instead of the serpent corpse.. I think you can choose both..

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing