Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 487086 times)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #405 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
I deleted my save file for FAF and then went through the guided setup again and it still does not work. If I load the setup at the bank, it equips the bow and then tries to remove it but it cannot and I keep getting the message "you must wait to perform another action" If I delete it and then run guided setup and hit start, it takes me to the boat and fishes until a serpent is pulled up. Once the serpent is pulled up, it unequips the pole and then I keep getting the message "you must wait to perform another action" until I get a window pops up that says Cannot locate your Archery Weapon and then FAF stops. I have to equip the bow myself. I am not sure what is wrong here. It is the only bow I have had this issue with.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #406 on: November 20, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
Did you have a bow that was working?  There are some crossbows that equip to the left hand and others that equip to the right.  Perhaps this might be the issue with this particular bow.  Bows always equipped with one hand (perhaps until this new bow of yours)

If you goto line 650 and modify this line with your bow, then re-do the guided setup:

if #FINDTYPE in PPO_XCP
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 04:22:30 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 20, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »
I greatly appreciate your patience and help on this. Both bows equip in the right hand and are 2 handed weapons. I can use the Runed Driftwood Bow http://www.uoguide.com/Runed_Driftwood_Bow and it works no problem. Its itemtype is WHO and is a standard type bow. The bow that I am having problems with is a Yumi type bow called The Horselord http://www.uoguide.com/The_Horselord. It's itemtype is XCP. The Horselord bow is a reptile/elemental slayer which is why I am trying to use it. I have deleted the save files, deleted the script and redownloaded it, I have done the setup guide numerous times and it just does not like the Horselord bow. :(

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #408 on: November 20, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
Did you try what I suggested?  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #409 on: November 20, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
BTW, you have to modify line 634 as well.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 20, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »
I edited both of those lines but still having the same issue. Once a serpent attacks, he unequips the fishing pole an then I get the message "you must wait to perform another action" in game and repeats until I get a window from the script saying that it cannot find my archery weapon. I then have to manually equip the bow to kill the serpent. This is really weird. I am not very good at scripting but rarely have an issue modifying a script to work with a different type of weapon.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 20, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »
Crisis I am on test center with your template you gave me and attempting to work it with the bow. Here is a crazy stupid idea, find a fletcher guy and have him make you some bows and hopefully you get a sweet reptile slayer bow or why not make one using imbuing.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #412 on: November 20, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
I agree with Rara.  I had a pile of slayer bows for serpents, so it might be necessary for you to acquire one.  I don't have an active OSI account, so if you need the debugging done, you'll have to to perform it.

You may think about putting a delay into the unequip/reequip sections to see if the wait is needed.  It just echoes in my memory that the "you must" wait was manifested with your present problem with left/right equipping. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Larppa

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 06, 2012, 03:50:25 AM »
Hey!

First of all, i wanted to thank you for this awesome script. I'm utilizing it on a AoS era RunUO shard, where i seem to experience some problems with the standing point behind the mast being too far from the edge of the boat, causing distance problems sometimes (tries to move boat closer to the corpse with left/right and fails). Might be because runuo handles corpses differently and bumps the boat while on OSI you can drive over or something.

I tried to look for an answer from the posts but couldnt find any, so i decided to ask if anyone has encountered / solved such problem?

I guess it could be fixed with simply moving the character with #findx #findy 1 to get it closer to edge and after the loot part recalling back to the boat key?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #414 on: December 06, 2012, 06:05:12 AM »
It still works fine on most RunUO shards.  Your shard may have differences that might require you to be only one space away to loot instead of two like most other RunUO shards and OSI.  Are you sure you are using a SMALL boat?  This is an absolute requirement for looting to happen 100%.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Larppa

• Activity:
    0%
  • Larppa has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 06, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Oh yes, im quite sure the boat im using is small boat (http://www.uoguide.com/Small_Ship). I guess it is a matter of the second thing you mentioned, the looting range has been shortened. Do you have any ideas for this? I thought about sneaking the move command in the loop that navigates the boat closer to the serpent, do you have any fool-proof tip for doing this?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
You'll have to play with it.  This script has a function called "TM_StandCorrectly" that moves you to the mast position on OSI.  You could modify this function to move you closer to the edge of the boat.  You'll have to determine if you need to move left or right.  So it's a bit of script modification but it's possible.

I modified that sub to be more generic.  Now you can give it two relative distances to move (relative to your tillerman)

Code: [Select]
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
sub TM_StandCorrectly
  namespace push
  namespace local SC
  finditem ENX G_6
  set !relx %1
  set !rely %2
  if #FINDCNT <> 1
  {
    display ok Cannot locate tillerman
    stop
  }
  if ( ( #FINDX - #charposx ) <> !relx ) || ( ( #FINDY - #charposy ) <> !rely )
  {
    set !tempy #FINDY - !rely
    set !tempx #FINDX - !relx
    click 400 400 mc n
    repeat
       event pathfind !tempx !tempy
       wait 15
    until #charposx = !tempx && #charposy = !tempy
    wait 10
  }
  namespace pop
return

Where the arguments to move you to the mast position will become:

Code: [Select]
gosub StandCorrectly 1 3

That might be enough to get you started.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 09:22:30 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Peppar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Peppar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 28, 2013, 05:56:51 AM »
The script is running great but I do have one problem. When my fishing pole break it wont take a new from the backpack.
Any tips ? Thanks

Playing on Siege OSI.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:28 AM »
That script was written for normal shards.  Shouldn't be too difficult to scan for that pole being broken and grab another.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Peppar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Peppar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 29, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
That script was written for normal shards.  Shouldn't be too difficult to scan for that pole being broken and grab another.

Smart move, I used a day to figure it out. Thanks :)

But now I ran into a new problem. I am looking to add a timer to stop the char. moving after he returns from the bank.
I found the timer but when I add 30s to it the char. will just spam "pathfinding" and not move when the timer runs out.

wait 20 (I put this to 30s)
  gosub TM_StandCorrectly

Any tips ?

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing