Author Topic: Concerning Hammy  (Read 52553 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Concerning Hammy
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
+2
A warning about the next post.

I know many of you come to this site to escape and have fun.  So if you don't want to read about sad things, I recommend you just not read any further.  But since it's my site...

I lost my little friend yesterday, and I find some comfort in others reading about it.  Plus, there's lots of people out there that go through this and there might be something here that might be helpful to others who may have to walk on the path I just got off.

I will update with some pictures in a little bit.

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
021408_13061.jpg
070107_17501.jpg
IMAG0328.jpg
IMAG0474.jpg
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:18:33 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Concerning Hammy
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
+1

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
HammyAndI.jpg
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:54:51 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »
+1

My sincerest condolences about the huge loss of Hammy.
As Cat owner i can feel exactly how you feel.
No matter of humans or Pets, if you lost your soulmate, your friend, your follower, there arent any words wich can be spoken.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:36:57 AM by Crome969 »

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »
+1
This story brings tears to my eyes... The bond between a man and his friend animal is a strange one. Even though we do not speak the same language, we can understand one another by feeling, sensing, the other's state of mind. It is a beautifull thing. It makes me happy to know there are people like you out there caring.

The road you have endured wasn't an easy one. I'm sorry you had to part with a good friend.

Myself i have always been fond of cats. Since i was a kid i had a cat named Whiskey, a brown striped tiger-looking cat. God he was fat! Lol! My lazy little fat bastard which i loved so much. Dominant cat too. Then when i was still quite young the doctor said the cat's body was shutting down and that it would be better to put him down. We buried him in the backyard and the place still remains untouched with flowers planted around it.

Then a year or so later my sister had to give up her cat because she moved house. I'm still very good friends with this cat. My parents still don't grasp the special bond we share. If i call him out in the backyard, he always comes running within seconds. He's completely black with a little white spot in the front center of his neck.

I think that love is the only thing that matters. The rest just distracts us.

Don't believe you were selfish. Just like us, cats want to live as long as possible.
Take care Hamilton :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 03:10:42 PM »
+1
I'm sorry for your loss TM.

Pets can be dearer to us than people, and the way you describe Hammy, I'm sure that's how you felt about him. I've always told my girl that our pets should live forever. They love us unconditionally, as we love them back. For me, it's like a parent/child relationship, only purer.

They are sincere, and will never do anything to harm us.

I'm sorry you had to go through this.

All of us here at scriptuo think very highly of you.

Although no words can really help to ease your loss, know that our hearts are with you in this time of great sadness.
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
+1
So, sorry TM. Not a pet guy myself but I can see the bonds that close friends have with their pets and how they are family members. Thinking of you man.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »
+1
So sorry for your loss.  My girlfriend has over the last two years rescued 6 cats from shelters, four of which we have kept and the other two went to her parents.  It's amazing how different in personality each one is.  Hammy sounds like a pretty amazing cat.  My prayers go out to you!
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »
+1
I am a dog person, currently we have 3 overgrown puppies in our family, but I can sympathize and feel your pain. Pets become part of the family and bring so much joy and happiness to our lives. I am very sorry for your loss and I truly hope this thread brings you some comfort. If you have some pictures, I would love to seem them.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »
+1
o7 Hammy.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 02:57:33 AM »
+1
I always thought I was a dog person.  And then I met my girlfriend who has two cats.  One is a Grey tabby who is just an amazing being.  They have personalities and they are incredibly affectionate if you are their Person.  I have lived with this cat for 4 years and he loves to be held by me in a certain way and only I can hold him like that.  He pokes me on the face in the morning when he wants me to get up and play with him (or feed him) and he stares at you when you ignore him, and then does something evil like knock over a glass of water.  Last year, my girlfriend noticed he was losing weight as well.  I couldn't tell and she felt a bump.  Sure enough, he had cancer.  We had it removed and thankfully he is okay.  My girlfriend is a vet technician, so she has been trained to spot these things.  I can't imagine having to have lost him in this year.  I empathize with you a great deal and hope you find some comfort in the fact that your friend would still be suffuring had you not made the hard decision.  I'll raise one up for your tabby.
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »
+1
I posted a few pictures.  Sorry, a couple are ginormous.  One of my favs is the one where he's curled up in my lap.  That was when I first brought him home on day 1 - still smelly and everything.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Much appreciated.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:59:52 PM »
+1
I like the new avatar, it's a nice memorial!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »
+1
I like the new avatar, it's a nice memorial!

He still makes me smile.  The shaved belly was done back in December, but with all the chemotherapy, there wasn't much hair growing.  Even with all that was going on, he still had his goofball moments.  The avatar is one of them - he's just scooting along the base of the sofa.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »
+1
My gf's two cats do that, where they lie on their side and drag themselves around the couch by clawing the furniture.  Gf gets so mad at them! Ill have to post some pics of the other rescue cat, its a long hair and had knots everywhere so we had him shaved,  we did a lion cut on him, its hilarious! 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 10:29:29 PM »
+1
Sincerely not trying to hijack your thread, and I know it's a year old, and I had no intention of posting anything about this, until I read the pain in your words. I'm hurting right now too so...

I lost my grandma a couple of weeks ago, she was in her 90's and lived a good long life. She put on a clinic on how to finish off your days, never complaining about anything even though she was near blind, 100% deaf in one ear and 80% in the other, unable to walk for the last couple of months etc. The day before she died she did say "why is this taking so long" and that's about as much of a complaint as she'd ever give. On the day she died she had a lot of trouble staying awake and her breathing could best be described as "inconsistent and sputtering" as if she was just too tired to breathe. She opened her eyes at one point and looked me right in the eye and said "I've lived a good life, love each other and treat each other well, I love you" and she fell back to sleep and passed on an hour later.

She had all of her mind and wits intact until the very end and that's more precious than anything.

Warning: even when you know that time is short and it's 100% natural without any pain... it hits you like a Mack truck for days. You are not prepared, no matter how prepared you think you might be. The permanent nature of it grips you hard. There was one of the worst blizzards in my state's history on the day I was born but she drove to the hospital to see me, she counted 18 cars in the ditch along the way and could not see more than 5-10 feet in front of her. I mention that because you only get a very small number of people in your life who would do that out of pure love and losing one hurts, a lot.

Take some time and spend it doing something with loved ones(yeah, cats count) because in the end everything else is trivial and unimportant in comparison.

disclaimer: this was written through blurry eyes, your story with Hammy is touching, we all eventually have to face a situation that is hard that way. Focus on the positive, remember the good, that's what they would want. I'm not even half way to 90 and realize that health comes in a close #2 to spending time with loved ones... take some time off the comp and get some exercise too!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:32:10 PM by Gemviper »

Tags: cancer