Author Topic: Working again  (Read 5855 times)

Offline XclioTopic starter

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Working again
« on: January 06, 2009, 06:36:33 AM »
It is working again as you can tell by me being here however the redirect that you had setup no longer is functioning.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Working again
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
Boing.... boing.... boing....

Code: [Select]
repeat
set %a #random % 11
if %a > 5
  gosub Shut_down_SUO
if %a < 5
  gosub Bring_up_SUO
until #TM fixes it

sub Shut_down_SUO
set #SUO #FALSE
return

sub Bring_up_SUO
set #SUO #TRUE
return
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 10:15:44 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »
I removed the proxy filter that was up on the site.  Something changed with either my ISP or some connection alone the way.  It also seemed to be messing with my Verizon 3G account too.  I'll add back some of the other stuff when I can determine if it was my indirect proxy filter or the couple direct ones I had in place.  All that filter stuff has been up for months so I'm not exactly sure what switch flipped.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:47:24 AM »
Lol @ Cerveza.

I don't think I'm doing much for the problem; my ISP must be doing some hardware upgrades and moving me around.  Just have to wait and see.  Once things get stable again, I'll put the redirection back up, but the mean time just be sure to connect to this forum via www.scriptuo.com/smf instead of directly to www.scriptuo.com.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »
I am getting back on again and the redirect seems to be working properly now....hopefully we are stable again :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »
I've got my doubts that it will be stable at this point.  Their "engineers" said there was nothing wrong, so I just set the redirect back and let them know there are still issues.   

Keep your fingers crossed that the gremlins are gone.  In the mean time I will see about transferring things to the new ISP.

I just found that if I keep "refreshing" the site, it will come back up.  So the underlying problem is waaaay out of my control.  jeez.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:13:05 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 02:01:28 AM »
whoa.. I was almost going through withdrawals

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 02:53:48 AM »
whoa.. I was almost going through withdrawals

Ya me too! No breakthroughs, but every once in a while my ISP decides they just don't know how to host anymore.  It seems to happen 1/2 times a year.  They are totally over-sold and sometimes it shows.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 06:24:52 AM »
Click reply - site works.

Type long reply and click post - site down.

Smash keyboard on table - site still down.

Scream at top of lungs - site still down.

Workers avoid you completely as you fume at your desk - site still down.

Click refresh - site works.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »
If you were using firefox, you should be able to use the BACK arrow to get back to your post. 

Also, I just did a test transfer of the site to the new host and it looks pretty good.  I'll have to choose a time when I can transfer the domain; probably will happen sometime this weekend.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 08:03:46 AM »
One thing that I noticed is if you rely on the redirection to get you to the correct index i.e. www.scriptuo.com/smf, this will sometimes not redirect correctly.  However, if you modify any link you have to www.scriptuo.com/smf/index.php, this seems to work much better.  I still haven't gotten a statement from the ISP yet; they aren't talking at this point...
Come play RIFT with me!

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
Well it seems to be getting more stable for me as the day progresses, which is making me much happier.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
Been down most of the day for me :(
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline redkittie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redkittie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »
This is the first I have been able to get to it since Monday. Glad its back.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 09:46:59 AM »
We'll see.  I'm kinda pissed the the current provider.  They changed how the re-direction seems to function now.  It's funny, at the new provider, everything was nearly automatic.  But it does make a big difference if you can point to the index.php.  Unfortunately the functionality seems to come and go still. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: