Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0  (Read 242170 times)

Offline Cauldron

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Cauldron has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Miner For Dummies 3.0
« Reply #540 on: September 08, 2023, 12:31:10 PM »
Hi,

Don't know if anyone here is doing anything with this script, but it looked like what I was just looking for so I figured I'd give it a try. I play on a freeshard that is pretty much a UO clone except one thing (don't know if it same on OSI, as I haven't played there in many years). So the issue is (I think) that our runebooks looks different in that instead of the "Recall" function being the top most one, we have another called "Replace" then "Recall" is just below it. BTW, I have a copy of the MUL files in the UO directory.

When I load the script I get the setup menu and can set up my secures and runebook, but when it gets time to actually run, it just stands there. I in my novice ways think it is related to the runbook situation above, but I don't know enough to try to modify script itself so I can test if it is true. Can someone help, either directly with the script, or at least point me in the direction of what areas of the code that I'd have to learn to figure it out myself.

Thanks in advance,

<Cauldron>

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
runebook.JPG

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 08, 2023, 04:34:54 PM »
It would most likely be in
Code: [Select]
;TM_TravelFromRunebook and you would probably have to find the location of the recall button and edit this
if !method = RE
      gosub TM_NewCastSpell 31 !rbook -1 10 10 ; recall until successful
though TM wrote and has better knowledge of it. I have never tried altering his travel code.

You will also probably need to change this line with your runebook type
set %RuneBookTypes ZBN I am guessing that it does not recognize the runebook which is why it is not opening it and it is quite likely that if it does, it would click on remove this removing the rune instead of recalling.

You can use this to find the itemtype of your runebook http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=188.0

You can use this to help with the location of the button http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=505.0

EDIT: Don't forget to add the old .mul files http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=14877.0
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:36:53 PM by Crisis »

Offline Cauldron

• Activity:
    0%
  • Cauldron has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2023, 07:44:01 AM »
Thank you. I'll start digging into it and hopefully I can come up with a solution.

<Cauldron>

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 09, 2023, 03:01:18 AM »
There are a lot of things that can change with a free server so it can make things difficult to troubleshoot without actually being on the server.

Does it even open the runebook at all once setup is complete?

The Setup portion will validate that the runebook you selected is the proper #findtype (if #findtype notin %RuneBookTypes) and won't move forward without it being there so that isn't it.

The travel portion of the script relies on setting the default rune page then just casting the proper spell and targeting the runebook so the change to the menu to include a Replace would have nothing to do with it.

If it's the .mul files you will typically recall to a spot and not mine anything at all so if it's not even doing the first recall that's not likely the issue (though you still need to add the .mul files if you haven't).

You can use F7 on the keyboard to pause and step through the script to see what it's doing while it's just sitting there.

What server are you playing on?

Jesus I just realized that was posted two months ago LOL. Hope you got things worked out!

X
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 03:06:28 AM by 12TimesOver »
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline hayhay

• Activity:
    0%
  • hayhay has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 01, 2023, 07:59:39 AM »
Hi, I think ID of Runebooks or characters backpacks has changed yesterdays update.  When I go set up and trying to set my rune book in my backpack  a pop up message said me that " it is not a runebook or the rune book is not in your backpack."

How can i solve this issue ?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 01, 2023, 06:34:19 PM »
Find the ID of the runebooks on your shard and then change them on the script. There are a couple of scripts that help find the ID or you can double click it and then check on the right side of the EUO panel for the id.

Offline Jtunes

• Activity:
    0%
  • Jtunes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 04, 2024, 01:35:19 PM »
Hi, I think ID of Runebooks or characters backpacks has changed yesterdays update.  When I go set up and trying to set my rune book in my backpack  a pop up message said me that " it is not a runebook or the rune book is not in your backpack."

Can anyone help me with the same issue, ID's seem to be the same as whats on the script but still tells me its not a Runebook.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 04, 2024, 03:10:44 PM »

Can anyone help me with the same issue, ID's seem to be the same as whats on the script but still tells me its not a Runebook.

Thanks in advance.

I just tested this on an official shard and it worked fine. If it is a private shard, that is most likely the issue. What shard are you playing?

Offline Jtunes

• Activity:
    0%
  • Jtunes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 04, 2024, 04:10:35 PM »
 I'm playing on Official shards atl, using v 3.2 of the script. v 3.1 worked a couple months back but started giving the Runebook issue today so tried 3.2 and still the same problem.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 04, 2024, 05:20:18 PM »
I am using 3.1 and tried it on Origin a couple of hours ago and it worked just fine with no changes. I downloaded that in 2020. Is your backpack open?

Offline Anvil

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Anvil has no influence.
  • Patience is a virtue.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2024, 10:51:48 AM »
I'm playing on Official shards atl, using v 3.2 of the script. v 3.1 worked a couple months back but started giving the Runebook issue today so tried 3.2 and still the same problem.

Check to see if #LOBJECTID XXXXXXX is working correctly by using a different runebook. 

One specific (older) runebook #LOBJECTID can share the same ID number as the #LTARGETID. Often, this can mess with a routine.
If this is the case, simply move your runes to another book that has a unique #LOBJECTID that differs from the #LTARGETID.

Best way to avoid this, make your own runebooks. New IDs do not have this issue.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 10:56:10 AM by Anvil »

Klingon:
'ach qorDu'wIj vIsaHbe' jIH'e'.

Tags: