Author Topic: Funniest UO stories???  (Read 29823 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Funniest UO stories???
« on: April 04, 2009, 05:31:51 AM »
OK Guys, as a new guy here this might have been posted before...but I gotta know, what do you guys think is some of the funniest things that have ever happened to you in your UO life??

I will start it off....

As I said in my intro, I started playing the came within a week after it came out. I was very obsessive about the game (gee that hasn't changed) and I played every minute I could. I am sure that that I ended up with one of the first GM swords/Tactics dudes on the shard.

Of course not knowing a thing yet (still so much to learn since coming back) My first char was also a messed up kinda guy...who even thought about making a "mule" for crafting and such in those days!! Anyway, he was GM swords/Tactics, and he was my miner, lumberjack, smith, and anything else I needed him for! (Imagin having 4 OPEN char spots!!)

One day he was out doing some lumberjacking and I couldn't stand it anymore..I HAD to PEE!!! I had not seen anybody in hours (nothing unusual there the shards were almost empty) I find a nice quiet spot in the woods, no mob's around and leave the keyboard. Off to the bathroom I go, and on my way back I stop to make more coffee and grab something to eat.

As I near my den I hear to my horror that a PK is beating on my char! I run the last few steps and get to my den just in time to see my guy with about 10HP left...the PK has even less HP then I do! He gets in the last lucky shot and my guy keels over dead.

The PK starts talking to me..NOT SMACK...He says to me "dude, that was the most awesome fight I have ever been in, you rock! That was CRAZY you had my adrenalin pumping GREAT FIGHT DUDE, GREAT FIGHT..let me help you find a healer, and I am not even going to loot you, you dont deserve to lose your stuff after a great fight like that!" and with that he ran off to find a healer, lead me to him, waited for me to rez, and walked me back to my body while he "guarded" me incase a mob showed up and I couldnt defend against it.

Once we got back to my body, and I collected all of my stuff, we talked a few, and he went off in search of somebody else to PK.

I never, ever, had the heart (and never did anytime I ever saw him again) to tell him I was in Auto-Defend mode, and wasn't even at my keyboard through the entire fight!

I have thought about that many times over the years, and it still brings a chuckle.

How about you guys? I am sure there are TONS of things that have happened, we should be able to bring a smile or laugh to each other for awhile talking about this!

Toptwo
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Funniest UO stories???
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »
I worked with this Navy guy in Japan. He was one of the guys who got me playing UO.

I was maintenance, and he was an operator. He told me he wanted to be maintenance but he was *very* color blind. He couldn't identify wires, so no maintenance.

With this knowledge, and access to his house... I got myself a dye tub and began having fun. His clothes were the most gorgeous shades of mauve, chartreuse, lavender, and of course lots of pinks.

The first couple weeks were funny... then it started to become natural to see him riding up wearing a pink sash with a sky blue cloak, accented by a purple hat.

He didn't find out for like 6 months. Somebody at Brit Bank asked him if he was gay IRL, or if he was just RP'n a gay char. Eventually they got around to his attire.

It didn't take him long to figure out who the culprit was.  ;)

He swore he'd get me back... still look over my shoulder from time to time.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »
omg thats a funny story
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
I worked with this Navy guy in Japan. He was one of the guys who got me playing UO.

I was maintenance, and he was an operator. He told me he wanted to be maintenance but he was *very* color blind. He couldn't identify wires, so no maintenance.

With this knowledge, and access to his house... I got myself a dye tub and began having fun. His clothes were the most gorgeous shades of mauve, chartreuse, lavender, and of course lots of pinks.

The first couple weeks were funny... then it started to become natural to see him riding up wearing a pink sash with a sky blue cloak, accented by a purple hat.

He didn't find out for like 6 months. Somebody at Brit Bank asked him if he was gay IRL, or if he was just RP'n a gay char. Eventually they got around to his attire.

It didn't take him long to figure out who the culprit was.  ;)

He swore he'd get me back... still look over my shoulder from time to time.

Being both red/green and yellow/blue colorblind, I think that is extremely cruel.  My dad used to buy me shirts for my birthday, and they were always pink - he thought it was hilarious seeing me wear them for a few weeks before someone would say something to me.  :P

Offline fdisk /

• Activity:
    0%
  • fdisk / is looked down upon.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:12 AM »
Harrower trap in Covetous:

3 tamers doing all the work
5 or 6 mages fielding and summoning
2 necro mages with wither spams on standby
1 dexer with an axe of the heavens and whirlwind selected
Bagballs everywhere

Like 7 people ran in (2 or 3 at a time) and got ganked down in less than 2 seconds. Only half of them came back and killed one of us as we were leaving. Good times.

Screenshot:

Offline Abyss

• May I buy a "2"?
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Abyss has no influence.
  • RAWR!!!
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »
I still remember a time about 3 months after I started playing UO around the time of Renaissance. They guy who got me into UO and I were both around 80 magery on our awesome bard chars(only char I had at the time). Then you could basically do anyting on a provoker with GM music and 80 Provoke so we thought we were big stuff.

We decided it was time for us to venture to Fel and kick some red ass. He and I were both standing at the Minoc gate, it was the less crowded of the top 2 fel gate spots. We weren't quite ready for Buc's Den yet. Anyway, here we sit both with Explosion precast thinking first red we see is dead meat.....After sitting there for about 20 mins with 5 other blues keeping our explosions up ready for battle my friend accidentally(or so he says) clicks me with his explosion and goes grey. Immediately the whole gate turns on him. Spells are going off and he's running like a madman. I'm sitting there thinking OMG I gotta help him, why I'm not sure, but that's what went through my head. As he reached half life from the first explo I heal him not thinking that it would turn me grey. Within seconds after that we are both dead and laughing our asses off.

I asked him wth happened and he told me some story about clicking some rock or something which to this day I believe was total BS. I also remember to this day the feeling of PVP and the adrenaline rush it gives when your fighting another player.

Offline Hackiem

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Hackiem has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 08:08:08 AM »
Funny? Try working with a friend and somebody gets onboard your boat and starts stealing your stuff, your friend says he'll help the thief, so the guy hands it to him while you stand there and he keeps giving it to you. then you sail it away and as he starts to recall you hit both hit him with mana leach spells and kill him. then rob his bones.. He thought he was safe at the docks so he had his best on.
 Had to stay out of Moonglow for almost an hour after that.

Offline HalfMercy

• Activity:
    0%
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »
I played the best thief nobody ever heard of back in 1999. I wasn't interested in committing crazy antics and taking screenies or getting famous. Keeping a low profile made a lot more sense to me and I just really wanted to be the best thief there was. I stealthed into and looted a whole lot of houses - which only years later did I consider the impact of doing that and feel really bad about - and I enjoyed it as an art. Literally 85% of my game time would consist of me stealthing around, checking house signs, taking notes, marking runes, and camping, watching houses for days to learn people's play times and behaviors. No one practiced anything approaching real house security back then either.

But my favorite moment ever was on my thief but didn't have to do with stealing. I was lucky enough to catch an impromptu GM monster bash in Vesper GY. I was carrying around GM Tinker trapped wooden chests, like always, and as I stealthed about through immense chaos and dead bodies I dropped crates onto the corpses of higher-level undead. Now I was just enjoying watching people blow up left and right but when someone said "Did you see that? A GM smited them with one shot!" I busted out laughing and about fell out of my chair irl. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »
My house placement stories still make me chuckle.  Way back in the day on Baja, there was a large tower that had fallen, and there were a couple smaller houses that had been placed so the spot was under contention.  I had stealthed into the area and for a couple hours, I eavesdropped on the conversation between the two individuals that were going back and forth trying to buy one person or the other out so that the spot could be reverted back to a tower spot. 

This was during the time when large plots in Trammel were nearly impossible to find and before the house placement tool.  So I left for town and retrieved a large tower deed and returned to the site to lay in wait. 

Finally, the two people came to an accord and decided it was time to finalize the deal.  So with the deal done, the one guy took his gold (100K I think) and dropped his house.  They were paranoid a bit because they ran around looking for anyone, but didn't even bother to try the tracking skill.  So I just waited.  I had a screen shot of the tower in place before it fell, so I knew exactly where I needed to aim the placement in order to drop on their heads quickly.  The new "owner" dropped his house but was probably gobsmacked when within milliseconds a large tower appeared!  I had it ghosted and waiting to click 'Hell yeh, I want to place!"  I quickly un-hid and walked up onto the porch and hid again. 

They camped MY tower for 2 days after that and deposited released dragons at my doorstep.  They ranted and raved for hours after that.  This was trammel, so there wasn't alot they could do.  I beat their own stupidity over their heads like a rolled up newspaper, so they couldn't page a GM without looking stupid.  (I'm sure they tried.. )

Anyhow, I know I've told that story before and it's probably different this time.  lol
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »
oh TM you ARE an evil man after all!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 01:42:01 AM »
My house placement stories still make me chuckle.  Way back in the day on Baja, there was a large tower that had fallen, and there were a couple smaller houses that had been placed so the spot was under contention.  I had stealthed into the area and for a couple hours, I eavesdropped on the conversation between the two individuals that were going back and forth trying to buy one person or the other out so that the spot could be reverted back to a tower spot. 

This was during the time when large plots in Trammel were nearly impossible to find and before the house placement tool.  So I left for town and retrieved a large tower deed and returned to the site to lay in wait. 

Finally, the two people came to an accord and decided it was time to finalize the deal.  So with the deal done, the one guy took his gold (100K I think) and dropped his house.  They were paranoid a bit because they ran around looking for anyone, but didn't even bother to try the tracking skill.  So I just waited.  I had a screen shot of the tower in place before it fell, so I knew exactly where I needed to aim the placement in order to drop on their heads quickly.  The new "owner" dropped his house but was probably gobsmacked when within milliseconds a large tower appeared!  I had it ghosted and waiting to click 'Hell yeh, I want to place!"  I quickly un-hid and walked up onto the porch and hid again. 

They camped MY tower for 2 days after that and deposited released dragons at my doorstep.  They ranted and raved for hours after that.  This was trammel, so there wasn't alot they could do.  I beat their own stupidity over their heads like a rolled up newspaper, so they couldn't page a GM without looking stupid.  (I'm sure they tried.. )

Anyhow, I know I've told that story before and it's probably different this time.  lol

Damned near the same way I placed my first castle on Baja, still own it today :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline HalfMercy

• Activity:
    0%
  • HalfMercy has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:56 PM »
Lol... that IS funny :) Must have been hysterical in the first minutes afterwards watching them run around trying to figure out what just happened lol

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 01:38:17 PM »
Lol... that IS funny :) Must have been hysterical in the first minutes afterwards watching them run around trying to figure out what just happened lol

I still remember them completely breaking down once they understood what I had done to them.  I did forget that they got their guilds involved and it did get pretty ugly.  People can be jerks, especially when they are trying to compensate for being so bloody stupid.  ;)

My guess is they learned the tracking skill after that.  Muhahaha
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: