Author Topic: Luckiest Guy Ever!  (Read 19665 times)

Offline fleur

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • fleur has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Luckiest Guy Ever!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Actually, it was probably out of line for me to say that.  post removed, apologies.

:-X

??? Was it a response to my last comment that had to be removed later on? I didn't have a chance to read it. I guess, if it was addressed to me, then I should be happy that I haven't seen it   ::)

It appeared as though sometimes the 'luck' kicked in but I could be wrong...

Ultima, I don't know if you read this article about luck in the game
http://www.uoguide.com/Luck, but it explains very well how it works.

Let's say at the time a dread horn died, your luck suit was 2000. It is 68.2% that a loot will be increased. So if the game generates a random number at the time of the death from 0 to 99 (according to the article), then any number below 68 will mean that your loot will be increased, but any random number above 68 will mean that your loot won't be affected.

Quote:
If (Luck percentage (%) chance value > RNG value)
    Increase loot
Else
    Do not increase loot

Unless you have 3981 luck, which gives you 99,9% chance, then it is difficult to say if luck mattered or didn't without a thorough experiment.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. Voltaire (?)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »
LOL! So it works!?

There seems to be conflicting information as to whether or not it actually works...

It appeared that sometimes it did in fact work for me. However everyone and their brother is parroting what the Dev's acknowledged...that luck is in fact not working.

I don't think the Dev's even know...hell they've change hands so many time over the years whoever is at the helm probably wasn't even there when luck was written in and hasn't the clue or the time to deal with it.

So we get the complaints from people that luck isn't working. Then we get the classic OSI/EA response..."Yes we know, we're working on it. We'll fix it soon!"

Luck...it's a conspiracy! ;)

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »
I use no luck and I get every drop in game. Some examples:

1.) Ran upon a small guild doing a spawn at the bog one day. They had champ low on health already. I hit it with about 4-5 flamestrikes. When the thing died I got the +4 Int boots. :D

2.) Raided a spawn once and through up some para fields. Never killed any spawn. When the champ dropped I received a replica.

3.) Did 2 oaks (in ilsh) in a row once. Got +3 Int boots on each one.

However, besides doing champ spawns my pvm experience is pretty bleh. :D

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »
I'm 90% sure luck has no part in replica or scroll drops. It just matters for monster loot. As far as peerless special drops (crimson, crystalline, etc) I'm not sure if it does, but I don't think so.

Tags: