Author Topic: Timbo Slice's IDOC Timer v1.00  (Read 25831 times)

Offline Dixie WreckedTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Timbo Slice's IDOC Timer v1.00
« on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
+1
Do you like to do IDOCs, but never seem to know when the house status changed from Greatly to IDOC nor when it is actually going to fall?  Then this is the script for you!  While simple in what it does, this script has proven invaluable for me, especially for getting more sleep than I might otherwise.  Basically, this script will keep you hidden while waiting for the house status to change to in danger of collapse.  After the status changes to IDOC, the menu will display the time and will log your character out, so when you next check your computer, you can know exactly when the status turned.  There isn't much more to it, but please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!

Change Log:
v1.00 Initial Public Release

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Timbo Slice's IDOC Timer.txt
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Timbo Slice's IDOC Timer v1.00
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:57 PM »
+1
*Reserved*
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:28:07 PM by Dixie Wrecked »
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
+1
I'll test it this week.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
+1
Works very well. Thanks!!!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
+1
Works very well. Thanks!!!!

Awesome, glad to hear it worked for you!  Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it, as I am always looking to improve my scripts.
- karrde

Offline bendel

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • bendel has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »
+1
Hello, i tested this today and its *bleep* nice ;p

I have a little suggestion, maybe can you add a multi houses check with reccal runes ?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »
+1
Hello, i tested this today and its *bleep* nice ;p

I have a little suggestion, maybe can you add a multi houses check with reccal runes ?

Thanks, I'm glad you had some success with this script! 

As for your suggestion, I had thought of having another script to do the multi-house checks as well, but discovered a number of possible problems with recalling around.  The biggest concern I had with it is the frequency of crashes I've had with recalling, which would end up giving no results instead of even just one useful time. 

Other issues are fairly easily resolved, such as needing to either have multiple loose runes or default set runebooks, but others may not be quite as simple to code, such as using multiple runes within one runebook (I've figured out how I might handle this, but it would require a little more coding than easier methods).  The timing of the recalls would also have to be determined, such as whether it would continuously recall around a loop or if it would loop through each rune, wait a set amount of time, then go through the loop again.  While either of these methods might work (although continuously recalling might be more than a little suspicious and would be much more susceptible to crashing), the delay might reduce the effectiveness of getting an "exact" time for the house going IDOC, and while the difference between knowing it turned at exactly 12:34:56am or sometime between 12:30:00 and 12:40:00 might not seem too significant, a larger gap or two houses with the same gap as the turning time might make it more difficult to know which house to camp first.

Of course, I might try something like this script anyway, not as a replacement or update to this one, but rather as a stand-alone script for getting approximate IDOC times, but as of right now, I would have to say this would not be a top priority for me, as I usually just have several clients open and run the script with each client if I need the times for more than one house each night.  I do thank you for the suggestion though, as it might give me ideas for future updates or completely new scripts!
- karrde

Offline Krib

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Krib has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 04:26:43 AM »
+1
Finally found and tryed this script it's just what I was looking for Thank a bunch  :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
+1
Script Move to Script library - thank you for the submission.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 01:06:59 AM »
+1
congrats on being moved to script library, i used this last night with great success, one idoc time was an hour out but that could be a long shard mainanence, ive used it a lot and it always its pretty much withing 10 mins (shard down time)

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 01:17:53 PM »
+1
lol just realised the script i used last night wasnt this one lol, im using this one now :)

Offline bulldawg2434

• Activity:
    0%
  • bulldawg2434 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 10:08:09 PM »
+1
great script man. been looking for something like this that would actually work and it does. thank you for sharing

Offline apereyr3

• Activity:
    0%
  • apereyr3 has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 12:11:12 PM »
+1
Simple and it works. Worked like a charm for me. Thanks!

Offline whtedrgn

• Activity:
    0%
  • whtedrgn has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
+1
I am testin the script out now and it detected the status properly (YAY! :) ) but the last toggle time stays the same as the start time for me... so i dont know if it is actively checking or not. I will see if the status changed in the morning and if it catches it.

Thanks for the script man!

EDIT: Nevermind, im just impatient :P the default timer is set to 600 seconds so it didnt update until it ran for 10 mins. I cut it down to 1 min and it appears to be working properly :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:41:02 PM by whtedrgn »

Offline omak81

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • omak81 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »