Author Topic: Cleanup Points List  (Read 22583 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Cleanup Points List
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
slime statues?

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
We need another list for the unknown and whether or not they have any turn in value:

1) Tasty Treats
2) Slime Statues
3) Bloody Sash

I need to figure out how to use the character copy/transfer over to TC!

Most of the big value items have been bought up. There was a mad dash spending spree going on across all shards soon as the list started to grow.

Kinda like those grocery store raffles where you can fill up your cart under 2 mins...that's what Luna was like on many shards with people racing to find items on vendors.

I managed to get a few Finnagens but some of you others beat me to a few!

Shame on all of you who attempted to out do me! 8)

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »

I need to figure out how to use the character copy/transfer over to TC!

For the purpose of testing point values, just load up your backpack and/or bank box with items you want to test.  Then choose "help" from the paperdoll gump, then the last option is "Character Copy".  Make sure you're not mounted, follow the instructions (clicking a few "next", "ok", or similar buttons), then your character will be squelched and invised, and finally a message will appear that your character has been copied.  Now just go to TC1 on that account and the character will appear naked in some city.  You can dress from there, then move everything from a moving crate to your characters backpack (bank is left as is).  Then hopefully you can either place a small house or know someone with a house, so you can actually do your testing.
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
carefull fellas...

this is highly scriptable.

1 mil gold equals 10k points

and almost everything that exists can be turned in.  the value of this stuff is going to be squat.  Dont get em wrong, it will be fun but i dont see a lot af value short or long term here.  unless they turn it off and I am thinking that they may not.

so let's see...  it looks like one point per 100 gold.  if you are spending at a ratio beyond that.  you are throwing gold away

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 09:42:51 AM »
I have to have at least one of everything, and a pile of bless deeds.  I'm pretty irritated that they re-released 2008's rewards.  Pathetic attempt to hide how little thought went into this year's stuff.

Also - those imbueable suits are going to get broken, so you'll need spare parts.

But yeah - not much long term value here.  Except maybe those boots.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2011, 09:45:40 AM »
If they turn the "Clean Up" off after 6 months the items will retain some value. Those boots are going to come in damn handy and I for one plan on loading up on them.

If the "Clean up" system is left to run in perpetuity then were going to see what we have with community collections where the items continue to decrease in value.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
I agree with Nobama except for Bless Deeds.

Overall the rewards are pretty weak but there are too many people that want one of everything in the game.

Someone enlighten me as to why the Bless Deeds have any value whatsoever!?

Chances are a lifetime of insurance isn't going to cost a fraction of what's invested to obtain a Bless Deed. I'm not getting it...someone explain to me or point out where a Bless Deed proves to have some real value because I can't think of anything right now.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
it is so true on the insurance vs bless deeds but htey may make items easier to recover.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 10:09:30 AM »
I agree with Nobama except for Bless Deeds.

Overall the rewards are pretty weak but there are too many people that want one of everything in the game.

Someone enlighten me as to why the Bless Deeds have any value whatsoever!?

Chances are a lifetime of insurance isn't going to cost a fraction of what's invested to obtain a Bless Deed. I'm not getting it...someone explain to me or point out where a Bless Deed proves to have some real value because I can't think of anything right now.

Because I just lost my darn Crimson Cincture to buggy insurance code, or because I ran out of money and didn't notice.  I want blessed stuff.

Plus:  You're well aware of my Deed fetish, Ultima.  I can't get enough of them, whatever they are.  This is why I have 45 Of each holiday ticket stacked in my houses.  There are some points to be made there, I think!

EDIT:  They also did it to address the dupe issue, I think.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:20:07 AM by NObama »

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
Deed fetish...hehe

hey are these item or clothing bless.  sounded like item.

any one check fish or normal shoes from fishing?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
Deed fetish...hehe

hey are these item or clothing bless.  sounded like item.

any one check fish or normal shoes from fishing?

Normal shoes from fishing are worth something.  I put it in my OP.  You can't stack them though, so I don't know how many shoes equal a full point.  You'd have to put a bunch in a bag and check your total after the bag is destroyed in the garbage can.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
yes i think you have to be careful what you donate... my rule is simply going to be anything thats just eating up storage space that i have zero use for and cannot easily turn into gold is getting donated.

Now runic tools especially low end ones are defiantly not getting donated .. but that box of trash recipes and the 200 odd tamps i havent used are defiantly getting junked.  

Their will initially be a market for points but that market may dry up within a short time ... a few days to a few weeks who knows.  But its a bit of fun either way .. if only i could get the client installed lol.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 10:29:58 AM »
so is this copy character thing on test as simple as doing it through the help menu with a bank full of items to test?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »
so i do a character copy and i cannot find a single public trash can.  u have to be friggin kidding me.  all banks have them deleted on test

Offline Kane12

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kane12 has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 11:07:42 AM »
Correct C2....from the help menu....

Try Tokuno for the trash can at the bank east of the moongate.....

Tags: