Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Publish patch notes  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Publish patch notes
« on: July 30, 2013, 01:17:02 PM »
Publish patch notes

Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2013 Jul 30 20:25 -0400 GMT We have fixed the Merchants Trinket you should see the fix tomorrow July 31st.  European shards will see this change tonight during your normal maintenance cycle on your shard.  All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90  and 10% [...]

http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/40473

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Publish patch notes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:40:49 PM »
We have fixed the Merchants Trinket you should see the fix tomorrow July 31st.  European shards will see this change tonight during your normal maintenance cycle on your shard.  All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90  and 10% to 40.

We would also like to recommend you do not purchase Mythic or Advanced character tokens from anyone in game out of of game at this time.  Purchasing from the Origin store is acceptable.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »
All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90  and 10% to 40.

I've never seen this item but I looked up what it is. But these numbers still don't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 04:34:44 AM »
no idea what this is either.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 05:43:08 AM »
All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90  and 10% to 40.

I've never seen this item but I looked up what it is. But these numbers still don't make sense to me. Can someone explain?

May google be your friend :

Merchant's Trinket :

It's the earrings which softens the desire to the money of a player's vendor by the power of magic. The vendor with these earrings comes to accept the reduction in his/her daily charges based on the discount rate displayed on the item property.

Merchant's Trinket has two kinds from which the discount rate and charges differ.
90 charges (Thin Red)
40 charges (White)
You can check whether the discount rate has influenced properly from the vendor menu. When you make it equip opening the vendor menu, please close and reopen the menu.

Notes
1 charge is consumed when vendor's daily charge is drafted on.
If earrings' charges become 0, it loses the effect.
It displays the warning gump when you make your rental vendor equip this item.
This item doesn't have blessed property in Siege/Mugen.

Source : http://www.mmorg-shop.com/Ultima_Online_item_Merchants_Trinket_Thin_Red_-_90_charges_English.html

Btw if you consider buying from this store. My Mother buying all kind of games and games passes there since 10 years :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 05:45:19 AM by Crome969 »

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:54 AM »
All existing trinkets will have their charges reset to max 5% to 90  and 10% to 40.

May google be your friend :

Merchant's Trinket :

It's the earrings which softens the desire to the money of a player's vendor by the power of magic. The vendor with these earrings comes to accept the reduction in his/her daily charges based on the discount rate displayed on the item property.

Merchant's Trinket has two kinds from which the discount rate and charges differ.
90 charges (Thin Red)
40 charges (White)
You can check whether the discount rate has influenced properly from the vendor menu. When you make it equip opening the vendor menu, please close and reopen the menu.

Notes
1 charge is consumed when vendor's daily charge is drafted on.
If earrings' charges become 0, it loses the effect.
It displays the warning gump when you make your rental vendor equip this item.
This item doesn't have blessed property in Siege/Mugen.

Source : http://www.mmorg-shop.com/Ultima_Online_item_Merchants_Trinket_Thin_Red_-_90_charges_English.html

Btw if you consider buying from this store. My Mother buying all kind of games and games passes there since 10 years :)

So the 5% to 90 means the 90 charge gets a 5% discount? Same for 10% to 40?

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:27 AM »
Really is it worth the effort and $ cost of these things. ???

Specially as i don't see where it says if rechargeable or not.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »

I dont think its rechargable. If i read right, you give this earrings your npc and it reduces the costs by %. This could make sense if its like 10% - 5% and not 95% of 10%. Dunno how its calculated. if it just reduce the % cost - 5% then for big sellers this would be worthy. Just as remebering : this Item camed up 2007. They may hope by increase the chances they hope you again buy it.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:48:30 AM »

cheaper to buy the gold you would lose to vendor fees... if it really is that big of an issue.  The item came up because of peeps bitchin and moaning about vendor fees.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:21 AM »
Totally not worth it.  Sell via Stratics and General Chat for little stuff, use the vendor for huge purchases to avoid being scammed.

It isn't like we all can't farm as much gold as we'd ever need anyway...

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
Vendor fee's are actually pretty low... Properly price your item and it shouldn't last more than a couple days on your vendor.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: