Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Summary of the Game Balancing Changes  (Read 7867 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Summary of the Game Balancing Changes
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
Summary of the Game Balancing Changes

Greetings,
In yesterday's downtime we have started to bring some changes to Test Center 1.
The following list is a short summary of the addressed topics:

Focus Skill Spec - Increase of spell damage increase cap from 15% to 40% for templates that focus in only one spell school.
Poisoning - A few tweaks to Poison and Poisoning Skill
Healing Skill
Cure Potions
Cleansing Winds
Enchanted Apples
Petals/Poison Immunity
Special Moves

Lightning Strike
Dual Wield
Defensive Mastery
Block
Psychic Attack
Force  Arrow

Chivalry

Divine Fury
Cleanse by Fire
Enemy of One
Remove Curse
Consecrate Weapon

For details of all the changes, please see the discussion thread on stratics.
We look forward to your constructive feedback.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/413

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Summary of the Game Balancing Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 11:23:50 AM by Cerveza »
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
I can see a Nox Mage in my immediate future....

120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Eval
100 Poisoning
120 Wrestling
100 Inscription
40 Spare
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
Anyone see this as a possible trimback of some of the sampire abilities or atleast away to make them less effeciant.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
Anyone see this as a possible trimback of some of the s
ampire abilities or atleast away to make them less effeciant.
Nah, I don't see it hurting whammy or sampire at all.  This looks like a pvp balance tuT discourages all these cross breeds of mages with other casting types.  It should actually put nox mages back on the map along with some other pure templates.  Sampires do not rely on spell damage and many don't use bandages.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »

120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Eval
100 Poisoning
120 Wrestling
100 Inscription
40 Spare
Nox Mage is my primary mage template, although I opt for 120 Resist rather than adding Inscription. I'll have to play around again with the new changes, although I'm going to have to re-learn how to play this game lol.

X

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »

120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Eval
100 Poisoning
120 Wrestling
100 Inscription
40 Spare
Nox Mage is my primary mage template, although I opt for 120 Resist rather than adding Inscription. I'll have to play around again with the new changes, although I'm going to have to re-learn how to play this game lol.

X

Yep, I'd like to keep the inscription for 50% SDI though... so drop wrestling and go with the -20 Mage weapon and jewelry/tali to keep it on.

Then it becomes a little difficult to get the extra 25 SDI though... Can't use a spell book...

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
Secondary Support skills also count toward focus spec
(Missed this in initial notes)
These include: Focus, Spirit Speak, Imbuing, and Evaluate Intelligence.

I don't even get what that means...

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
Ok, better explanation.

Quote from: Some Mythic Dude
Better Context:
Since secondary support skills modify the damage of the primary skills you are only allow to have one primary above 30.0 and one secondary above 30.0.

Pure Mage = Magery + Eval Int
Pure Mystic = Mysticism + Focus/Imbuing
Pure Necro = Necromancy + Spirit Speak
Pure Spellweaver = Spellweaving

"Focused" Titles are unlocked upon meeting the required skills.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
In order for you to cast Lethal Poison, you must have GM poisoning.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 03:35:50 PM »
As much as it saddens me, I'm glad to see their giving people a reason to have higher Chiv skill. I, however, thought that each main skill type should have an associated 2 or 3 slot pet that has special abilities. For example, 100 Chiv gives you the ability to RIDE a silver steed (oldschool, I know) and 120 Chiv gives you the ability to also control it (beyond the basic "all follow" you could do at GM). Necros would get Nightmares. Mystics would get unicorns, etc etc etc. Would make for much more interesting combat!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
As much as it saddens me, I'm glad to see their giving people a reason to have higher Chiv skill. I, however, thought that each main skill type should have an associated 2 or 3 slot pet that has special abilities. For example, 100 Chiv gives you the ability to RIDE a silver steed (oldschool, I know) and 120 Chiv gives you the ability to also control it (beyond the basic "all follow" you could do at GM). Necros would get Nightmares. Mystics would get unicorns, etc etc etc. Would make for much more interesting combat!

That actually not a bad idea.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »

very cool idea

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »
I declare most of these PvP fixes as crap.  Stop &^%$ing with my PvM to fix your broke-ass PvP...which is all about scripts battling scripts anyway.

/end rant.

But hey!  I lost my bet:  No RC nerf!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 03:53:07 AM »

Tags: