Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Summary of the Game Balancing Changes  (Read 7866 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Summary of the Game Balancing Changes
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 10:07:54 AM »
40% Spell damage increase................  ???

Two man mage team, one necro mage, other scribe mage, Curse, Then Necro mage evil omens, scribe mage flamestrikes. Twenty bucks says it does 100 damage.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 05:52:32 AM »
Can the inscription bonus push you over the 15% PvP cap now? Is it in addition to the proposed cap?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 06:06:59 AM »
Inscription 10% has always been "on top of" the 15% pvp limit. With the 40% change you can add inscription and have a "pure" mage doing 50% damage increase in PvP. Casting 60 hp flamestrikes would be a reality, and with the target corpse skinned and evil omened (by another player) you could kill just about anyone with an Explosion/Flamestrike (in theory).
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 06:23:35 PM »
Wait wait wait.  You mean to tell me mages are getting 50% SDI in pvp now?!  What dexxer hating jackass came up with that brainstorm?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:15:32 PM »
Hahahaha, The dev's should never put the words "Balancing" into any publish they make. I will shuriken everyone to death after this publish. My mage macros will be 1: Shuriken, 2: Shuriken, wait.. I only need 1 for shurikens...... *Cough* 2:  Magic arrow
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
MW, I am probably just missing something, but I am trying to figure out the details behind the shuriken comment.  What about this update makes them more effective?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »
Cure potions and spells will be tweaked.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
From the sounds of it, they are changing cure potions to not work 100% of the time based on the level of poison.

With 120 Ninjitsu, I'm pretty sure you can DP someone with a shuriken, or 20.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 04:39:16 AM »
So I dusted off my old nox mage and wonder what I should do with some extra points.

Current skill set:

Magery 120
Medi     120
EI        120
Resist   120
Insc     100
Poison  100

I have it in focus right now, but I could probably do something better with it.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
Focus is about as good as you can get. If you add *any* other casting then you lose the 40% cap for PvP SDI.

That char with 40% SDI items will be tearing up people if the new "balancing" changes go in as they are now.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
If he goes above 30 focus he'll be capped at the normal 15% sdi. Focus is tied in with Mysticism.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
Here's what I'm seeing:

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
100 Scribe
100 Poison
40 Focus (+20 from Crystalline = 60)

If I'm not mistaken, you can still have the 40sdi with this template?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 05:19:46 AM »
It looks like you can keep all 40 in focus without losing the SDI bump, if I am reading it right.  In which case my old Nox mage doesn't need a tweak, I just need to imbue one of the 20 planeswords I have lying around.

I never really used this toon.  I was behind the curve. I finished developing it and then couldn't seem to poison anyone effectively in PvP.

-Mario Andretti

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
Last time I was on test you couldn't have 30+ in either the main skills or the suppor or else it nerfed the 40 sdi.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: