Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 162638 times)

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 05:58:51 AM »
+1
I don't see anything about Spirit Speak? does anyone call a Wisp for the extra mana Regen? or is there enough in the mana leech to not have to worry about this?

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »
+1
ok i have my sampire almost worked out. my ? is what the heck is a Wammy ????

Sampire is vamp form dexxer.
Whammy is wraith form dexxer.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 08:23:21 AM »
+1
Wraith Form Samurai. Similar to the Sampurai but uses Spirit Speak and Wraith Form for mana-leech and Curse Weapon for life-leech.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »
+1
I don't see anything about Spirit Speak? does anyone call a Wisp for the extra mana Regen? or is there enough in the mana leech to not have to worry about this?

All about the mana leech.

LMC > MR in my opinion because you'll leech who knows how much more then you will regenerate.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »
+1
I just got my weapon for those stupid spiders at DH! lol.

Crook
Spider Slayer
44 Mana leech
38 Lower Def
25 SSI
41 DI

:P

Got it off a darkfather.  Which now that I mention it I have soloed DF's & all rooms about 15x this morning using my same template :P.  I use exiler on the DF because it rocks dispelling the reverants with momentum strike.  Once he runs out of mana completely i swap to my blackthorns kryss and AI, LS, LS, LS, and repeat that over and over.

He's a bit tougher than dreadhorn mainly because of his necro spells.  Damn corpse takes me to 42 fire resist :(  Plus the bloodoath isn't fun haha.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:50 AM »
+1
Hey OMG, would be willing to share your specific template, or did I miss it somewhere?

Thanks!

XII

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 06:19:11 AM »
+1
I run this:
120 mace
120 bushido
120 parry
100 tactics
100 spiritspeak
90 chivalry
70 necromancy

wraith form whenever i fight.  I've been thinking of going fencing though to evade w/ the blackthorn kryss' on, but i don't have any other fencing weapons beside them so im holding off on that atm :P
100 spirit speaks gives me about a 30 second curse weapon
90 chivalry to res my friends when they die lol

otherwise you can go a bit lower necro & chiv and go 120 tactics.  Also you don't need 120's, maybe the weaponskill at least imo.  The rest at 110/115 should be good enough.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 06:39:42 AM »
+1
Interesting - so no problems without healing then? I guess as long as you don't miss you are in good shape.

I have been working on one but my guy has swords and I die quickly just against the bone demon LOL (but that's with a samp not Wraith). I was thinking about trying the Wammurai. Also I have no 120's, all 115 or lower. I'm sure that doesn't help.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 07:28:48 AM »
+1
I prefer having healing for when you get the keys, so sampire is still the way im going. But interesting template, might actually give it a go. I just bought this kryss for Dark Father, i doubt it will work against DH and the others cos it simply does low damage. Doesnt have SSI but im not gonna need it.

HML 48
HSL 50
HLL 42
HLD 48
LUCK 72
DI 40
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »
+1
My wammy dies 5x less then my sampire ever has :x.

IMO the wammy is better at fightning things with a mana pool, that will regenerate.  Cause it makes them invincible.  A sampire is better at fightning things with no mana pool.

I actually got rid of my sampire because my wammy does everything he could ever do, a ton safer, and only loses a few dmg a hit which is nothing :P.  The sampire was a wasted character slot for me now haha.

Long as you hit you're okay.  I use a lot of one handed weapons and my suit has 50ep, so i can chug a gheal when needed but usually never bother bringing them.  Keep your stamina up & keep what your fightning under the HLD effect as must as possible to avoid missing.  Sometimes you can't help but die from missing 5x in a row.  That has only happened on my vs. darkfather though :(  But that's usually why I keep a crappy bone knight around to hit if i get dangerously low :P

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »
+1
OMG,

I'm going to mess around with your template and see how I fare with it. I'm suprised you run without a Swamp Dragon + Exceptional Barding but I guess in wraith form that's part of the price you pay for an endless mana pool.

Putting together an all 70's suit with Mace and Shield glasses is a major pain in the ass and I've not been successful especially when trying to max out HCI/DCI at 45 and still have some points decicated to DI.

Not sure how you do it. Maybe I need to get me a few barbed kits sometime as people are selling the 2nd rate leather on their vendors and hoarding the good stuff to themselves.

Here is my DH guide for dummies as it took me a long time to be able to solo the DH. Many failures but this is what I've been running this template with little or no problems with DH bout 18 mins:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
35 Necromancy

I go with a soulseeker as I love the special move of the radiant scimitar it can get you out of all kinds of trouble when you get mobbed.

Mace and Shield Glasses, RBC, Leggings of Bane and the rest leather with LMC. I also go with "protection' as I do not like being interrupted. Also take a Swamp Dragon with Exceptional barding for the 20% Damage Reduction.

Keep Curse Weapon up at all times (30 seconds with 100 SpiritSPeak) and consecrate weapon. Lightining strike and evade in between. That's about it in a nutshell not sure if I'd have the brass to do it AFK like OMGBurgers.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:22:31 PM by ultima »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
+1
damn I forgot I was trying a Sampyre/Wammy (Damn Plants got me all distorted)
I'm gonna have to play with some templates here.. and find a killer weapon..
I can't even take a Ogre Lord without running away every 3 seconds...

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2008, 01:15:46 AM »
+1
um.. so what about healing?
do you guys relay on leeching weapons that much?

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 03:46:25 AM »
+1
The idea with this template is that you leech life using Curse Weapon (Samcromancer? hehe) or Vamp form (Vampurai). Because of this reliance on Life Leech you MUST be able to hit as much as possible or die, this is why 120 weapon skill is a requirement and HLD is a close second. If you have Life Leech on the weapon that's just an added bonus but if you are doing things correctly you probably won't end up needing it.

XII

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 04:52:54 AM »
+1
OMG,

I'm going to mess around with your template and see how I fare with it. I'm suprised you run without a Swamp Dragon + Exceptional Barding but I guess in wraith form that's part of the price you pay for an endless mana pool.

Putting together an all 70's suit with Mace and Shield glasses is a major pain in the ass and I've not been successful especially when trying to max out HCI/DCI at 45 and still have some points decicated to DI.

Not sure how you do it. Maybe I need to get me a few barbed kits sometime as people are selling the 2nd rate leather on their vendors and hoarding the good stuff to themselves.

Here is my DH guide for dummies as it took me a long time to be able to solo the DH. Many failures but this is what I've been running this template with little or no problems with DH bout 18 mins:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
35 Necromancy

I go with a soulseeker as I love the special move of the radiant scimitar it can get you out of all kinds of trouble when you get mobbed.

Mace and Shield Glasses, RBC, Leggings of Bane and the rest leather with LMC. I also go with "protection' as I do not like being interrupted. Also take a Swamp Dragon with Exceptional barding for the 20% Damage Reduction.

Keep Curse Weapon up at all times (30 seconds with 100 SpiritSPeak) and consecrate weapon. Lightining strike and evade in between. That's about it in a nutshell not sure if I'd have the brass to do it AFK like OMGBurgers.

For running DH you just gota remember his actuall meele damage is Physical/Poison.  Then the magery with fire/cold/energy.  You can get by on DH with low energy/cold as long as you keep evasion up till you take most of his mana away.  I usually keep high fire just for the fact that exp/fs/fs/fs combos are NASTY LOL.

When I get DH redlined I switch to storm grips, lucky necklace, aof, jesters hat of chuckles, robe of equinox.  I believe I get around 800 luck + perfection luck (Does it work? LOL).  I can REALLY notice the luck change.

Also I run 50% DI on my weapon, 20% on my tally.  I've taken jewels with more DI with me into DH but had little to no damage increase.  (By little I mean maybe 1 point unless it was justa fluke).  So make sure you're not overpowered with DI.  My jewels are hci/dci/ep/resist.  I don't chug though cause I use two handed.

Also bond a lesser hiryu (Don't bother training it, it will get training from DH).  Before you turn in keys cast enemy of one, tell pet to follow you.  Turn in keys to get the white bottles.  Use an invisibility potion before using the white bottles so DH don't auto target you.  (He never seems to go for my pet).  I run my pet straight easy as much as I can and tell it to stay.  Curse weapon, get DH on lasttarget and get honor off.  Beat on him a bit and slowly walk him on screen of your Lesser Hiryu.  Say all guard me like 4 times and your Lesser Hiryu will eventually start kicking DH's ass lol.  DH should never target the Lesser directly, but spells like wildfire will.  He should live (Never had one die from things like that :P) and train up very nicely.  Saves a few minutes over time.

Also I don't use ANY leeches on my weapon as a wammy.  I think for a boss as easy as DH I'd go for weapons with AI or double strike.  Spamming double strike after the weapon special 3s rule killed DH a few minutes faster each time.  If you ran a sampire you could probably use that bug/exploit to get by that double mana cost from specials and hit him like crazy with chain ai's/doublestrikes if you have a weapon with sick mana leech haha.  I don't think it'll work with a wammy cause swapping/removing weapons wear off the curse weapon and you would die :P

Tags: