Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 168581 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2008, 04:01:54 AM »
So a question for you guys using Heartwood Darkwood armor, is it best to make this with a Dovetail Runic or just stick with a normal saw?

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2008, 04:29:25 AM »
Thats a good ? 12.  Been wondering the same thing about makeing armour and weapons with runic. Guess i'll burn a heartwood saw and some ingredientd and let you know.

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2008, 05:41:23 AM »
Ok the results are in. Dont waste the runic. i used a reg saw and a heartwood and got the exact same results. A normal darkwood gorget.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2008, 06:31:41 AM »
Ahh, makes sense. Can't get runic properties on special craftables, just the properties of the materials.

Thanks for testing BullMoose!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
My template im building which i need little advice on: (sami)

tactics 90
anatomy 90
healing 90
bushido 120
fencing 120
parry 100
chivalry 75
necromancy 29 (15 fishing pole, midnights, bloodwood, jewel set => 99)
---------------
714 skill = 6 free skill + 24 fencing skill on jewels = 30 free skill

now where do u think i should put my 30 available skillpoints?
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2008, 10:46:03 AM »
Spirit Speak is an integral part of my template because it determines how long curse Weapon will last (50% leech). Vamp form is only a 20% Life Leech Bonus. I do believe players have boasted at killing the bosses without using Spirit Speak using healing instead.

Your template is very spread out though which was something I was considering experimenting with to see how I do. You have all the skills in there. Not missing one skill like Anatomy or Parry like my template and OMG's.

30 Points in Spirit Speak would give you 9 Seconds with Curse Weapon. You could buy up the skill in Haven just to test it out and see how well you like it.

Also don't forget if your going to be in Vamp form as opposed to wraith from get a Swamp Dragon and load it up with exceptional Dragon Barding (20% Damage Reduction).

Guys the Heartwood Darkwood Suit is extremely difficult to put together but well worth it in my opinion. As you found out in testing any saw will do. There are 6 random properties which come with using Heartwood. Two of which are +5 HCI% and +10% DI. The downside of this suit is that you don't have the HLD effects of Mace and Shield and the LMC or MR of using other artifacts. The upside is that with the right jewelry DI + HCI and Fire Resist you can very easily be all 70's with 45 HCI/DCI and easliy 80+DI.

I've used both suits and I"m not sure which I prefer more. I need to do a few more Paroxymus and battles against the Putrefier to see how they balance out against eachother.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
Definitely a good idea worth trying ;) Personally i was thinking to put it in healing to get super heals, but im liking yours more to save up on the mana and insure leeches. Reason i go with sammi is because a friend has pretty much same template as me and ive never seen him bite the dust with it, althou im sure it has happened hehe. If it doesnt work out, i can easily switch template over so no biggie there.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2008, 06:09:50 PM »
I've always been an advocate of 100 healing. NEVER fail to cure poison with a bandage.

At 90 healing you WILL fail to cure, and it'll be at the most inopportune times.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »
I agree, I was hesitant to stoning it, but you need Gm anatomy at the same time.. so maybe a loss in tatics? I duno.. every template has its own kinks, but work in some weird way.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2008, 02:18:00 AM »
Maybe i could put +20 in parry and +10 in healing then? what u think?

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2008, 03:03:29 AM »
Like ultima said i use 3 darkwood peices made from heartwood. which gives me 15 HCI and 10 HP reg from the blood wood. seems to be a good balance for me.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2008, 04:25:52 AM »
I agree, I was hesitant to stoning it, but you need Gm anatomy at the same time.. so maybe a loss in tatics? I duno.. every template has its own kinks, but work in some weird way.
Negative, Ghost Rider. 100 Healing and 80 Anatomy will cure poison 100% of the time.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2008, 09:04:17 AM »
Negative, Ghost Rider. 100 Healing and 80 Anatomy will cure poison 100% of the time.

Cerveza, when are we getting another update of your kid bullying adults?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
OT: Since the talent show, he got first place in an Olympic style TKD tourny. Still working hard, should be black belt testing soon.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »
OT: Since the talent show, he got first place in an Olympic style TKD tourny. Still working hard, should be black belt testing soon.

Derails are better off unnoticed until 5 or 6 posts later :P

Tags: