Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 168632 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2008, 08:42:02 PM »
Omg, what kind of weapon did you use on your macer?  I'm going to use mace on my main pvm warrior on another shard, and want an idea of what kind of weapon..

Winds Edge (DH key collecting, Shimmering killing)
Quarter Staff (HLD/HLA/HCI/SSI/DI) (DH Killer cause double strike pwnt him)
Exiler (DF killer) (The dispel rocked the reverants)
Blackthorns kryss' (Undead/demon for other rooms)
Mace (Harm/Manaleech/SSI/DI) (flesh renderers)
Diamond Mace (Life/Mana/Stamina/SSI/DI) (Newest weapon but haven't got to use much since I switched to fencing)
Crafted Tessen on Paramox (Mana/StaminaLeech/SSI/DI) (Feint is cute)

I'm still gearing up my fencer.  I assume I could use the darkened sky to collect DH keys for now.  Arachnid Blackthorn kryss on the spiders (if it works).  But I don't have a DH killer any more ;(  So I'm trying to find something.  I just want HLA/SSI/DI really to be honest, just havent spend much time looking.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2008, 01:17:04 AM »
Pearls you did Chief Paroxysmus in wraith form with the template you posted above? That's the template I'm gunning for my on 2nd account so if that's the case I'm feeling good about it.

What happened the first go around?

Also "Protection" spell is so you don't get interrupted but I think at 35-40 Necromancy you still have a chance at pretty good chance at fizzling. I know I fizzle a fair amount of time at 35 anyhow so I'm gonna bump it at least to 40.

Yeah i used that template, and i use my mage to get the keys. I dont use protection spell, i just use paralyze blow on the weapon, paroxy get paralyzed, i can fire off any spell i want, or get my *bleep* back together hehe. And yeah 40 necro seems to be perfect to cast curse weapon.

What happened the first go around? Hmm. Not sure exactly, i figured it was a one hit kill, or i let my enemy of one accidently run out, which was probably the case.

And OMG is the master!
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2008, 02:58:44 AM »
is technically not being nurfed, just the way that we use it is being nurfed.
so if you cast wraith and take off your jewels, if the required skill falls below that, you will return to your Normal state.  as long as you can keep your necro skill above the required skill for vamp form you will still get the benefits.

The thing about the wammy is the requirement is 20.  If they coded it correctly it shouldn't matter on a human if you use jewels to get in because the JOAT will leave you at 20 no matter what.

But I guess we will find that out once it hits test center.

The other thing to consider is that even a standard whammy template like OMG's is still able to do the Samp thing by just throwing on Bracers even after the nerf. The question becomes simply why would you want to?

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »
How about listing up some Whammy suits?

Mace and Shield for the 30% HLD? or ASH for the DCI + Resists?
RBC for the LMC? or Barbed for the Resists?
Collar for the Dex? or Barbed for everything else?
Jewelry? Talisman?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »
Cerveza, is your suits you were originally posting for your Sampire still relevant for the wammy?

Also, there are those of us who are always on a UO budget, so how about a poor-mans suit?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2008, 01:16:22 PM »
Completely different.

Vamps had to deal with -25 Fire resist.

Whams have +15 (or as I like to run, 0 with protection offset) physical, -5 fire and energy (energy?)

So making a 70's or close suit is much easier with a Whammy.

I was playing with

Head: M&S
Chest: RBC
Leggings: Fey
Neck, Arms, Gloves: Barbed, resists + LMC
Jewelry: Fill in resists + DCI, DMG if possible

I suppose the goal would be 70's, 40 LMC and 45 DCI. HCI isn't too critical cause of the LS spam.

A weapon with Stamina Leech and Hit Lower Attack would be ideal to go with M&S HLD.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
I pitched this to XII that I was going to try to get a ring with one of these two sets.. and this ring will be freakin sweet if I can make it, one problem, need more gems.

turquiose ring with
+5 SSI or 35+ DI
8 STR/INT
HCI/DCI or resist (depending on rest of suit)

that's 4 mods, the uber one would be to go +5 SSI with close to 25 DI and the rest, 5 mods, can be done, and ring be freak worth a fortune. Fit into a suit the tokuno minor helm with +10 SSI, and carry a hally swinging at 1.25, whirlwind spawns. 

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »
Here's what I got going on my whammy:

Mace & Shield Glasses
Rune Beetle Carapace
Fey Leggings
SoulSeeker
Valorite Shield 5/0/3/3/3 11 DCI 12 HCI
A Primer on Arms Damage Removal
Horned Leather Gloves LMC 8% 7/22/9/19/5
Horned Leather SLeeves 15/24/21/7/7
Voice of the Fallen King
Ring HCI 14% LMC 7% DI 20% Poison Resist 13%
Bracelet FCR 2 Fire Resist 13% Poison Resist 9% Energy Resist 9%

This gives me 70/70/70/70/75 HCI 26% DI 40% LMC 30% DCI 36%

I've solo'd Dreadhorn 4X with this template & Gear and he is easier now than when I was doing it in Vampire Form. The ability to spam special moves is a HUGE bonus with an endless mana pool. The key gathering is a bit more difficult for me because I'm used to having more mobility. There have been quite a few times where I got mobbed by multiple critters and died. If I can get any of the creatures alone I do fine but when they gang up on me I have problems in wraith form. Maybe once I get a little more acclimated to the wraith form this won't happen. I'm still looking to get a better bracelet with some more DCI and DI with resist to polish off the suit.

But Dreadhorn himself is a breeze. I haven't tried Chief Paroxymus yet. I like Voice of the King over Jackals Collar. It has 5 less resists but more balanced resist and STMR and HPR.

This is with
120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
100 Spirit Speak
90 Chivalry
40 Necormancy

I'm going to switch out Anatomy with Parry and compare the two and see which has more success.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
If u will go parry + bushido, drop the shield. http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php

My suit right now is:

foldeds
jackalls
rbc
bane
bkit gloves + sleeves (just using some resists ones, one of em has mr 2 lmc x and one of em mi i think?)
primer
quiver of infinity
robe of eclipse
bone harvy with hsl hml hll hld ssi di (mortal, paralyze blow)

My resists are 68/70/65/70/7(x) with hci 20+, dci 42, di 99, ep 20, out of head my str = 120, dex = 145, mana is 65, luck with statue is 795 i think.

Paroxy has become really easy. I use paralyze blow on weapon just before i want to cast Enemy of One or Curse Weapon, or to get my act together, which only happens once in a while. I use C2 pvp bot to chug cures, TR, heals, strength pots. I use LS non stop, alternate counter attack and evasion, make sure i keep curse weapon and enemy of one up.

Killing putrefier i use mage in wraith form, when hes redlined, i switch back, get on charger of fallen, kill him off, cos he respawns so quickly. Either cast EV, Ebolt him in range where he can hit u, or use chain lightning on the mountain where hes standing. It'll make sense if u watch this:

I hate doing keys thou, sometimes takes ages. I try to go for 2-3 paroxy a day now, i always get lard, and i was lucky enough to get 1 crimmy on 3d or 4th paroxy. ;)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2008, 04:33:27 AM »
Ok hm ive been getting killed few times this week by paroxy, am i doing something wrong, or does paroxy just one hit kill u like i think he does hehe.

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2008, 04:45:50 AM »
How rough would it be to drop healing 100 and anatomy 85. Take up necro 85 and spirit speak 100 and wear a + 15 necro 11 Hit chance brace. Would i still beable to function in Sapire form ? Or Would not have the healing hurt to much ??

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »
Healing on sampire always annoys me, though i've had it. I'm not one of the solo champions around here, but, i hate when it cures a poison that you resist. I think the fact that you're leeching keeps you alive through most. Then you can use SS to heal also. But i'm still learning with both samp and whammy.

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2008, 07:51:39 AM »
Ok.. I've been practicing a lot with my Wammy. I love the fact that I almost never run out of Mana, not sure if it helps but I also cast a Spirit Wisp (Shadow Wisp).  I have a pretty decent suit of armor and I use a elemental slayer blackthorns Kryss when I fight Blood Elementals, Fairly easy with curse weapon.  when a paragon spawns, Honor, Concentrate weapon, Curse weapon, and Divine Furry are all casted.  Oh yeah Enemy of one is usually already in effect.  now while Fighting the paragon I find my stamina drains pretty fast so I keep a good amount of Total Refresh pots on me.  I don't worry to much when I get poisoned since life leech keep me fully healed.  I keep a Dart trap on me just in case I get paralyzed.  if I start missing and my HP starts to get low, I Cast Confidence for a quick heal regen, then I use Spirit Speak for an additional heal.  I can take on para bloods pretty good now.. once in a while one will catch me off guard.

now I wounder whats the next step to fighting some of the bigger monsters?
I tried my luck on a balron, that didn't go very well. he hits very hard and I wasn't able to withstand enough of his punishment.

basically I'd like to learn how to fight DH solo or with a bard on my side.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2008, 08:56:25 AM »
Ok hm ive been getting killed few times this week by paroxy, am i doing something wrong, or does paroxy just one hit kill u like i think he does hehe.

There are times when you have to joust him or pull away and heal up. You can't stand toe to toe with him the entire time because he has that lethal 60+ Poison attack that is totally random. You need to be able to absorb that at all times so anytime I'm not at 80% or above I move back and heal up. Then go back in and engage him.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »

now I wounder whats the next step to fighting some of the bigger monsters?
I tried my luck on a balron, that didn't go very well. he hits very hard and I wasn't able to withstand enough of his punishment.

basically I'd like to learn how to fight DH solo or with a bard on my side.

I prefer to test things out at times on Sphynx, it hits decent and has a good mana pool. Yea, if you dont watch it you could die, mana can run out, stamina can get low, but it's usually something safe to test out things with. I don't think it's prone to any slayer weapon.

Tags: