Author Topic: Sampire  (Read 168489 times)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »
Ok.. I've been practicing a lot with my Wammy. I love the fact that I almost never run out of Mana, not sure if it helps but I also cast a Spirit Wisp (Shadow Wisp).  I have a pretty decent suit of armor and I use a elemental slayer blackthorns Kryss when I fight Blood Elementals, Fairly easy with curse weapon.  when a paragon spawns, Honor, Concentrate weapon, Curse weapon, and Divine Furry are all casted.  Oh yeah Enemy of one is usually already in effect.  now while Fighting the paragon I find my stamina drains pretty fast so I keep a good amount of Total Refresh pots on me.  I don't worry to much when I get poisoned since life leech keep me fully healed.  I keep a Dart trap on me just in case I get paralyzed.  if I start missing and my HP starts to get low, I Cast Confidence for a quick heal regen, then I use Spirit Speak for an additional heal.  I can take on para bloods pretty good now.. once in a while one will catch me off guard.

now I wounder whats the next step to fighting some of the bigger monsters?
I tried my luck on a balron, that didn't go very well. he hits very hard and I wasn't able to withstand enough of his punishment.

basically I'd like to learn how to fight DH solo or with a bard on my side.

Cu Sidhes, Reptalons and Miasma are pretty good tests of ones metal.  Paragon Cu Sidhes (Discorded) is a benchmark for sure. If you can take down one of them then your ready for Peerless.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2008, 09:27:21 AM »
Ok hm ive been getting killed few times this week by paroxy, am i doing something wrong, or does paroxy just one hit kill u like i think he does hehe.

There are times when you have to joust him or pull away and heal up. You can't stand toe to toe with him the entire time because he has that lethal 60+ Poison attack that is totally random. You need to be able to absorb that at all times so anytime I'm not at 80% or above I move back and heal up. Then go back in and engage him.

Well i pretty much stand toe to toe with him the entire time, and managed to get out alive quite a lot. Even when im at full health he seems to kill me one hit, i guess it happens on lousy luck on my side, where he hits me and performs his special attack at same time. Im dead so quickly that i didnt even see the damage he put on me. I always got my counterstrike or evasion up, guess theres nothing else i can do except pull my hp up by 10 :( not that it would help much. I already use GS pots, C2's pvp bot script which is awesome for peerless imo, all i have to do is keep my special moves up like EoO, counterstrike, CW etc, and fix the occassional missed pot chug. I set chug GH at 80 and TR at 80, might try it by puttin it a little higher... Also i noticed that i only die close to the end of paroxy when he's redlined, seems like he gets mad or something and just starts swinging at u more lol.
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline pwnage pimp

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • pwnage pimp has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »
im not sure if this has been posted yet but unless you don't use jewels for your sampire it is going to be nerfed next publish

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2008, 05:19:09 PM »
im not sure if this has been posted yet but unless you don't use jewels for your sampire it is going to be nerfed next publish

Ya, if you read through this VAST thread, it's been mentioned.  However, it looks like people tend to like playing the Wammy better, and that's something much easier to maintain.  *waits for the Wammy nerf rocket to launch*
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »

Ya, if you read through this VAST thread, it's been mentioned.  .....

Could we dunce cap people or ban them for these obvious overlookings of things said 1 page ago or so?

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
Ok.. I've been practicing a lot with my Wammy. I love the fact that I almost never run out of Mana, not sure if it helps but I also cast a Spirit Wisp (Shadow Wisp).  I have a pretty decent suit of armor and I use a elemental slayer blackthorns Kryss when I fight Blood Elementals, Fairly easy with curse weapon.  when a paragon spawns, Honor, Concentrate weapon, Curse weapon, and Divine Furry are all casted.  Oh yeah Enemy of one is usually already in effect.  now while Fighting the paragon I find my stamina drains pretty fast so I keep a good amount of Total Refresh pots on me.  I don't worry to much when I get poisoned since life leech keep me fully healed.  I keep a Dart trap on me just in case I get paralyzed.  if I start missing and my HP starts to get low, I Cast Confidence for a quick heal regen, then I use Spirit Speak for an additional heal.  I can take on para bloods pretty good now.. once in a while one will catch me off guard.

now I wounder whats the next step to fighting some of the bigger monsters?
I tried my luck on a balron, that didn't go very well. he hits very hard and I wasn't able to withstand enough of his punishment.

basically I'd like to learn how to fight DH solo or with a bard on my side.

Cu Sidhes, Reptalons and Miasma are pretty good tests of ones metal.  Paragon Cu Sidhes (Discorded) is a benchmark for sure. If you can take down one of them then your ready for Peerless.

Sadly I was killing paragon cu's undiscorded on my sampire before i ever thought about doing peerless.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »

Could we dunce cap people or ban them for these obvious overlookings of things said 1 page ago or so?

LOL - Oh Nicar...

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2008, 09:44:01 PM »

LOL - Oh Nicar...

ROFL, thanks guys for saying that; I can't since I have to be diplomatic...

You'll notice we have an awards category now; OMGBurgers has the only award.  Perhaps I need a dunce award!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:51:21 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2008, 12:46:26 AM »

lol...
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
I have a perfect pic for it (my girlfriend's cat....)

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
dunce_cat.JPG
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KhameleonTopic starter

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »
Dont get Capped now!

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
I have a perfect pic for it (my girlfriend's cat....)

definately not an award i would want.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

definately not an award i would want.

Poor Gibbles, he's a good cat.  Horney, but good.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2008, 05:05:17 AM »
Ok guys I made my first run At Dh last night. Did really well getting keys. No deaths and got keys for 3 runs. But I got my clock Cleaned Against DH. Not sure What i was Doing wrong. Maybe i was Trying to go Toe to Toe with him to much. Any Suggestions ???

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:45 AM »
You have to go toe-to-toe with him to stay alive. You run away, you chance dying to a ranged attack.

Build, setup, stats, equipment, weapon?

Drinking pots?

Strategy?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: