Author Topic: Got a Gargoyle Crafter? Can't get into the Abyss? Here's the combat free way !  (Read 5796 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
This method is as designed per the SA expansion, but I have not seen any documentation about any bit of what I'm about to share with you.  So first, this works ONLY for gargoyles, the place you need to get to is only reachable by flying.

We start off by going to a building directly south of the Tomb of Kings entrance along the path. Inside to the right is a pair of books on the floor.  The information in the "Book Of Circles" is what the 'quiz' will be on.

After you've familiarized yourself with the content, return to the ToK entrance but go off a little to the east along the mountains.  Along the edge where the rocks meet the grass, is a pair of blue sparkles.  These are the markers for gargoyles letting them know that you can fly through this area.

Once through the sparkles, find your way between the snow tops into the opening where another building is. The flying path bends slightly to the NW upon first flying the path.  Once inside the building, speak the mantra 'Unorus' while standing near the sparkling floor object between the 3 book holding pedestals.

After saying the mantra, you are presented with a quest gump, press continue twice to begin the quiz on what you read.  The quiz is similar to that which you took when getting the humiliation quest. You'll be presented with a question with 4 possible answers, and 4 questions total.  After successfully answering all questions, you will be able to enter the Abyss from either entrance, through the Kings Tomb, or the underworld.

This is only useful if you find your gargoyle is incapable of killing the monsters that the underworld entrance requires (which was my problem with my crafter as a gargoyle). 

Additional info:

• The book to the south of the 'Book Of Circles' contains the mantra word
  • Throughout Ter Mur, The Underworld and the Abyss, wherever you see the sparkles, your gargoyle may fly a path between them.
  • Humans cannot see the sparkles

Enjoy :)
SS

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Thanks SS!!! Good That!, and something I have never even had a clue about!
Thanks for the great walk-through! and the Great Pics!  +1 karma from me!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:51:55 PM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Thanks pal :) , it had frustrated me that my gargoyle couldn't fight his way into the Abyss, then through exploration, I had found a way.  I'll post more about a lot of the cool things I've found with the SA expansion as I piece them together.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Thanks -- I knew there had to be a way and I am glad that you found it.  I asked friends who had played the Beta this very thing, and their answer was/is "Why does your crafter need to get into the Abyss?  It is dangerous in there!" 
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Well, one reason may be for fun...haven't yet found a decent reason, but by flying around Ter Mur, I did find an awesome nook in the far north secluded for good fishing and mining. The Abyss has a few fly-able shortcuts as does the underworld. I'll post some info on the Ter Mur flying locations along with some worthwhile quests in the near future.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
Nice work SS .. i had been to all those spots even perused the book right after sa came out .. but did it on the human so didnt recognize any significance at all..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
You can do this as a human too, using the Teleport spell. You don't even have to have magery, the spell can be cast from a scroll after a few tries. I didn't fight my way in on a single character (I am lazy).

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
Just mark a rune and recall in :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile

Tags: