Author Topic: Virtue of Sacrifice - Gain Sacrifice with Tamer Easily  (Read 10101 times)

Offline seeriuslyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Virtue of Sacrifice - Gain Sacrifice with Tamer Easily
« on: March 13, 2011, 09:26:10 AM »
This is the technique I use to gain in the Virtue of Sacrifice with my Tamer.  Why would you NOT want free self resurrections?

Benefits:
  • Knight of Sacrifice lets you self resurrect multiple times a week, for those emergencies or just simply conveinience.
  • You are a god on a ship in the middle of the sea, when Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer just ganked everyone on board, and nobody's left alive to resurrect! haha
  • Sacrifice is very usefull when you are doing peerless perhaps or somewhere where you cannot resurrect.
  • Also if you can't get your corpse, because it brings all your belongings back to you wherever it is you resurrect.
  • Your Greater Dragon will be fully trained in no time. Haven't used other pets, but i'm sure cu's or any higher end tamable would train up just as well. They need to be able to stand their own ground if you don't want to stay attended. Greater dragons seem to do fine with 2 demons, they don't get damaged enough to ever worry about.
  • The Virtue Dungeon Item drop is just another bonus.  Each night (6-10 hours) yields a couple pieces of virtue armor.
  • You can use unattended for hours at a time.
  • You can do this attended and gain Honor virtue at the same time if you're feeling froggy.  Which is also very usefull for a tamer.  Succubi is best for gaining Sacrifice/Honor because of their 24000 Fame/Karma Cap.  Because you can get to "Knight of Sacrifice quicker by being able to build up more every 24 hours.

You can gain in sacrifice easily, you just need to build your fame up over and over and sacrifice once a day.

Find a spot where 2 demons spawn, or some kind of mob that has around -15000 fame.  You can do less but this will let you build for several hours.

First I claim my pet and say:

"all follow me
 all guard me"

This seems to only work when you say this before you go to your fame building location.  You recall in and let the monsters target you, then invis when your pet automatically attacks them.

In the meantime do not command your pet, just let them do their guarding.  If you give them other commands, eventually you won't gain fame when it kills it automatically.  I haven't figured out completely why it happens, or how i could correct it when i'm in there, so I just say it before I recall in cause it works! 

You need to be hidden, not magically, you need to use the Hiding Skill, which is why you would have to be human to do this... Or a hiding tamer?  I use JOAT advantage to eventually hide, usually takes several attempts. Just keep using invis until you can manage to hide.

Once you are hidden, your pet will keep attacking the mobs when they spawn.  You will continue to gain fame until you have reached the mobs fame level.  I use Tram Dungeons, and never get revealed.   

For example:
If you are using 2 demons, they have -15000 fame.  You will gain up to 15000 Fame and Karma.
Succubi are worth 24000 Fame/Karma.  But don't suggest doing succubi unattended.

You can sacrifice your Fame every 24 hours.
I'm totally guessing, but probably not too far off...  probably takes 4 or more hours to gain 15k points from 2 demons. 
Monitor every now and then by choosing "loyalty rating" from left clicking your toon once for menu gump.
Once you have reached 15000 points of Fame, or 24000 Fame from succubi you are ready to sacrifice.
Stable your pet and have a rune near your closest safest succubi.
Click your virtue gump on the top of your paperdoll, Click the Sacrifice Icon (tear drop shape, left),
OR make a macro in UO options to "invoke virtue / Sacrifice"
Sacrifice your points by targeting a succubi. 
You cannot use sacrifice when you are hidden, and the succubi cannot be damaged or blessed/strengthened, so run up invis next to them, then reveal yourself and click the sacrifice icon or hit macro and target succubi.  It will give you a message about sacrificing and there ya go!  Get back to farming Sacrifice when you aren't using your tamer account.

Thanks for reading, I have found this very useful, and thought that maybe someone else would find it useful too.

More about Sacrifice: uoguide here : http://www.uoguide.com/Sacrifice

Happy Sacrificing!

-Seeriusly

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Virtue of Sacrifice - Gain Sacrifice with Tamer Easily
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
nice write up - thanks!

+1

Tags: Virtue  Sacrifice