Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2228 times)

Offline AmokMunRaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • AmokMunRa has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My Introduction
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:22:14 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I just recently returned to UO after a loooong hiatus. I started UO about 13 years ago and played on and off on different servers with friends. I have played all of the big MMO's out there and while they are all fun and good, I am surprised that UO still keeps pulling me back. I am also surprised by all the new content. I am having a blast here so far. I just recently heard about this website and heard that it had some good scripts on it. I came here looking for a good stealth script so hopefully you all can help guide me in the right direction I am sure there are plenty to choose from. Its nice meeting you all and hope you have fun in game!

PS: Reputation Power 1? How can I get that over 9000!

Meatier parts: I started UO back in 1999 on Pacific server. Joined a few friends there but after a few months we decided to join a larger branch of our guild on Great Lakes. I have to tell you those earlier days of UO were the Golden Age of gaming for me. There was no Trammel or all these other lands to hang around in. Dont get me wrong I like candyland and all the new lands that have come out; it just seems that the game was way fun when it was nice and simple, and when you saw a red you knew how to fight instinctively. I am glad UO has survived the MMO boom, it means it still has a niche, albeit small, in this market. In either case I stopped playing after a few years and jumped to other MMO's like Asherons Call, DAOC, EQ, etc, etc....but these earlier games, whenever i come back to them always seem to draw me back in for awhile. Nowadays companies try to throw so many new graphics your way thinking thats what makes a game, but it seems like they dont realize so many people would give up great graphics, for a more involved game. So after my several year hiatus in UO I eventually came back and played with a friend on the new AOL Legends server. That was an amazing time as well. A new server, we were farming up gold really fast and we started dropping castles on ice island all over the place. I would say that we had most of the island owned. Once we farmed up enough gold we would set up a guild member with a castle or keep. Then as time passes on, I eventually moved on for another couple years and came back again this time on Balhae (I know I get around). Joined a friend there and had a great time. The game was alot different since this was about a year after the elf races came out. And again time goes on and I moved on....and now I am back AGAIN lol. A friend told me I should check out this site because their scripts help make skilling a character alot easier and thought I try it out.

Hope this passes the intro test. I wanna get scriptin' ! Do you all use the same program as Easyuo? Or is it a different download altogether? I am new here so I admit I havent read through all the posts yet. Also, how do you actually download a script? The one I want to try out doesnt seem to have a download link on it? Is that because I am restricted?

PPS 12timesover I see you are from Vermont! What part? I use to live there for about 17 years.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:15:22 PM by AmokMunRa »

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:35 AM »
PS: Reputation Power 1? How can I get that over 9000!
Well you can start by giving us a little bit more meat in your intro ;) You think this place is a blast now, wait until you get unrestricted and the real fun begins!!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »
Added a bit more to the intro. Hope it meets standards!

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »
Thanks for buffing up your intro a bit.  Welcome to the site, lots of great stuff here.  Be sure to abuse the search button and hope to see you active on the boards!  Im sure a mod will be around shortly to unrestrict you!
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
Thumbs up on the re-post. Welcome :)

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +156
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »
Nice comeback on the intro!

Welcome to the boards!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 07:48:52 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO and good read thank you for the intro !!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 02:02:58 PM »
Have a look around, but don't awaken the sleeping turtle.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 07:39:39 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all. Appreciate it :)

Tags: