• Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Howdy!
« on: August 01, 2009, 02:41:51 AM »
Was playing OSI  ::) shards for years and then gave up the Ultima jones for a time. I have now been hopping around freeshards looking for a good fit. Once upon a time I did some script testing for a rather unsavory :D group of people at a site called UOCoders. Just looking to get back into the community for the moment.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »
Hey bookwym .. welcome to the pheonix that has risen from the ashes of what was UoCoders...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 06:56:44 AM »
Hi bookwyrm!

what types of templates do you like to play? do you write your own scripts, or just beta test?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 07:24:48 AM »
wow bookwyrm.  Welcome to the site I remember ya well.  hoipe to see ya around more.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:09:02 AM »
Holy cow Bookwyrm!  Glad to see you have resurrected yourself from the internet ashes. 

Glad to hear from you again.  The FaF has missed your expert testing skillz.  I will let it know you are around; I'm sure it's ears will perk up.  heh

The question, "Where did Bookwyrm go?" ranks up there with questions about the Hindenberg disaster, bigfoot sightings, and if you can fart yourself to death if you are trapped in your own car.

I dunno what you are looking for in a freeshard.  If you love fishing like I know you do, you can't beat Alexandria.  However, the player base is still small for some reason.  They are behind the times with content (ML for example) and that greatly impacts them in my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:24:50 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 12:37:13 PM »

The FaF has missed your expert testing skillz.  I will let it know you are around; I'm sure it's ears will perk up.  heh
Hmm.. Unfortunately for me (but fortunate for the FaF) I no longer have a copy of it to (ab)use. I shall have to see what can be found :D

and if you can fart yourself to death if you are trapped in your own car.

Trust me! You do not want to try this at home!!! ::)

I dunno what you are looking for in a freeshard.  If you love fishing like I know you do, you can't beat Alexandria.  However, the player base is still small for some reason.  They are behind the times with content (ML for example) and that greatly impacts them in my opinion.

*sigh* The wife has set her heart on "Allure of the Unknown" it too is a ML Freeshard with no non-consensual PvP :-[
Not my first choice (or second) but it doesn't look like I get much of a vote here.... Oh well at least the SO is understanding about playing with pixels

Post Merge: August 01, 2009, 12:40:24 PM
Hi bookwyrm!

what types of templates do you like to play? do you write your own scripts, or just beta test?

Hmm... My claim to fame is that I could make the TM's FAF squirm in terror at 100 paces!

I have no coding skills and have never submitted anything for testing. This could change at some point (as if!). So I like to consider myself a professional beta tester.

As for templates... It would seem that my current freeshard has no skill cap so I will be making one char with everything on it (hold the herding).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:40:24 PM by Bookwyrm »
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »
As for templates... It would seem that my current freeshard has no skill cap so I will be making one char with everything on it (hold the herding).

But camping is a deffinate must have skill... :)

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 12:45:52 PM »
I just looked into that shard and that's an immediate fail for me (Allure of the Unknown) just because there's no skillcap.  It's just not UO without the feeling of having a particular character style!  No way!

Anyhow, you'll have to get your wife on and posting too.  Toptwo's wife has taken the boards by storm, but she's feeling a bit lonely because there's nobody to talk about knitting with.  Or was that adventuring?  I get those two mixed up.

Just think, Lexia has 8000 gold per chest!  eheh

In any event, glad to have you back and hope you get back into the UO mainstream.  Now if we can get Missy back and posting and Gatecrasher doing his best to break my scripts, we'll be in great shape.  Especially with all the new great people here.  (you know who you are!)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
Oh, we have a shoutbox here, but it requires 10 posts or more to access.  I've been ejecting some hardwood leechers from ever having access to it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »
Oh, we have a shoutbox here, but it requires 10 posts or more to access. 

Hmm.. I dunno... I'm kinda shy and quiet.. I may not ever reach 10 posts ::)

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »
Anyhow, you'll have to get your wife on and posting too.  Toptwo's wife has taken the boards by storm, but she's feeling a bit lonely because there's nobody to talk about knitting with.  Or was that adventuring?  I get those two mixed up.

>:( i do not knit. i have never knitted, nor will I ever.

BUT! If you want to have a long drawn out conversation about toilet cozzys, I'm your girl!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline flounda

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flounda has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 05:17:02 PM »

>:( i do not knit. i have never knitted, nor will I ever.

BUT! If you want to have a long drawn out conversation about toilet cozzys, I'm your girl!  ;)

LOL my wife does knit!   :D

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »
Welcome back book!! 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Tags: