Author Topic: Client Art Patcher  (Read 53300 times)

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: All New Patcher
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
and more...

i use them cause when i feel like playin a stealther i dont like to get revealed

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
trap10.BMP
trap11.BMP
trap9.BMP

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
You should use this one instead...

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
its_a_trap.jpg
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline KalakaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »
Akbar lol.. I could use him.

Those traps are nice OMGBurgers. I may use them.. Still like the bolas that I made though, looks a little cleaner I think. Stonewalls I have as well, same thing as you.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
Updated. New download link posted as well as a new virus scan.

OMGBurgers -- used some of the trap art, but edited it for length on a couple.. didn't like how it overlapped the next tile in some instances. Wall of stone shortened as well.

Omnius + everyone else - pink tiles changed to stumps to denote blocking terrain. It's not quite as *out there* on what is blocked and not, but keeps with the feel of the game better, and does the same job.

In addition, made a couple other minor fixes, such as containers, the corpse animation being the old default color, etc.

Still have plans to put in a new border, new dragon art, some of the bigger trees, and looking for any other ideas on things people would want in here. Hope to push out an update with these three things by mid-week.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »
Nice stuff.  You might want to remove the sails on boats too.  I don't know how prominent boat fighting has become but I've done it in the past and it's nice.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2011, 04:51:50 AM »
Did you get those tiny sticks that always trip you up when running?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
Did you get those tiny sticks that always trip you up when running?

No, and there's a reason. I'm not sure why, but if you pay attention to exactly what ones those are, you'll notice that half the time those exact ones will not stop you, it depends like what they're located next to.

I can just denote them all as blocking terrain, which may be better, but they don't all block.

Sails are something I can do, and I don't have High Seas or anything either, so if others want to chime in and say if this is something they'd like added or not, please do so.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 05:34:27 AM »
Kalaka,
  I am really impressed with your devotion to this project and willingness to share it.  Thank you for your efforts.  I will have to start using this soon.  Fielding has been torture since i removed static fields , patched and never reinstalled the ancient one i had.  ;D

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »
Kalaka,

I've dealt with those twigs on the ground in the past.  The best way to do it is to change the color of the sticks to just red twigs.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »
I've dealt with those twigs on the ground in the past.  The best way to do it is to change the color of the sticks to just red twigs.

Another good idea for sure, and something I can easily include. I actually had meant to do something with them and just had forgot, so glad Cerveza brought it up again.

Thanks C2. It's not where it can be yet, but I wanted to release something when I first started with it, then build on from there and see what ideas/things people would want.

One thing I want to make sure I'm correct on involves scripts that use, for example, bola, apple, or boat keys. It wouldn't matter if I changed the color and the size of the graphic -- any scripts that would use these items operate off of use item type commands or something similar, correct? Just wanting to be 100% sure that changing things such as this wouldn't jack up the scripts for those that use something that involves them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:18:16 AM by Kalaka »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
Not sure about apples... if the Enhanced curse removing apples are the same ID as the regular apples, then scripts may use the color to tell them apart. If you change it's color/size will that make scripts unable to find them?
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »
Not sure about apples... if the Enhanced curse removing apples are the same ID as the regular apples, then scripts may use the color to tell them apart. If you change it's color/size will that make scripts unable to find them?

Yeah I'm not on game to check, but that's basically what I'm wondering. I don't think there's any kind of color check, pretty sure they're a diff itemtype entirely.. but not certain.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
Patch tonight. I'm not entirely sure what's inside, but it looks like you should be good if you just reput in the old files, update UO, then reapply the patcher to be safe.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
No posts here in over a week. I've been a bit busy.

It's solid now.. but there's a few more things I'd like to add. I'll get around to it this weekend and post an update hopefully by Sunday afternoon before the game.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »
I'd still love to see the border reduced to a 1 pixel border ;)

Tags: