Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 3464 times)

Offline vedmakTopic starter

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • vedmak has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My introduction
« on: November 23, 2019, 09:59:13 AM »
Greetings! My name is Aleksey and I'm glad to be back in the IO after a ten-year break. The feeling of not mastering the content of new patches and nastalgia prompted me to return.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: My introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 11:38:37 AM »
Glad you are coming back!

To be part of the community, Our only  requirement  is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before any admin can unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more about your UO life

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 05:45:27 AM »
You can see some examples in the stickies here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=20.0

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »
It seems that than becoming part of your community, it will be easier for me to write the script I'm interested in from scratch.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 07:39:59 PM »
It seems that than becoming part of your community, it will be easier for me to write the script I'm interested in from scratch.

Wow, so it's easier to write entire working scripts then say "Hi, my name is Joe Blow and I have played UO since I was a teenager. I prefer to PvM as a tamer or sampire but will defend myself when I need to. UO is too clicky so I am excited that there are scripts to help me with that. I am looking forward to being part of the SUO community."

I guess it is easier for us to leave you restricted without accessing our scripts then letting you leach them with nothing to offer. I guess this will go under the How Not to Introduce Yourself sticky. If I were admin with access, I would note your IP and watch for you when you make another account and try to do this over because we have better and more current scripts than other places.

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 05:08:06 AM »
I write my introdiction:
Greetings! My name is Aleksey and I'm glad to be back in the IO after a ten-year break. The feeling of not mastering the content of new patches and nastalgia prompted me to return.

It seems to me that you think too highly of yourself once you make people be like you, or be someone else and not yourself.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:00:28 AM »
I write my introdiction:

It seems to me that you think too highly of yourself once you make people be like you, or be someone else and not yourself.

Had you read any of those stickies, you would have noticed that we do it to make people to put at least a little effort into getting access to our scripts. Most people make their introduction, take a bunch of scripts and we never hear from them unless something doesn't work. We encourage people to be part of the community but most here have less than 5 posts. They come, take what they want, and disappear. You make too many assumptions and want to do the minimum. If I was a moderator, I would never remove your restricted access because you have a bad attitude but I am not so I won't have a say in it.

Like in life, your introduction is what we see about you and you come off as a person that is upset because we asked you to post a few sentences about yourself to be able to access our scripts. It shows you to be lazy and that you think you should automatically be able to access everything just because. You say that I think to highly of myself yet I had to make the same intro and I too was asked to add more to it which I did. My original post had much more input than yours did and I did not respond with a piss poor attitude saying that it would be easier to write my own scripts rather than introduce myself. Here is my introduction: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9420.msg81128#msg81128

If it were my site, I would ban your IP since you have such a lousy attitude for someone who wants to come and use our stuff. If you need help from your neighbor, do you go over there and act like your neighbor owes you help and then insult him if he wants you to work a little for it? I am assuming so. I have helped many people and written some scripts and shared them as well. I have earned my status here and am proud of it.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 07:52:58 AM »

Lets see this masterpiece then.   
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
Had you read any of those stickies, you would have noticed that we do it to make people to put at least a little effort into getting access to our scripts. Most people make their introduction, take a bunch of scripts and we never hear from them unless something doesn't work. We encourage people to be part of the community but most here have less than 5 posts. They come, take what they want, and disappear. You make too many assumptions and want to do the minimum. If I was a moderator, I would never remove your restricted access because you have a bad attitude but I am not so I won't have a say in it.

Like in life, your introduction is what we see about you and you come off as a person that is upset because we asked you to post a few sentences about yourself to be able to access our scripts. It shows you to be lazy and that you think you should automatically be able to access everything just because. You say that I think to highly of myself yet I had to make the same intro and I too was asked to add more to it which I did. My original post had much more input than yours did and I did not respond with a piss poor attitude saying that it would be easier to write my own scripts rather than introduce myself. Here is my introduction: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9420.msg81128#msg81128

If it were my site, I would ban your IP since you have such a lousy attitude for someone who wants to come and use our stuff. If you need help from your neighbor, do you go over there and act like your neighbor owes you help and then insult him if he wants you to work a little for it? I am assuming so. I have helped many people and written some scripts and shared them as well. I have earned my status here and am proud of it.

You should take an example from these guys in selflessness http://www.easyuo.com
And your profile picture fully characterizes you.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »

You should take an example from these guys in selflessness http://www.easyuo.com
And your profile picture fully characterizes you.

So why are you here then? Go there where you don't have to do anything. Cya!

Oh wait, I remember. Most are so outdated they don't work and they don't have a lot of the gold farming ones that are here. Yeah...so...should have made that intro instead of insulting people.

Edit: After going to EUO and looking him up, here is his profile there: http://www.easyuo.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=298036
He has been a member since September and has ZERO posts. Yeah, kind of what I thought. He wants to be rewarded with ZERO effort.  :o

Most likely looking for the heartwood quester or IDOC scripts. Trailmyx posted what to do and I love the part where he states "check your stratics attitude at the door" http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1750.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:35:24 PM by Crisis »

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »
effort effort effort....
It seems that the only thing that bothers you in this life - is someone else's efforts that make you happy (my efforts are too bad for you).

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
effort effort effort....
It seems that the only thing that bothers you in this life - is someone else's efforts that make you happy (my efforts are too bad for you).

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2019, 07:41:14 AM »
Vedmak,  You have failed to provide a simple introduction and instead have wasted yours and everyone else time.   Please either now post an amazing introduction that will shock and awe us all,  including an apology to the people who have tried to help you fulfill this simple task, or disappear.      Your choice.

To be honest I doubt you could write something that will reverse all the garbage you have already posted, but hey surprise me....   Advice to future prospective members, if your looking to join while kissing up to existing members is not required, actively being insulting to them is ill advised and will gain you ZERO respect.

The one and only golden rule of these boards is admittance is via an introduction, no exceptions no excuses

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: