Author Topic: 100% Elemental Weapons  (Read 5273 times)

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
100% Elemental Weapons
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:56:10 AM »
I hope this isn't a repost. Most of the topics I found on google were a few years old (except for one in 2017).

I've been trying to make a 100% elemental damage weapon. I saw the steps for this were:

1.) Create the weapon with the basic smith hammer. I made this with regular iron ingots.
2.) Use a shadow runic hammer to reforge with Power Reforging --> Grand Artifice --> Inspired Artifice --> Exquisite Quality

So I've now burned through 5 shadow runic hammers with every weapon I've crafted having 100% physical. I'm trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if the RNG is not on my side. So a few questions:

1.) Do I need blacksmith on my character? I saw somewhere on google that blacksmith wasn't required.
2.) Should I keep arms lore on, or does it matter?
3.) Is regular iron okay when crafting the weapon?

Also, I play on a freeshard, but it's supposed to be up to date with official servers. So I think the mechanics of making these weapons should be the same.

Anyways, thanks! :)

Offline Thargorff

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Thargorff has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 100% Elemental Weapons
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:56:21 AM »
hi there, just saw your post on elemental weps. You only need smith/lore to make weps out of regular iron, with exceptional bonus applied +40% dam increase. You will need imbue char to reforge them, that char does not need to have any craft skills but imbue. Also, if you get some that not 100% elem, you can enhance the item with dif types of ore, like copper gives +40% fire to the weapon, makes your +70% fire reforged double axe now a 100% fire and so on, just look at the metal bonuses. This only works for smithing weps. Fletching is entire different beast, process though somewhat similar, enhancement is really different. 

Offline jtw1984Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 12:28:38 PM »
hi there, just saw your post on elemental weps. You only need smith/lore to make weps out of regular iron, with exceptional bonus applied +40% dam increase. You will need imbue char to reforge them, that char does not need to have any craft skills but imbue. Also, if you get some that not 100% elem, you can enhance the item with dif types of ore, like copper gives +40% fire to the weapon, makes your +70% fire reforged double axe now a 100% fire and so on, just look at the metal bonuses. This only works for smithing weps. Fletching is entire different beast, process though somewhat similar, enhancement is really different.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I must have really bad luck then. :)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »
Freeshard and OSI do not have the same RNG when it come to reforging.   It was easy to use craft with DC that forgorging,  that was sad

Tags: