Author Topic: Hello UO Friends!  (Read 1665 times)

Offline PunisherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Punisher has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello UO Friends!
« on: January 16, 2020, 02:01:48 PM »
Hello everyone.

The first time I played UO was in 98. It was my first or second online multiplayer game I had ever played. And I was hooked instantly. I remember my first day in game running around East Brit bank decked out in all yellow, thinking 'how cool, you can change the color of your clothes'?.  As I stood there at the bank admiring all the players unique styles, a player comes up to me and asks If I want some free supplies... Why yes, yes I would thank you.... 

He then takes me just south into the woods, not far from the bank to his house (a classic 7x7) for the freebies. Again in awe that you can have houses.  He tells me they are inside and to just go in...

As soon as I step into the house arrows start flying in all directions, from what seemed at least 8 other players.

My first UO experience was a ganking! LOL But hey to this day I still think it was cool how they organized themselves in that small house like that.  Reminded me of how clowns pack themselves into those small cars.

Anyhow, I've been an off and on player since 98. I've learned a lot of lessons from this game like how to negotiate trades, deals and even organize my own house all in real life  :laugh: I am just recently coming back to the game from a 6 year break and it is still exciting and fun as ever. No game has even come close to being as good as UO in my opinion.

I would love to try these wonderful scripts the members here have made, to make our UO experiences just a little better.

Thanks

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello UO Friends!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »
lol

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:13:13 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
great intro... welcome to scriptuo.         One of my memories from early up days was the great effort that was needed just to get past the entrance to brit safely.  The swarms of reds just waiting to take down anyone entering or leaving...    ... How fast can you run...   I almost always made it purely because i was on a T1 line  ....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline PunisherTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Punisher has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 04:02:05 AM »
Thank you for the welcome guys.

Yes I remember those days of having to leave Brit to get to the moongate and reds everywhere!  >:(  :laugh:

Awesome on the T1 line. Back then all I had was a 28.8k then finally upgraded to 56k modem and thought it was blazing fast lol

I couldn't imagine going back to that speed now.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 06:43:01 AM »
I started playing UO when I was living in Germany and I remember getting DSL and thinking how fast it was until I ran into a friend who lived in the US that was using cable internet.

Offline Romilys

• Activity:
    0%
  • Romilys has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 01:17:57 PM »
Oh those times I was a regular PK-magnet - once our guild wanted to lay an ambush for a pk guild an waited for quite a long time for them to show up. I got bored and tried to find a few animals to tame and when I came back -my guild has left but those PKs I was able to find. But in Felluca there was at least on our sever a strict rule that you dont attack the neighbors. Is this with you also?  Is there a section where everybody wrote on which server everybody is playing currently and th experiences they made there?

Tags: