Scripting Resources & Utilities > Stealth archive

Stealth - Alternate UO Client FAQ

<< < (2/7) > >>

TrailMyx:
What kind of things have you done so far with it Boydon?

dxrom:

--- Quote from: Boydon on January 28, 2012, 03:41:32 PM ---I've been using Stealth for the last three weeks and I have to say that I am REALLY impressed by its capabilities.

What amaze me the most is the Python support. You can make very complex script with really little effort. :)

--- End quote ---

This is good to hear. I am learning python as we speak, I may very well use stealth as the platform in which to learn from.

Boydon:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on January 28, 2012, 04:04:57 PM ---What kind of things have you done so far with it Boydon?

--- End quote ---

Right now I'm working with resource gathering (mining and lumberjacking). What is pretty nice is that the built-in move command (newMoveXY) is able to calculate the path avoiding statics and and it can also open doors coming on the way with no effort and overhead!

TrailMyx:
Ah, that's sounds kinda cool - especially the part about opening doors that might be in your way.  So that means that you could probably "pathfind" your way to a very distant (x,y,z) point with little script intervention?

Boydon:

--- Quote from: TrailMyx on January 29, 2012, 04:38:04 PM ---Ah, that's sounds kinda cool - especially the part about opening doors that might be in your way.  So that means that you could probably "pathfind" your way to a very distant (x,y,z) point with little script intervention?

--- End quote ---

Stealth will pathfind and open doors for you. ;)

One more nice thing is that stealth will act as a "proxy". You can have many chatacters connected and access them using just one client. What I still have to investigate is if there is a way to make various instances communicate each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version