0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vander Nars has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
HI
« on: June 23, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
My name is Vander, its the name I picked for my very first char that I made back around 2002 when I first started playing on atlantic. I remember enjoying the game in a much different fashion then I do currently today back when I first started I had no idea or concept of pvp so I sit around haven bank all day talking to people and sometimes going out to kill stuff like orge lords or blood elementals I even had a friend that I played with almost every day named Shadow Wolf. Over the years I started to pvp when I meant a new friend named Sir Tic Tac he told me about pvp and even should me how to poison a cleaver so we both set out in search of reds to kill and I died alot but the trill of chasing another player down changed me forever I no longer cared about killing monsters or sitting around the bank talking all I ever whated to do was pvp and me and tic tac have stuck together over the years and even met irl several times now. I remember when we joined our first pvp guild Blitz -Z- it was a small pvp guild lead by Fade who showed me how to use potions in pvp and how to play a mage. I was in this guild until it feel apart and the gm quit so I joined a rival guild that was much larger but still not the biggest on the server and that was LNR. The reason I joined LNR at first was because I had a deep hatred for HOT guild because they where the biggest on the server at the time and would raid almost every single spawn we did and come with double the numbers to kill us so it was gonna final be my turn to fight back and that is what happen I worked my way up the ranks of LNR over the years to become one of there main recruiters but as the game got older the recruits became less until one day there pretty much was noone left to recruit. LNR had taken ahold of the shard in the way that HOT once had it and now it was LNR that was hated so people didnt want to join and just like any guild you will have members with conflicting personality and that lead to people leaving to join other guilds until we ended up a inactive guild with maybe 2 or 3 people logging on if u where lucky. So I stop playing playing for a while until I heard LNR was making another attempt at pvp again and I turned on my accounts and we had a few people back around 10 members are so and it was fun to play again but it was short lived and the guild went inactive again and this has happened around 5 times since we went inactive the first time. This has been my exp over the years with utlima online iv always been chasing that feeling I first got when I learned to pvp and when I joined my first pvp guild or when I had the chance to fight HOT on a level field but chances are ill never enjoy the game again the way I did back in the day.

I know that is a mess of a post but I honestly have very lil training in sentence structure because my school failed to really push that issue and like most kids I didnt think it was important at the time until years later when I have to do a intro it all comes out weird when I try to explain who I am. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: HI
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
You did a great job introducing yourself.  Thanks for taking the time.  I never got into the guild thing in UO.  Seems like I missed out on alot.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »
Welcome to the site Vander. Be sure to ask if you have any questions, we are always willing to help.

I never got into the guild thing in UO.  Seems like I missed out on alot.

Depends on the guild TM. I have been in a couple I could not get out of fast enough. Some people let being in charge of a guild go straight to their head. Had one guild tell me once I needed to demolish my 18x18 in Tram so I could move into a "guild area" in Fel. In a tiny house >:(. Needless to say that did not last long...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:35:58 PM by Bookwyrm »
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:36 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
Welcome!  ;D

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »
Welcome!

Any ever get the feeling that Gimlet might be, hmm...  compensating? :P
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:18:54 AM »
No, just in case his reading glasses are failing, the font does get bigger.  lol

Getting old sucks.  My arms aren't quite long enough anymore to read without reading glasses.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »
Great intro vander...   welcome to the site!

Offline Harmony

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Harmony has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
That was fun to read!   Welcome Home!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 05:35:04 AM »
Hey Vander, welcome to the site and great intro! Brought me back to my early days fighting HOT and LNR on Atlantic. Good times!

I'm pretty sure you and I frequented the same guild at one point although I wasn't the most memorable pvp'r at the time. I played with PVP for a long time until it finally fell apart due to "poor management" ;)

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 06:58:44 AM »
Welcome to SCriptUO Vander. I also started out on Atlantic and remember both these guild and more but later moved onto sonoma for new pastures.

Tags: