Author Topic: Hello from Spain!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline slugmasterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • slugmaster has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello from Spain!
« on: June 24, 2023, 12:19:37 AM »
First of all, please excuse my limited english, which by the way I mostly learned by playing UO back in the day. I started playing UO when AoS came up, along with my wife, jeeez what a blast that was, we were originally from Europa shard, or maybe a little before Aos was launched because I remember how excited we were trying to find ourselves a big plot as soon as the server was up and Malas was the new thing.
Anyway, we finally got ourselves a 18x16 or something like that and were blessed with amazing neighbours, they were an old couple from Rotheram(England), our friendship grew to the point they visited us in Spain, and we then visited them in england. I remember they had a shop in Vesper, I still remember their chars, Mitsurogi and Elkie, she passed away a few years ago and we lost all contact with him after that sadly but they were part of our lives and will always remember that time.
I can't help but miss old UO and Europa shard in it's prime, anyone else remember Hemisphere shop, south-east of umbra? I got my first vendor there, and got hooked to trading, then we ended owning a shop in Luna and even got myself a good reputation as trader.
Then like most of us, I guess, got a big break, then had to move to atlantic where everyone plays and been playing on and off for 17yrs.
The last time I tried, it was to sell my atlantic yew moongate shop and account but I became addicted to UO again, lol, even made some friends and I enjoy for the first time in years, I realize the game is not gonna die so easy now, most of us are in our 40's, this game is still the best MMO out there, believe me, we've tried them all, lol.
Anyway, I have myself some programming experience, very limited I must say and I would love to learn how to do little useful scripts, nothing huge, and the best way would be to take a look at what other people has already done. I am interested in OrionUO, my friend convinced me to try it, and I am loving it, the macros, the agents, the options, it's just awesome, I won't touch enhanced client ever again now.
Hugs from Spain you old people, don't hesitate to PM me, I'll give you my icq or discord to chat or help!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +566
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 04:26:53 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +655
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Spain!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 09:38:31 AM »
WELCOME!

Tags: