Author Topic: Hail and well met all!  (Read 2454 times)

Offline chrisflash666Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chrisflash666 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and well met all!
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »
Hello!

I ran across this site as I was searching for some coding tools for a class, and was pleasantly surprised to see a script/code site that cared about participation! I have written many mouse driver/macro/scripts and some pretty simple bots for other games using various scripting and coding languages.

I have been playing UO since the public release I believe it was in 97. I have had endless conversations on icq, and countless hours of fun playing the game. I currently run on the Atlantic shard - because most others are dead quiet. I have many characters and I enjoy both the crafting and the PVM aspects of the game. I tried PVP for 5 minutes and decided losing items to people running in packs was a good way to ruin the game for me. So I stay mostly in Trammel and enjoy the roleplaying and crafting there. Once in a great while I'll take a char over to Fel and play with the reds, but I usually end up spending 90% of the time looking for a wandering healer.

I hope to become a contributing member of the community here and I expect to learn alot about the program from the community. Oh and one more thing - Thank you to the people who put in the time to write scripts and tools - I know most times it is a thankless job, and to all the people who run and maintain the site - another thankless job. Thank you for all your work and see you in the threads!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hail and well met all!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 05:50:18 PM »
Great introduction!  Welcome to the site.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »
Thank you! I am sad I have to wait until after my class to actually look at some content! =)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
Welcome to the community! Everyone here is pretty helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:57:58 PM »
Welcome to the site, thanks for the nice intro!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
Welcome to the site! Your intro was a nice read! thank you!

What are you studying? where are you from?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 03:34:48 PM »
From Ohio currently studying CIS(HCT) - which is basicly healthcare information systems technology a specialized major in computer information systems. Boring as all hell =) but hopefully it is money!!!
My true passion lies in Archaeology - but there is little or no money in that field (unless you start shooting gold doubloons or lost manuscripts from your ass). Here is my college experience 3 1/2 years of Archaeology, 2 1/2 of graphic design and fine arts, 2 years of History/Anthropology/Political Science and now finally this CIS stuff. I should have 4 degrees by now, but I don't. I started coding (if you can call it that) when I was 11 on my commodore 64 - mainly hanging out with high school nerds who were huge into the BBS's at the time. I moved on to the apple II, then  got my first PC which was super exciting and I began writing usless programs that did math homework and drew really pretty fractals and vector art (lol). So I have always been into coding, and RPG's - I'm an avid D&D player been plaing since the red box came out. Started playing ultima in high school and moved on to play just about every other fantasy mmo on the market (except Final Fantasy eleventy-million or whatever number they are on) I refuse to play FF because of all the douchebags in other MMO's named "Cloud" or "Sepiroth" also Kaiser Souze or however it is spelled (I hate that name). Anyhow thats a little niblet about me!
-Seacrest out!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
Welcome to the boards and thanks for the great double post intro.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: