Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2214 times)

Offline MarlboromanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Marlboroman has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Hello All
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »
A few years ago a friend of mine suggested that I take a look at this site. Well neeless to say I have been slow to do so.  I have played UO off and on for about 9 years give or take with breaks in between for WOW and I always keep comming back to UO.  I've discoverd that the lvl grinds aren't that much fun. I enjoy a vast things about UO. I run typically on 2 shards Pacific and Great Lakes. I have a basic understanding of scripting and the language used for it. I have written several scripts on other sites as well as some that can not be posted on some boards because they are considered "Gold Farming". I tend to stick to myself and a few of my friends most of my scripts are written for and used by them.  However I am willing to help just about anyone out.  

I used to be into PVP alot in my early days however much of UO has changed since then. It is no longer a players skill which seperate them on the battle field it is how high they can crank up the speeder and how many 3rd party programs they run. I will not bore everyone with naming all of them because I think everyone knows them. However one day I hope to be able to hold my own again. Until then I will live vicarioulsy through everyone else by writing scripts. I know it doesn't sound like much but I enjoy it. I think it's mainly the challenge of it all that intrigues me the most.  I pride myself on writing stable scripts that are usually 100% unattended.  My favorite thing about scripting since I'm new to it really only been writing scripts for a couple years is that there are several ways to do the same thing just that some are faster then others. Theres no right or wrong way to do it all though I admit I still have to seperate all my subs so that I can keep them straight in my head. What can I say I'm still learning.  ;D

My Name is Don I've got 3 kids and a wife that annoys the *bleep* out of me most of the time but there are ocasions where she is all right.   I spend my leisure time playing uo and writing scripts.  I spent 6 years in the army did 3 different tours in Iraq.  Been there it sucked alot hate the sand and desert.  Now I am a Corrections Officer and spend my time as far away from sand as I can get.  That's pretty much it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:06:45 AM by Marlboroman »

Offline angel of darkness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • angel of darkness has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:39:07 AM »
Hi and welcome to the site hope you they accept you to join in on the fun
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:42:25 AM by angel of darkness »

Offline Xman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Xman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:01:52 PM »
Hello and welcome - Don't feel bad I can't pvp worth a darn but i have come to enjoy the swift death

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
Welcome to the site, nice intro.  Be sure to abuse the search button.  You will find the community here is awesome.  Feel free to post up any scripts.  You wont get much attitude here about the type of scripts you write like some "other" site. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
You will find that those types of scripts are allowed here and everyone takes the same pride in stability.  It would be fun to see you drop some code on us but understand if there are certain ones that are kept private.  We all have some of those.  Anyways, welcome to the site.

Tags: