0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • utgo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi All
« on: May 08, 2010, 01:05:44 AM »
You guys kinda put new members on the spot huh?
*Cracks knuckels*
  Well I started playing uo when i was 12. I used to hang out at this internet store in a town called Oceanside. You came in and gave 5$ for the first hour and i think like 2$ for every hour after. 20$ would get you the whole day. They had computers wall to wall. I just played Half-Life and Team Fortress at first but alot of the guys that worked there were playing UO when it came out and i just ended up getting into it. They all named me Newbie and that was my name for years there. Eventually I later became know as "the artist formally known as NEWB" lmao.
  I was born onto the Sonoma shard about a year into the game. My first char being a fencer. I used to just run around in circles killing liches. Needless to say I left game due to family issues and my mother couldn't afford the internet anymore so i had to quit. that was around renissance's release. Quite sometime later I got a bug up my but and looked up UO again. I returned bout 2 days after the ML release. OMG, there were like 3 new facets, champ spawns peerless runics ect... i was lost  as heck. Someone got me into this site called easy uo and i have pretty much abused the crap out of it for gaining skill and collecting recources. I dont make anything off it so i guess its not really major abuse. I've seen some abuse of scripting and i dont think i quite fall into that category. I guess what I am getting at though is that easyuo is dying out, not to menchun the fact that they wont allow certain kinds of scripts like for example, one that turns in boards for you in vesper. its not that i want to spend hours while im sleeping turning in stuff, i just hate click click click click click click.... CLICK! uhg! I honestly don't beleive in unattended macroing, mainly since i am just scared of getting caught, but also because its not right. i know a lot of people do it but honestly i like turning on my auto LJ and reading a book next to the comp. keep an eye on it. but for some people its right and i honestly have no room to condem anyone for doing it, heck i try to find bugs all the time. working on one right now that if it turns out ill be richer than anyone lol! found a weird thing bought the weight of a stacked object and putting into the bank when its full. but doesnt always work, trying to finger it out so i can exploit like crazy. lol
  Well i have took two major breaks in uo since it came out. I just recently came back after a 2 1/2 yr break. unfortunatly i decided that i was leaving sonoma and moved to Atlantic. just that sonoma has no one left that i know and its dying, once i payed 55m for a keep north of compassion. this was maybe 3 years ago. when i came back i placed one in less than an hour just from walking around, couldn't even sell it for 10m, i got 6 after advertising and everything good spot too. no one lives on the shard it seems like. when you can lose connection at luna bank at 4 in the afternoon. its vacant. so i moved. Now i am excited to play again, i had to place a small house on atl cause a 18x18 is 25m+. things always happening, yew gate has a red 24/7. life is good on atl.
  as far as scripting experience goes, i know how to edit options that have captions next to them that say if true set true or false ect.. but know nothing of how the mechanics work out. i have changed a few things like what spell it uses to kill the bull i just tamed but nothing major. i am interested in learning but i work 50+ hours a week usually and i just dont have the time. atm though i think that i am layed off which is major suck. but ill crawl out. anyways i dont know what all i was really suppossed to tell you but i hope that i have covered enough and look forward to any welcome from the community. i am pretty social person so dont be shy 

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 04:13:03 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thank you for the well thought out post. Your restricted status is lifted so please feel free to have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »
dang now that was an intro... welcome to the site.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 08:22:41 AM »
Nice intro post Utgo!  Welcome to the site!  I think you will find several people here who play on your old home shard of Sonoma, lol maybe you moved too quickly :)

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
Been meaning to thank you for the great introduction!  It's great to see when people take a moment to share.  In you case that's more like an hour!

Welcome
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
Welcome Utgo, thx for the great intro.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Welcome to the site! The search feature is your best friend! Sonoma is picking back up with pvp. But I know Atl will be too!

Offline utgoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • utgo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome. I appreciate it. I was sad to move from sonoma but i have a feeling that if the game ever picks up again and get s a population jump i may return there. for now though i need to be able to get what i need. from vendors and also the social life is much better on ATL. although sonoma is full of vets and great players it is also filled with some jerks lol. and now that the population is down so inflation has occured. the price diff is amazing between the shard for stuff. not to menchun the availability of uber replicas and ect... i hope to see you all on the boards. and once again thanks for the welcome

utgo

Tags: