Author Topic: New member clay  (Read 1748 times)

Offline cavalryTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cavalry has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New member clay
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

Came across this website for the first time in my UO career today.  Been using euo for who knows how many years writing some of my own scripts (in small simple doses) and learning a lot from how others wrote their scripts.  Been playing UO off and on for quite a long time.  I don't know the exact dates but I started when precast explosion, equip the halberd and attack was the normal thing to do.  Since then I have started and stopped playing plenty of times.  I play on Chesapeake and Lake Austin and have transferred my characters between those shards.  Usually play mage based characters with either a fighting skill or scribe / poisoning.  I have a few types of dexxers but they have never been my favorite.  PvP is my favorite area of the game usually but when that's not happening I enjoy writing small scripts that make things just slightly easier for me in the UO world.

Recently I have been writing longer scripts then I have in the past that well slowly after I find all the bugs in them run kinda smooth however I am looking to improve my knowledge of how to write these scripts hopefully one day I may write a script that other people would have a interest in using.

Glad I could find this website and I look forward to my future here.
-Clay

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: New member clay
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
Clay,

Welcome to the site. THere is lots of good stuff here that will help you build on your skills. I have found lots of help here from the people and the Tutorials http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?board=17.0 I play on Legends, but I mainly pvp as well there is nothing like playing a mage IMO I play a archer some, but still always go back to my trusty mage.

Have a look around I am sure you will find something good to read.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
Thanks for your intro! Restricted status is lifted so have a look around and enjoy!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 07:39:03 AM »
Welcome to SUO, thanks for the thoughtful introduction.  Take a look at the Script Debugging and Submit Your Script sections.  These are a good place to look at other new-in development scripts folks are working on, get ideas, and get people to help you test your work. 

Have a great day!

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:41:15 AM »
welcome to the site and feel free to put something in the script debug section for support.  we have a lot of players that contribute to the site by helping debug and test.

Tags: