Author Topic: Evening the Playing Field ! ! ! !  (Read 2859 times)

Offline tinytimTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tinytim has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Evening the Playing Field ! ! ! !
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
Hello from GL my home for 10yrs (well ten years off and on).  I have played this game and left, comeback then leave again, only b/c of the way pvp was.....i refused to script yet here i am......... lets just say im fed up and just want to even the playing field.  No matter how hard i seem to work at becoming a good pvpr i just couldnt hit that bandage macro fast enough or disarm re-arm quick enough and pots in between........sheesh........ you can only go so far w/UOA........which is about 8 tiles.  Thank you all......i look forward to being a part of SuO

:D
MadaraUchiha

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Evening the Playing Field ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:33:02 AM »
Welcome to SUO, restricted status lifted - enjoy!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:36:45 AM »
Also, I think the general concensus around here is that we don't script pvp.  We have some very good pvpers here that would never script and pvp.  The basic bandage/trapped box script is as far as it should ever go.  You can be better than any script if you do it by hand.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:30:04 AM by Scripty »

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:29 AM »
Also, I think the general concensus around here is that we don't script pvp.  We have some very good pvpers here that would never script and pvp.  The basic bandage/trapped box script is as far as it should ever good.  You can be better than any script if you do it by hand.
There are however, Hotkeys that you can set up with EUO that you can't do in the client. For example set a potion as last object, lift shield hold it on cursor, drink potion, and drop shield back on paperdoll is a good example and can be easily written. Enjoy the site and remember to abuse the search button.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:48:35 AM »
Welcome to the site... I know what you mean about folks that have cured within a millisecond of you dropping poison on them... no way a hot key hits it that fast every time perfectly or the box popping instantly.  We really don't have much if any pvp scripts posted here.  I am sure that you could find some debugging support if you try to write some code or a basic box popper.

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »
The fast curing/healing thing is really not as good as you'd think.  Doing it by hand is FAR superior.  I'll give you a couple of examples of why.  What if I dismount you?  Then I get on my horse and you're on foot still.  Then I hit you with bleed and spam you with poison?  Then hit you with the new bleed that stacks on top of the old bleed?  There is no script in the world that is going to perfectly time the heals and cures in that situation.  Only a person will know what to do in every situation.  You really should learn to pvp by hand at first.  Then you can use little snippets and scripts to help do things you KNOW you need help with. :) 

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:42:38 AM »
Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about evening the playing field I used to think that most people that were good at pvp were scripting, but after a few years of PVP i have realized that a script like eveyone else has said will only get you so far. I now know as i have became a little better at pvp that if you get a solid Template and learn to play it there is no need for a script. The only script i use for pvp is a trap box. I just set up hot keys in UOA for everything else. As far as enening the playing field fighting with a group of people that are good and work together is a must.

With that all being said there is lots of other good stuff to use scripts for ;) so take a look around and read some of the Tutorials.

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
The best thing EUO is for, is to avoid carpal tunnel syndrom, from the skinner box we are trapped in, while trying to get all the good stuff needed to go out and kill other people. Because there is no way I'm buying it from a goldfarming company.  ;)
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Tags: