Author Topic: It's been a long time!  (Read 2327 times)

Offline AnzyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anzy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
It's been a long time!
« on: June 05, 2010, 10:56:17 AM »
Hey there! Anzy here!

I'm just coming back after a long break from UO. I left shortly after AOS came out and this whole time I've been mostly into the FPS scene. I feel I need a break from that and so, here I am. I started playing on Atlantic back in 1997. I have to say I really do miss those days and this talk about a "Classic Shard" has me somewhat hopeful that dream may actually come true... I guess we'll see. Other than Atlantic, I have played a LOT of Test Shard back before and around Publish 16... made a bunch of friends on there that I still talk to today. I also have a couple account of Hybrid which is also a lot of fun but still I found it lacking something. I'm not back on Atlantic and it seems very quite but I'm hoping I've just been going to the wrong places.

Way back, I did write scripts for EUO but they were always private, for my own guildies... at the time IDOCs were extremely competitive and I wasn't much of a community member, but I'm looking to change that. Being that things are so quite and I really don't have any friends that still play on OSI I'm looking to contribute to this community. Irl, I am still a student (Music, one more year!) and work on campus as a Network & Hardware Technician, it's a fun part time job, nothing extremely demanding.

I can't say if I think this is a good or bad idea to rejoin UO (Considering how addicted I was to it back in the day) but, oh well! Gaming for me hasn't been what it used to be so I'm really just trying to recapture some of those old feelings... hmmm

Anyway, looking forward to working with you folks, especially those interested in IDOC hunting... I see there are some scripts on here already for that but another mind on it won't hurt.

Ciao!

- Anzy

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a long time!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 11:35:14 AM »
Another great intro! Welcome to SUO! Restricted status is lifted...have a look around!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline AnzyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Anzy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »
Thanks for that! I'm looking forward to this great community... I looked at the number of reads and I can't believe how many people viewed it that fast... I underestimated the size of this forum, excellent!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
Welcome to the site we have a ton of great info so click on that search button and have a look around !!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
Welcome Anzy!

I just did my first IDOC this year after playing off and on since day one. I now understand what all the hub-bub is about when it comes to IDOC's. I pullled in a ton of items and was able to place a Castle once I cleared all the goodies. But I wouldn't have been able to pull it off with out some of the tools we have here at SUO! ;)

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 04:39:12 AM »
Hey there! You said you got into the FPS scene. I just have one thing to say...I am the greatest at TF2. I know its hard to believe. :D

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:40:11 AM »
Exemplary intro, welcome to the site!!!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Tags: