Author Topic: HI everyone :)  (Read 2627 times)

Offline SnoWolfTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • SnoWolf has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
HI everyone :)
« on: January 11, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
Hello fellow SUO members,

Alright, i think i replied to one of the other threads instead of making a new one, so.. here goes with restarting my introduction.

I origionally signed up to this website a year ago apparently, and, well, to be quite honest, it's not the easiest to navigate, but i think i'm starting to get the hang of it.   I can't say i've done anything as flashy as tame a blaze cu sidhe.. or have an account which has been around since beta... Unfortunately, i've only been playing UO about 4 years.. although, i totally cheated in my first year and bought a vet account from a friend who quit.

Ah.. the first year of UO... the "good" old days, the days of being a "newbie" i'm sure you all remember those days.. my fondest memory was when i was living with a friend. [I didnt have the gp for a house, so he let me stay in his..] I was training up a fencer.. and in doing so, i happened accross a red who targeted me... well, little did i know, back in this wonderous time of britania history.. That the red i ran into was a "Wondering Priest Of Mondain" and just how brutal he was going to be when i had.. what i thought was a good skill level.. of 45 fencing, and 60 anatomy.. with only 5 points in tactics.. and i didn't even have healing! I attacked the bugger, and ended up being knocked down to 1/4 health in a matter of seconds, and when i ran back to my friends house.. [who was logged in at the time, and had a screen full of bags because he was going through sorting all his items] I didnt know that though, so i ran in.. leaving the front door open.. and back then.. the priest followed me in.. killed me on the first floor of his small tower, then walked up stairs, and killed him. [He didn't even realize he was being attacked] Needless to say... my friend effectivly kicked me out of his house for a week so i made do living in an inn near by until he was done sorting. hehe.  I also had a blaze cu once.. i didn't tame it, i bought it a few years ago on atlantic for 100m, then i turned around and sold it for 250m.. thinking i was making out on the deal.. little did i know.. how much the things where really worth.. now i'm kicking myself everytime i see a blaze cu :(

Now however getting back on track to the whole introduction thing, i have 5 characters on the legends server, which, Legends may not be the biggest server, and really if you log in more often times then not you'll find it to be dead.. but, its a close nit community, where everyone generally knows everyone else.. and you're able to get ahold of the people you like to play with regularily.. It's not like the bigger servers, say Atlantic, where  you may find someone who is absoloutely brilliant, and play with them for a day and then not see them again for 6 months... theres just to many people playing there for my personal tastes... And with the brilliant addition of imbuing i'd like to think i have some good suits going on with the characters i do have.

My favourite character would be the one i have on LS... again, it's another smaller, quiter server.. which, i'm not in a guild in so i usually just run solo there for the most part. And that character is my discord/necro archer "champ killer" template.. I fell in love with the use of discording so much that i made a pure bard who has become my main on legends too.. and before i found out about "scripts" i had to work the skill by hand to 120.. twice.. NEVER again.. it took me almost 6 months per character.. if only they had transendence scrolls back then.  I  have a range of characters, from my archer tamer who i use for pvping with the brilliant addition of a dread mare and two bake kitsunes..  [I die more then i'd care to admit, i can't say i'm any good at pvp by far, i think my win loss ratio would scream volumes that quite frankly, i'm terrible at it..] To my mules, I've got every mule skill worked and either on my characters or on soulstones... to my personal favourite as i meantioned earlier, my mage/bard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: HI everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
Thanks for posting up a great intro! Restricted status is lifted, enjoy the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:31:51 PM »
I love the ones I can't actually process at just one sitting. 

You and Ultima can compare notes about the blaze cu.  He's constantly reminding us of his lovely beast.  Damn him!

Anyhow, welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 04:40:08 PM »
Wonderful read!  Thank you for the intro, and welcome!!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
I played on LS a few years ago and liked it. Good balance, not too overpopulated, but enough people to do what you want.

One of my newbie memories was fighting goats on Siege on my uncle's account to gain strength.

The easiest way to get through this site is on the top left to show unread posts, and unread posts to threads you've replied on. That's all you need really.. That, and the search function.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
Great intro here.  nice job

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 09:57:55 AM »
Legends is my one of my home shards as well, I have a fel keep in the Trinsic Swamps; although you will be hard pressed to find me in game lately.

Thanks for the great intro post and welcome to the community.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: