Author Topic: Recall Script Request  (Read 2267 times)

Offline maugan666Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maugan666 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Recall Script Request
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:27:06 AM »
 :)

Hi All you Uber Scripters.

I am just hitting the road to scripting and I just cant wrap my head around the whole command lines and macro subs ect.  I just want to ask a few questions if someone can answer me would be great.

1.  When making a script is there a program that will enter most of the code for me as I select the items or objects as I go along then fine tweak it to fit??

2.  I am after a recall script that will work with a script I have called the "elwoodinator".  It is a great script and it works smoothly as promised but it gets to the point where I have to go find the critters.  Now I am on a freeshard that has some critters in zoo's and some roaming wild of course.  I have marked them in a runebook to recall there manually but zi want to intergarte it with the script i have to do it all whilst I watch on..if that makes sense...

Can anyone help me with the build of this script or is there one out there.....I know TRailMyx has made a set of subs but as I said at the beginning I am really struggling with this and I need some real help.

Thanks for listening.....

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Recall Script Request
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:10:58 AM »
:)

Hi All you Uber Scripters.

I am just hitting the road to scripting and I just cant wrap my head around the whole command lines and macro subs ect.  I just want to ask a few questions if someone can answer me would be great.

1.  When making a script is there a program that will enter most of the code for me as I select the items or objects as I go along then fine tweak it to fit??

2.  I am after a recall script that will work with a script I have called the "elwoodinator".  It is a great script and it works smoothly as promised but it gets to the point where I have to go find the critters.  Now I am on a freeshard that has some critters in zoo's and some roaming wild of course.  I have marked them in a runebook to recall there manually but zi want to intergarte it with the script i have to do it all whilst I watch on..if that makes sense...

Can anyone help me with the build of this script or is there one out there.....I know TRailMyx has made a set of subs but as I said at the beginning I am really struggling with this and I need some real help.

Thanks for listening.....

Remember that the search button is your best friend, please use and abuse it. Here is a runebook travel sub that you can add in from TM. His scripts and subs are awesome! http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=18.0;highlight=recall

I don't know of a script that can help you make a script. I think in that aspect you may need to learn the language. It is tough but worth it. I hope this helps!  ;D

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 07:07:13 AM »
Not really sure what you're talking about here, what command lines and macro subs???

No

If you're just looking to integrate someone's travel subs, in this case TM's, I would suggest you start by reading the thread for those subs then start posting questions there.

It can definitely feel intimidating when you first start playing around with integrating other peoples subs into your scripts but it does get easier. General rule of thumb is to go to the source.
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline maugan666Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • maugan666 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

Firstly thankyou for the reply.

I am currently following the documentation in regards to writing a script that works inside the UOSteam platform.  I am slowly making headways into it and am finding it a little easier the more i follow.  But.  I am finding the commands to find NPC's, access their context menus ect are easy.  But when it come to sorting out a recall sub that will do the following for a quest chain:

1.  Find and open a runebook
2. Select the appropriate rune needed for that part of the chain, go to that page in the book and recall or gate from it.
3. And then move onto the next step.

I have found a script for the quest chain I want already but it is very halting and the timing is all out.  I find i still do not have the skills to bug it out yet. 

Maybe if i could send it to someone for debugging.

Thanks guys.

Oh BTW I did look into TrailMyx's recalls subs....thanks for the link.  But is this built for EASYUO or will this work inside UOsteam??  Because when i select the wanted portions it keeps telling me that "command line" does not exist or gosub does not exist.

Tags: