Author Topic: Raz's Disco Trainer  (Read 10098 times)

Offline razeialTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • razeial has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Raz's Disco Trainer
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;
; Script Name: Raz's Disco Trainer                                                          ;
; Author: Razeial                                                                           ;
; Version: 1.51                                                                              ;
; Purpose: Trains discordance on animals                                                    ;
; Instructions: Get a bunch of animals and release them where you'd like to train.          ;
;               Make sure you have instruments in your pack!                                ;
;               Script is det by default to stop training at 90 skill                       ;
;               This script assumes you'll be using a 40LMC suit and full FC/FCR            ;
; Credits: Paladin for his ScriptTimer Sub                                                  ;
;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX;

v1.0 8-13-2012
-Release

v1.5 8-14-2012
-Added the ability to train using Spell Song from 90 to 120.
-Ability to actively meditate

v1.51 8-15-2012
-Minor Tweaks, now checks for log in status

This script will train discordance using two methods. The first can train Discordance up to 120 from 30 simply by discording animals (which you will need to add in the %animal variable). The second method will use Spell Song to train to 120 from 90. It will also ask you if you would like to use Meditation for Spell Song training. YOU MUST have done the Spell Song quest in order to use this method.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Raz's Disco Trainer 1.51.txt
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:08:42 PM by razeial »

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Raz's Disco Trainer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:11:59 PM »
ok so i came across this and i see you have added the mastery to go from 90 to 120 since no one has posted i will see how long it takes

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 07:46:54 AM »
So I finally 120ed disco. This skill is truly miserable. I started at 90.2 and let this script start working its magic. it works perfect but like i say the skill is horrible to work in the first place. my total time invested is about 30 hours and that is with me buying 7 points of disco.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
You will make 2x gains when you run this script in parallel:

Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 02:43:32 PM »
good one TM that just made my day hehe on my next one i will test it out and see how much faster it will be ill loop both of them

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
Congratulations your Script has been added to the Script library
(If you feel the script is in the wrong section please send me a pm.)

Thank you for your submission.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Murzam

• Activity:
    0%
  • Murzam has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 08:29:34 AM »
; Script Name: Raz's Disco Trainer                                                          ;
; Author: Razeial                                                                           ;
; Version: 1.51                                                                              ;
; Purpose: Trains discordance on animals                                                    ;
; Instructions: Get a bunch of animals and release them where you'd like to train.          ;
;               Make sure you have instruments in your pack!                                ;
;               Script is det by default to stop training at 90 skill                       ;
;               This script assumes you'll be using a 40LMC suit and full FC/FCR            ;
; Credits: Paladin for his ScriptTimer Sub                                                  ;

v1.0 8-13-2012
-Release

v1.5 8-14-2012
-Added the ability to train using Spell Song from 90 to 120.
-Ability to actively meditate

v1.51 8-15-2012
-Minor Tweaks, now checks for log in status

This script will train discordance using two methods. The first can train Discordance up to 120 from 30 simply by discording animals (which you will need to add in the %animal variable). The second method will use Spell Song to train to 120 from 90. It will also ask you if you would like to use Meditation for Spell Song training. YOU MUST have done the Spell Song quest in order to use this method.

What does it mean when you say I need to add in the %animal variable?

Offline altiric

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • altiric has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
You will set to set %animal to the animals ID you'll be using. There are a few ways to get the ID numbers but I'm on mobiles right now so linking something is tricky. Basically, you'll need to know how to set a variable and find a mob ID though.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 08:59:29 AM »
One of the easiest ways to get the TYPE or ID is to drag the health bar of the animal, then get the one you need from #CONTTYPE or #CONTID.

When I need several, then I will use TrailMyx's FINDINFO tool that can be found here:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=188.msg838#msg838
That has you target items and report most if not all of the #FIND variables, so you would reference #FINDTYPE and #FINDID, respectively.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:01:02 AM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline k0d3st3r

• Activity:
    0%
  • k0d3st3r has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 05:42:55 PM »
I apologize... I've tried to do my research and I cannot find how to modify the script to discord multiple animals around my area.

I know nothing of coding, and am fairly new to scripting in general, so pardon if this is a silly question.

What should the script look like to include multiple variables after %animal?

For example, if I wanted to use Jhelom Pens for this macro (Or modify this for several variables) I would need to add several animals
Variables: IG_NG, YG_XG, JF, AG, etc.

When attempting to look it up, I thought I could use the Logical Operator "||" for "Or", but that doesn't seem to be working...

Help a dummy out please :)?
I suck at scripting.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 08:59:12 PM »
+1
There is a line:
set %animal OH

Change that to the list of types you wish to discord. It will find all the animals within 8 tiles of your location and discord each until none remain, then it will cast invisibility to hide to reset all the animals in discord.
Then repeats the process.

It is not so much a matter of 'OR' logic. There is a loop (repeat ... until #findcnt < 1) and on each iteration it finds the first animal. That animal is the target of the discord. Then it will ignore this animal target and repeat the loop.
The first animal will be different each time, until no more are found.
Then the ignoreitem reset will allow all the animals to be found again.

This isn't so much an explanation of how to use the logical OR ('||'), but a synopsis of what the 'sub discord' is doing.

So by changing the animal types it will cycle through any that are found in your range.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 09:04:33 PM by Gaderian »

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 04:49:22 AM »
Ran it last night for 10 hours got 90-gm. I did notice the script ran better when I maxed my cast/recovery. I will be taking it to 120 and report back any problems but so far flawless.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 06:48:07 AM »
There are also trainer scripts that take advantage of using masteries. Those are often quicker than using a group of pets because of the higher challenge and shorter timeout.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2022, 03:07:31 PM »
the 10 hour 90-gm was using mastery.

Playing on osi so hiding in my house is safer than being out in public with pets when possible. ran it up to 103 today this skill is super slow.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 07:53:00 AM »
I use this build  to raise skill  from 40 to 90"
  C2's Play That Funky Music - Multi Trainer
   http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1421.0;highlight=discordance

After for the mastery I use this one.
   Script Name: Bard and Taming Trainer with Mastery by  cybercasper
    http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=13975.0

Tags: