Author Topic: Introduction!  (Read 812 times)

Offline baseball3331Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • baseball3331 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction!
« on: May 08, 2021, 04:42:46 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm Walt. I, like many, played UO religiously for the first few years of its existence. In that time, through easy uo, I dabbled in scripting. I was young and struggled but grasped some concepts and even wrote a very basic one. Since then I played everquest and WoW, of course finding scripts for them as well. I've come and gone from UO several times, as my core group of friends no longer play. Pondering the though of why I always drifted away, I determined it was the lack of community. I have recently come under a ton of stress and when I do, i gravitate back towards UO (probably because it was a happy point for me during my parents divorce as a child). I am well into my 30's and involved in a completely different career; but I have wanted to learn coding as my career feel environment is rapidly changing. I want to give scripting a go again, find a community, and develop some of my own to share. It will be a slow grind, but its the exact pace I need in my life.

Thank you all

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 07:00:44 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 05:45:02 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline baseball3331Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • baseball3331 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0