Author Topic: XIIxOveR's Lightning Lockpicking Trainer  (Read 36021 times)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: XIIxOveR's Lightning Lockpicking Trainer
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
Hi TM
It still a giant PITA.   Point one a day or use disco.   Lvl 6 chest work as well.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
Twisted weald satyr for the last 5 points :(
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »
pinks!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2015, 04:24:49 PM »
Hi All,

I kicked this off today and seem to just be stuck at 35 with no adds after all day. I started at 29 and earned 6 points any ideas?

Followed all instructions

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2015, 06:19:53 PM »
This is I think is the level of box u need to gain.  I was stuck at 25.  had to create a new new with 50 lockpick.  I still need to try to figure what happen too

30 to 50 need a box from 30 tinker
50 to 75                           50 tinker.  Gm box work too, just use lot pick
75 to 95                           Gm Tinker

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 06:23:34 AM »
Hi All,

I kicked this off today and seem to just be stuck at 35 with no adds after all day. I started at 29 and earned 6 points any ideas?

Followed all instructions
Cush -

Can you tell me what skill your tinkering was at for the lower level box? I know Ghost seems to have some opinions on the box skills as well however I have built at least a half dozen lockpickers using this script and the instructions in the first post of this thread. If you gained from 29 to 35 with the first box I highly doubt you need a lower level tinkered box than the 65 I suggested originally.

It has been a while since the last time I built one however so it's possible that something has changed in game.

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 08:37:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply and help

The boxes are made with carpentry so that was at 65. Tinkering was probably 100.

Maybe I misunderstood the directions.

The boxes are based off the tinkering level? lol classic 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
Yes, your Lockpicking skill is going against the difficulty level of the actual locks on the boxes, not the boxes themselves, and this is connected to your tinkering. You will see a message when you create a box that says something about you having sufficient Tinkering skill to lock it, or something like that. You can have next to no Carpentry to make small boxes and that's fine. It's the Tinkering skill.

It can be annoying to create a character with the exact correct Tinkering skill but it's pretty much the way it goes with Lockpicking.

X

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 06:44:44 AM »
I am going to necro this to say 2 things.

• This still works fabulously for anyone wondering.
  • I cannot get it to recognize Siege though. I tried the changes Grandewd mentioned but those did not work either. Anyone know how to fix this for Siege?

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »

• I cannot get it to recognize Siege though. I tried the changes Grandewd mentioned but those did not work either. Anyone know how to fix this for Siege?

What part does not work on Siege?

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2020, 07:58:11 AM »
After 70 and I get a gain, it just keeps going. It does not stop and wait for RoT.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »
ok i'll look at it

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2021, 05:19:22 AM »

Hey Crisis and Gimlet - I know this is a major post rez but wondering where this ended up. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I just uploaded a 2.3 (just some minor tweaks on some things I noticed when training a new toon this week) but was thinking about adding an option for a 3rd box for low-level training, would love to squash a Siege bug if there is one at the same time.

Thanks!
X

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2021, 07:01:48 AM »

Hey Crisis and Gimlet - I know this is a major post rez but wondering where this ended up. Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I just uploaded a 2.3 (just some minor tweaks on some things I noticed when training a new toon this week) but was thinking about adding an option for a 3rd box for low-level training, would love to squash a Siege bug if there is one at the same time.

Thanks!
X

I honestly don't remember if I got it working or if I just did it every so often. I will have to check and see if I have someone to test this out on again.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2021, 02:58:06 AM »
Another day, another update...

Script updated to include lower level tinkered boxes for faster/more efficient training if starting with 30ish skill from NPC instead of 50.

Still haven't had a chance to test the RoT though so whatever is going on there I haven't looked at yet.

X

Tags: