Author Topic: PvP Archer  (Read 5678 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
PvP Archer
« on: November 24, 2010, 06:32:15 AM »
Whats a good template? I usually run stealth archers but with the changes coming down for hiding and smoke bombs and such I'm thinking of a more direct attacking char. Lone wolf style char that will be used with others on raids and fights. Definitely a red char and probably not factions, but maybe.

Right now this is what I'm going with:

100 Archery (HH for 120)
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
120 Resist
110 Ninjitsu
100 Meditation

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Archer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
On that template I'd drop Med some and put on bushido until you hit the 300 skill requirement so you can chain specials.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
On that template I'd drop Med some and put on bushido until you hit the 300 skill requirement so you can chain specials.

Agreed. As it is, you get -5 mana cost having 200-299 skill points. Once you hit the 300 skill mark you'll get -10 mana cost.

Swordsmanship, Mace Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Throwing, Parry, Lumberjacking, Stealth, Poisoning, Bushido, and Ninjitsu are the skills that contribute to it. (Just incase you forget  ;) )

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »
Ouch... getting 70 Bushido would give me the bonus, but leave me with only 30 med.

As I remember med, isn't it only good in blocks of 20? Like 20 or 40 is good, but 30 is basically the same as 20?

I guess the Confidence heals would be worth it. Wouldn't be able to rely on Lightning Strike....
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »
Here's where I'm at and what I'm doing....

120 Magic Resistance
110 Ninjitsu
100 Meditation
96 Anatomy (up)
90 Healing
82.9 Tactics (up)
76.7 Archery (up)
44.4 Focus (down)

I was killing some stuff to give me archery+tactics gains. Now I think I'll get on a boat with a caster and run my blade spirit uoxl swap archery trainer.

I'm still debating turning med dow and getting 70 Bushido to gain the lower mana cost for specials.

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 06:39:51 AM »
hey cerv ive got a couple wolf spiders if you wanna try that.  No loss of durability on your wep. I 120'd another archer in like six hours the other day, seriosly.  I started with 40 archery. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
Any idea on how many arrows you might go through?  It's been a while since I've done something like that.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
I'm real close to 100 now, I use Windsong? with the self repair 3 on it.

I went from 76.7 to 94 archery in 3.5 hours this morning. Should finish up at 100 tonight. Anat is 100 now and Tacs is around 96. I still may drop med for Bush... I'll have to see how many AI's I can do now, then stone off med and get bush up. Then see how many I can get off.

Maybe I'll just hit test and give it a go. Armor isn't that critical when testing because it's the same either way. I just want to know if adding in Bushido would give me more AI's.

I just farmed like 40k last night. I have like 8 quivers on me and didn't use half of them... so around 2k arrows from 76 to 94.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 07:13:36 AM »
I just farmed like 40k last night. I have like 8 quivers on me and didn't use half of them... so around 2k arrows from 76 to 94.

That's pretty good.  I remember it was harder to raise at one point.  Wonder how many for 120?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:35:36 AM »
I wish I'd have counted them up.

I started close to 50 and did the Haven quest. Then I ran a little diddy that takes me on a tour of Level 1 Despise (lizardman level). I run that till I hit about 70, then run the blade spirit dual trainer from there.

As long as you have already trained up your healing method, you can do lizard men really easy. It's like one night to get from 50 to 70's.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 07:46:59 AM »
Finished, now need to test med vs bushido.

Looking at bows for the char. Magical shortbow in particular. Looks like 20 ssi is all anyone would ever want...
Code: [Select]
Magical Shortbow 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40
90-119 Dex 2.25 2.00 2.00 1.75 1.75 1.75 1.50 1.50 1.50
120-149 Dex 2.00 1.75 1.75 1.50 1.50 1.50 1.50 1.25 1.25
150-179 Dex 1.75 1.50 1.50 1.50 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25 1.25

At 150+ Stamina (yes it says dex in the chart) you will shoot max speed with a 20 SSI bow, which is the same as a 30 SSI bow. The only break you get is with a faster bow.

Getting a 35 SSI bow would allow 120-150 stamina to swing max speed so that might be what I shoot for. A little better chance of Ash enhancing only going to 35 vice going to 40.

So all magical shortbows I make now will be 25 SSI. No point in going 30.

Offline Coolface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coolface has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 11:57:17 PM »
Go for 40ssi its alaways better to have it on safe side. Have u tought mystics archer  focus and mystics. Good healing spells stone(fast heals and cure needs balanced bow) cleansing wind(bit slower but heals a lot and cures)+ u can cast sc and hit effect on ur bow.  Check what all spells it has to offer like sleep and bombard uber at slowing enemy down.

ofc this would mean little diffrent  armor
lrc
dci
hci
lmc
regens and stats

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 02:27:25 AM »

Turns out that:

100 Archery
110 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
===
310 for reduction of mana for specials.

Tactics IS included. Uoguide has the info on the tactics page, but it's missing from the specials page.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 07:07:39 AM »

Turns out that:

100 Archery
110 Ninjitsu
100 Tactics
===
310 for reduction of mana for specials.

Tactics IS included. Uoguide has the info on the tactics page, but it's missing from the specials page.

Good find Cerveza. I was wondering about tactics myself and why it got left out.