Author Topic: Sampire Twist  (Read 5726 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Sampire Twist
« on: December 08, 2010, 03:00:52 PM »
Escaping the outfit, how do you all think this temp will work for PvM.

My temp at the moment while I train Bushido:

Anat 115
Archery 115 (with hunters headdress)
Bushido 50
Necro 100
Resist 102
Spirit 100
Tactics 115

Scrripty

Re: Sampire Twist
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:38:24 PM »
That archery should be 120.  No ifs ands or buts. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »
Indeed, just haven't gotten the scroll yet at a decent price

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »
No Chivalry?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Would it benefit my archer more over? I can understand the use of EOO, but anything more than that seems not worth it. I actively use Curse weapon and an assortment of necro spells when hunting in addition to whatever special moves my bow has. My archer is also Dread, so will having chiv be of any use since it's karma based?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
Provided you have enough 100% Weapon bows, or utlize your quivers and Armore ignores at all times, the loss of Consecrate is pretty huge.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 06:05:26 PM »
I used to rock a necro-archer back in the days before necro casting was 2/6...it rules!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »
It's an interesting template to run without Chivalry. Even at Dread Lord you'll receive some benefit from Chivalry...for the most part low karma reduces the duration of Chivalry spells.

Also how are you going to move around with recall or sacred Journey? Your gonna be running a marathon or need another player/account to be at your beck and call.

Perhaps a Runebook filled with charges could fix that.

I rarely play an Archer these days. I actually just stone off Parry/MR/Anatomy/Resist on my Sampire and throw on Archery depending on the Champion Spawn.

Personally if I was to go your direction I would lower Anatomy, Tactics and Spirit Speak to something along the lines of:

100 Archery (+20 Headress)
120 Bushido
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Necromancy
100 Resist
50 Chivalry (+15 on Ring/+15 on a Bracelet equally 80)
50 Spirit Speak (15 second timer approximately on Curse Weapon duration)

On the other hand I never really played too much with a Necromancer and all the spells available in the arsenal. What type of Necromancy Spells and tactics are you employing when spawning?

I would think you would be limited in what you can cast as most Archers rely on high Dexterity and low intelligence giving you a lower mana pool.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »
Regarding moving around, I do use the charges in my books, I'm use to it with that char and I make them myself so that's no biggie.

I can drop my SS a bit and the others to suit, I like what you have posted there Ultima, with perhaps some slight mods with the stuff I have, such as the bloodwood spirit totem with 10 ss and 5 necro.

As for the spells I use as a necro archer and the mana pool, I hunt with a shadow wisp (2+ if permissible) and stick to bows with added mana and stamina leech. Curse weapon seems nearly equivalent to consecrate weapon, which is why I question the chiv use, and I also sit on evil omen and strangle often. For mobs I'll toss a few poison strikes into the crowd while I have a short bow with the lighting special. Passing out a pain spike to those who are quick movers. Additionally, I use mana droughts and pots when in need.

I can live with whatever casting I can get, I don't necessarily depend on it.

Also, with bushido, how high is really necessary? I see I can use the special strike back, but that's only effective with parry. That's a skill that needs a higher skill amount, but is there any benefit to other bushido skills with an archer besides lightning and confidence?

Offline Coolface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coolface has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 11:26:22 PM »
yup mainly LS for archers and doesent wraith form let u recall. Where do u use this char pve or pvp or both if for pve u could drop resist and if u pvp u could soulstone it. 120 bushido LS crits alot and its uber.  Chivalry would be good too divine fury, cure, heal,cw and ofc EoO to max out 300%

i got 697 from ur skill and if that includes HH too its 677. Drop resist take bushido 110-120 and then drop some ana,tac or ss and get chiv at 70

with 50 bushido u hardly ever get critis so get it 110-120 or dont take it at all
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:33:58 PM by Coolface »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »
Curse Weapon and Consecrate Weapon are totally separate. Curse Weapon allows you do life leech 50% of all damage output. Consecrate Weapon enchants your weapon so that damage type being inflicted is converted to the target's weakest resistance type.

Consecrate weapon can augment Curse Weapon because it can increase your damage output causing you to life leech back more hp from Curse Weapon.

If you have an arsenal of elemental weapons at your disposal and know the weakest resistance of what your fighting then you can circumvent the need for consecrate Weapon. This is what I advocate: Having an arsenal of elemental weapons and bows/weapons tailor made for whatever it is your fighting.

Even with all the right elemental weapons I think Chivalry has some value in EoO. Although it's not always wise to invoke, EoO can help you reach the 300% Damage cap. It's especially handy when fighting one boss or one monster group.

At 120 Bushido your chances for critical hits will be higher. The the biggest perk of Bushido in my opinion is honor. At 120 your path to perfection will be shortest and reaching full perfection really allows you to deal out large amounts of damage. Getting in an honor on a 160 can make all the difference in the world in damage output. When I don't get an honor in on Neira or Barracoon for example the time it takes to drop them on my archer goes from approximately 10 minutes to 25 minutes.

Seems like your employing some interesting tactics and strategies. I should come watch you do a few spawns. I'd probably learn a thing or two about Necromancy.  :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:59:09 PM by Ultima »

Tags: