Author Topic: The time is nearing...  (Read 4815 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
The time is nearing...
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »
...for me to say goodbye to UO. I've spent nearly 10 aggravating years clamoring to acquire the goods, skills, items and gold that all who enter this world yearn to hold. Admit-tingly, I haven't come close to seeing many of my desires come to be, and while that may seem enough for some to call it quits, it's not the only circumstance for my departure. I simply haven't the time, and so with out the time, the desire, drive, ambition and fortitude also fade away to the bigger goals and desires in my life.

I do not anticipate coming back to the game, nor even reading about it on stratics, euo or any of my regular haunts,..with SUO being the exception. This exception is something I hold dearly, and out of great respect for it's owners, participants and regulators. I'm fully aware of the risk that was taken in elevating my status to Elite given my questionable background, so I again thank the deciding community to allow me to contribute in the ways I know how, and to learn in the same methods.

I will continue to stop by SUO and contribute when and where I can, offer insight and even a few ideas where feasible. Perhaps from time to time, share some articles of interest, or whatever.

Unfortunately, this will mean the end of any and all script I have posted, and anyone wanting to acquire them may do so given sufficient credit is followed. I am sorry for those expecting the WIT to evolve into the OEUO playground, but it just isn't worth my time anymore.

As for my accounts, I will be selling them for US cash, and only together. I have two accounts, and they go together. I do not as of yet have a list of contents, or char info to dish out, much less an asking price.

So consider this a heads up. Two accounts, one is nearly 10 years old, and another is nearly 8 (i think). Two houses, one loaded with good stuff, the other loaded with million dollar checks (seriously).

I'll post with my account details in the coming weeks, and look forward to finally shaking the UO bug.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The time is nearing...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:41 AM »
Glad you arent going to be leaving SUO anytime soon!

As to all your stuff..if your not going to give it to me my I recomend:
putting all your stuff in the bank..cuz no matter what you say, people have a way of comming back to this game. It would be a shame to be like me and give/sell everything you own, and then 4 years later decide to come back and have to start all over again with nothing.

Unless of course you think the accts/stuff will sell for a LOT of $$$ and you need cash right now...then sell away :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 04:42:23 AM »
SS it was great to have you here at the site.  I have always appreciated your ideas and willingness to colaborate to figure out wierd happenings in game.  You are a very valued member here and best wishes with any and all new pursuits.   I do expect you to peek in and say hi sometimes; don't forget us over here.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 05:41:43 AM »
Glad you arent going to be leaving SUO anytime soon!

As to all your stuff..if your not going to give it to me my I recomend:
putting all your stuff in the bank..cuz no matter what you say, people have a way of comming back to this game. It would be a shame to be like me and give/sell everything you own, and then 4 years later decide to come back and have to start all over again with nothing.

Unless of course you think the accts/stuff will sell for a LOT of $$$ and you need cash right now...then sell away :)

I've probably quit and came back 10+ times. Not a huge deal selling out and then coming back though, so easy to rebuild.

Hope you get mad money for them SS!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »
Well it's sad to see that your world traveller won't be evolving anymore; that was a monster script and very complex - a great bit of coding.  I'll miss your "table napkin" notes and analysis.  lol.

Frankly, I think I've actually "played" UO perhaps 2 times in the past 2 years.  I'm not really certain why I keep my accounts other than nostalgia.  So you're not too far from my current status, and I still run a UO scripting site.  So I'm sure you'll be around from time to time and hopefully the UO bug will bite you from time to time like it does for me.

Anyhow, you've been an integral and indispensable addition to the core of the site, so I do hope you continue to hang around.  Don't be a stranger my friend!  You're always welcome here.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:47:26 AM »
I will be sad to see ya go SS! But I did the same thing - quit for over 2 years after 10 years of playing. I did not burn all my bridges and I hope you don't also.

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:29 AM »
SS had a reputation?  :)  I'll pray you don't come back my friend.  AA has a 12 step program I hear good things about... heh

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
SS you will be missed.  It is posts like this that make me the most sad, because someday enough of you will leave that there is nothing left for me here, either. 

May your stay at SUO be long and may your foray into the real world be fruitful.

Post up those accounts so we can give you the send off you deserve!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
I never like to see anyone leave the game it always makes me sad.

So I'm sorry to see you go SS you were a great part of the community here at SUO. Thanks for all your contributions to SUO.

I'm glad to hear that your going to devote more of your time to things and goals outside the virtual realm. There are all kinds of hobbies and things to do and be experienced.

Be sure to poke your head in from time to time and say Hello. ;)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 12:11:19 PM »
Do people still buy UO accounts? Really? Like, seriously? Hmm...
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 02:34:37 PM »
Thank you all for your replies, it means a whole lot to me. I do have 2 other accounts that are 'turned off' at the moment, perhaps i'll put a few things in there, good idea TT!

Checking out the weird things in UO was always my favorite things to do, my house is loaded with odd things that either helped to create oddities, or were the result of them..lots of memories with them.

I do hope to get a few handfuls of cash for my accounts, they don't have all the cool 133t stuff, but plenty of goodies and rares to make some gold off of..and who knows, I very well may come back in a few years as many of you have.

Twinkle McNugget...what can I say, you've got a dry humor about you that only the demented and criminally insane can fully appreciate and understand. I like it!

Since I've started my new job, I've accumulated so many napkin notes, I'm regularly asked to restock the containers that I've emptied...literally, it's insane but incredibly worth it. I'd actually blame my job for me leaving UO as it requires a work at home mentality, and 24/7 availability.  It's still the best job I've ever had, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

12x..I wonder that too, hmm...indeed.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:37 PM »
PM me your work location, and I'll be sure to let your supervisor know about your "shady" past.  That should fire you and you'll have no excuse but to return to UO.. MUAHAHAHHAHA!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:34:37 PM »
No need to pm anything: https://www.cia.gov/  !! HAHA

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 05:59:52 AM »
Do not wish to see you go because i have enjoyed your contributions here SS. Would you consider turning over your WIT to someone here? Also do not be a stranger and I also recommend you stick some of your items in the bank and hold onto atleast one account for when you get bored and want to come back you atleast have something to piddle around with.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »
I'm new here so I'm not gonna tell you I'll miss you or beg you not to go or anything. If you think quitting this game is what's best for you at this stage in your life then I think you're doing the right thing.

I do think it's a good idea to keep the bare minimum on your "favorite" account JUST IN CASE you decide to come back and piddle around or w/e. They offer things like a free week's game time sometimes too, I used to occasionally do that when I was bored but didn't want to pay up for a full month. I didn't think I'd be coming back to the game either, so I stripped my accounts BUT left a little money on each of them (and kept my singing ball lol) just in case... and what do you know, five years later I'm back in the game and that little bit of cash I left myself sure helped in getting me back on my feet. And I still love my singing ball. :3

Tags: