Author Topic: Have two or more computers? Want ultimate control?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Have two or more computers? Want ultimate control?
« on: January 11, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »
Then this is what you want. Input Director. With Input Director, you can control several Windows computers with one keyboard and one mouse without the need for a KVM! This works by communicating over your local home network to the networked machines, allowing you to smoothly move your mouse and keyboard commands to the desired machine seamlessly and without lag issues. Simply slide your cursor off screen, and voila! you're on the other machine(s) issuing commands from the same keyboard and mouse you started with.

I use this program at work where we have 6 computers all networked, each with 2 monitors attached to them, and Input Director works like a champ.

http://www.inputdirector.com/

Have a Windows machine and a MAC? or Ubuntu or Linux that you'd like to rid the keyboard and mouse of? Then use this cross-platform alternative !

http://synergy-foss.org/

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Have two or more computers? Want ultimate control?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
That's kinda cool.  VNC on steroids!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
I'm gonna set it up on 4 computers and 7 monitors tonight and I'll let ya know. :)  I wonder if I can get it to control the tv too... I don't see why not. :)  Fun!

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
I'm gonna set it up on 4 computers and 7 monitors tonight and I'll let ya know. :)  I wonder if I can get it to control the tv too... I don't see why not. :)  Fun!

I'll be around tonight to assist if need be. You'll need to set you computer with the keyboard/mouse as the master, and the others as slaves.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »
Looks pretty sweet.  I have a few pc's in the house that I would like to have access to all the time.  Looks useful.

Tags: