Author Topic: Odd donation site  (Read 2299 times)

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Odd donation site
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »
I listen to Sirius/XM satellite radio and hear commercials for the blind heritage donation site. This baffles me because what they are accepting are boats, cars, RV's etc.  Really?

http://www.1800donatecars.com/

Maybe I'm the blind one here but, what will donating a vehicle to a blind organization do for those who can't see?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Odd donation site
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:23 AM »
When you donate a vehicle, be it boat or car. The person/s running the organization then auction these items off and the procedes from this then go to the Blind or helping the blind.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
This is a very good technique that has been used by many local organizations near me. 

The more I've gotten into donating, the more cautious I have learned to become however.  I have a VERY hard time giving anything to an organization that is not able or willing to disclose the actual amount of my donation that will make it to the cause. 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »
This is a very good technique that has been used by many local organizations near me. 

The more I've gotten into donating, the more cautious I have learned to become however.  I have a VERY hard time giving anything to an organization that is not able or willing to disclose the actual amount of my donation that will make it to the cause. 

Yes you have to be very careful. Most donation organizations have a high percentage that goes to staff salaries and over head and actually very little ever makes it to the ones that need it.

Offline SuperslayerTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
Ok, that makes sense. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why people would donate cars of all things to the blind. It's bad enough that when I drive to the drive-through ATM machine, there's braille on the number pads!

Tags: