Author Topic: Letter I Recived from stratics  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Letter I Recived from stratics
« on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
Hello,

I am writing regarding your reported post.

First, all moderators may lock threads when they get out of hand. The thread had turned into a giant flame-fest and was becoming detrimental to community harmony. This policy is not only true of Stratics, but virtually every forum community on the Internet. I see that you have made 20 posts in five years. Perhaps more experience with fora will shape your perspective.

Second, Petra is not a moderator. She is a Stratics Forum Administrator and the Managing Editor of UO Stratics Section. As such, she is second only to the Stratics Director, who I can guarantee will support her decision to lock the thread. Accordingly, your post report will not be acted upon.

Third, Petra has done more work at Stratics than any other staff member in Stratics' 13 year history. She volunteers more than 40 hours per week to keep this place running smoothly. She is the single most respect user of this community, and as a result, will be fiercely defended by her staff and users alike.

You can complain about users, you can complain about average moderators, and you can even complain about me. But I strongly recommend that you leave Petra alone.

Best,

Syrus
Lead Engineer
TGN Stratics

I broke the fangs of the oppressor, and plucked the victim from his teeth.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Re: Letter I Recived from stratics
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
Shame that stratics is the only place the dev team ever seems to post.  I can only wonder what kick back they receive from locking every post that isn't made by the cheerleader squad.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:47:16 PM »
Many of the threads getting locked aren't warranted. Sometimes they are but it's really a subjective call.

Many times the Scripting threads have been locked because of personal attacks by stratics members against each other. One could deliberately sabotage a thread and get it locked if you wanted to by throwing around personal attacks. Petra "Okay this has gone too far I'm locking the thread!". I don't have that big of a problem with her but she does appear to be on a powertrip at times and there have been many threads she's locked that I don't feel were justified.

I'm not a fan of the Moderators over there particularly in the Warrior Forum...or should I say lack of moderation in the Warrior Forum.

Players will post soliciting advice on the Warrior Forum and another forum member will follow up mocking, laughing, or ridiculing the player seeking advice.  On top of the bad advice being given out on that forum this type of behavior goes ignored by the moderators. If I was a moderator I wouldn't allow for that type of behavior. I'd start deleting people's post and issue warnings. 

Mom always used to say  "If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all!"

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 01:22:14 PM »
i agree with you if u don t have anythign good to say don t say anthing at all.  But i was reading post were guy had valid disagreement and was being very respectful through out all of his and all of sudden petra went on power trip and locked the thread all because she didn t like the gentlemans point of view

Freddy

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:20:49 AM »
Has anyone ever took stratics seriously? That site is a joke - it's only purpose is for people to bitch and whine when they can't get their way, eventually causing the dev team to make retarded decisions. If EA cared about UO, they'd ditch stratics and revive the old UO forums they hosted.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:46:15 AM »
I agree with you freddy - "the squeky wheel gets the grease"

(Did Boo or his owner Minsk? say that?)

Tags: