Author Topic: Nellies Fishing guide, and the scripts i use.  (Read 14208 times)

Offline NellieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Nellie has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Nellies Fishing guide, and the scripts i use.
« on: June 22, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »
+1
Lots of people seem to have started fishing recently, i have been fishing for quite a while now, so i thought i would share my fishing style and the scripts i use to do it. I generally don't like afk scripting and will never leave scripts running overnight or whilst i am at work. I also don't like scripts that make it look like your scripting i.e. recalling to the bank to drop stuff off regularly ect.

So first off i run 3 accounts. 2 are using Archangels Modified for Tokuno ship fishing script, these run collecting mibs and nets, and even maps for points, i used to collect the fish too until i got to a million stones on my doorstep, at that point i just started cutting them up.

When i have at least 500mib i open them all manually, and then use Kal In Ex's SOS master to sort them into the 10 area's (I have 10 numbered bags, sometimes need 2 for area 9, its small but has tons of SOS) i tend to save all my ASOS until i have a lot at least 50 and then do all the ASOS at the same time.

Next i use SOS Master to sail me to the SOS location and when i get there i use Crisis's script which fishes the spot where the SOS is until it comes up. I use 5 Bonded mules when i am fishing up SOS so i can collect 15-20 SOS chests at a time

Never dump the pre-loot from the chests, each piece is worth 100 clean up points, which doesn't sound a lot, but the character i use to fish up chests has over 1.3mil points just from cleaning up chests. (other items in the chest are worth 100 to 500 points, the chest itself is 100 points)

When my mules are full i take them to my nearest bank and use a chest cleaner script that doesn't seem to be available anymore, But i am sure there are chest cleaners out there that work just as well as the one i have. The one i use empties all the scrolls/regs/gems into 3 bags, i then sort the rest by hand (None of the Armour/rings i have ever found has ever been useful so that stuff stays in the chest) I only save Fort/Invul scour's ect or you end up with too many.

Scripts i use:
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97820#97820 Kal in Ex's Sos Master,
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=80974#80974 Archangel's Serpent Hunter/Auto Looter (page 44 has how to modify for tokuno ship)
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=401475#401475 Crisis SOS chest Fisher (i haven't tried the new script yet)

If you want to run your Fishing script 24/7 without interaction when collecting mibs i would suggest using TM's Fishing script, i havent used it, but from what i have seen it runs well without interaction, and there is no need to constantly be looking at your hold to see if it's nearly full.

TM's Script : http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=41.0

I am slightly drunk, and will re-read this post in the morning and correct anything i posted that is not correct. Fishing has made me a whole bundle of cash over the years, and is worth doing :D

Nel.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
Re: Nellies Fishing guide, and the scripts i use.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:18:40 PM »
+1
When my mules are full i take them to my nearest bank and use a chest cleaner script that doesn't seem to be available anymore, But i am sure there are chest cleaners out there that work just as well as the one i have. The one i use empties all the scrolls/regs/gems into 3 bags, i then sort the rest by hand (None of the Armour/rings i have ever found has ever been useful so that stuff stays in the chest) I only save Fort/Invul scour's ect or you end up with too many.

Scripts i use:
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97820#97820 Kal in Ex's Sos Master,
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=80974#80974 Archangel's Serpent Hunter/Auto Looter (page 44 has how to modify for tokuno ship)
https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=401475#401475 Crisis SOS chest Fisher (i haven't tried the new script yet)

My new script has a chest sorter (thanks TM) with it that moves regs, scrolls, and gems to specific chests/bags that you choose. It can also be easily modded to move specific things from your backpack or another container into a trash barrel for points. It is a full script now instead of a snippet.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:21:14 PM by Crisis »

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:52:38 PM »
+1
I run very similar to Nellie but love the idea of bonded packies on board. I use a small ship for the ease of movement though the hold is tiny.

1. I run TM's FAF http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=41.0 and let it go until I have about 100 mib's saved up. This script rocks and needs very little supervision. My fisherman is gm mage with reptile slayer spellbook and never dies.

2. I use Kal's SOS Master https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97820#97820 to sort the SOS into the 10 quadrants. I made a rune book with launch points for each of the 10 areas. I take the bag with the SOS for that quadrant and recall to the launch point. I launch the boat and then fish them up. I fish up 4 at a time and keep them in the hold, sending the gold to my bank with bag of sending. I use my SOS Fisher http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=9770.0 to fish up the chests, cut up bone piles, and sort the chests.

3. Once I have 4, I take them back to my house and sort the regs, gems, and scrolls into the appropriate chests. I take out the special fishing items, such as the bow, leggings, wedding dress, grape vines and new hardeners and put them into other chests. I put some of the fished up things (from a shipwreck) on a vendor and donate the rest to the trash barrel along with the maps for cleanup points. I put the chests with weapons, armor, and jewelry into storage chests for my imbuer to unravel later.

4. I keep fishing up the SOS until I am out and then I go back to step one.

I make millions off of the gold in the chests, then sell a lot of the items for more gold, and finally buy things with the turn in points and sell those as well.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
+1
The method I use is somewhat similar to Nellies'.

Biggest difference is that I use a Brit ship and fill the deck up with chests. I will pull the gold out of a chest and put it in its own stack, then I will put fished up loot into the chests on the deck. I also dump the next fished up chest into the previous chest until the item count is at about 100-110. After that I stack on top of that chest and the cycle just keeps going. After about 50 chests have been fished up I go grab bonded packies and haul the loot home to my imbuer.

I am less than two months in on this setup and already up to almost half a million clean up points. I don't even keep the Runed Driftwood Bows, Kelp Woven Leggings, or the Bronzed Valkyrie Armors anymore. They are good points to turn in and since they do not give relics when unraveled why keep them?

After dumping the chests at home I head back out for another 50 or so chests.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:50:51 AM »
+1
What's a decent fisher template, and how long does it take to train fishing?

This is something I've never done, kind of interested though.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
+1
What's a decent fisher template,

Depends entirely on if you plan on scripting it or not. If you are gonna script it you wanna go magery. No other skills needed except Eval and Med of course. Fishing is pretty self-contained.

and how long does it take to train fishing?

Again it depends on how you plan on training it. If you buy the skill up and then just script away with the shore fisher until you can deepwater fish you will never notice the time. You start fishing up MiB's at like 65 now.

I know when I got my 120 fishing scroll it was just two nights while I slept to go from 110 to 120.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 09:24:12 AM »
+1
What's a decent fisher template, and how long does it take to train fishing?

This is something I've never done, kind of interested though.

The template is pretty easy, the most common being mage/fisherman and archer/fisherman.

Training is very simple. Once you can fish in the deep sea, which is 75, I used TM's FAF script.  I used FAF all the way to 120 collecting tons of things for clean-up points and tons of MIB's. It didn't take long, I think 2 days or so but it was almost non-stop.

My Mage/Fisherman:
Magery 100
Eval 100
Fishing 120
Mysticism 100
Focus 100
Med 100

My Archer/Fisherman
Archery 110
Tactics 110
Anat 110
Chivalry 100
Fishing 100

I have room on both but since I only fish with them, I haven't bothered to fill their templates. FAF supports both magery, chivalry, and archery which is awesome. I use a reptile slayer spellbook on my mage/fisherman and then an imbued reptile slayer bow on my archer/fisherman. If you have any other questions, let me know!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:27:48 AM by Crisis »

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »
+1
Hmm... I think I'll give this a whirl!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 05:46:29 AM »
+1
Awesome thread! I've been intending to get back into fishing now with all the changes, still haven't actually used anything from my High Seas purchase lol.

I used to make my resource gatherer my fisher as well since the templates are both bare bones with some crossover. Not sure what I'll have to tweak but this is my typical setup:

100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
75 +/- Tinkering
100 Magery
100 Med
100 Fishing (this was the last time I played, no fishing PS's yet)

While fishing I just used Mind Blasts since there was no Eval required.

It sounds like I'll need to add Eval at minimum and prepare for tougher than a Sea Serpent? Still easy to fit on this template. Plus the jump to 120 Fishing of course.

Guess I need to actually play and check it all out...

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 01:37:26 PM »
+1
Ahh at last, one of my drunken rambles is useful, if anybody is on Europa and needs a hand to get started i can help out with a boat and such :)

Nel.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
+1
Awesome thread! I've been intending to get back into fishing now with all the changes, still haven't actually used anything from my High Seas purchase lol.

I used to make my resource gatherer my fisher as well since the templates are both bare bones with some crossover. Not sure what I'll have to tweak but this is my typical setup:

100 Mining
100 Lumberjacking
75 +/- Tinkering
100 Magery
100 Med
100 Fishing (this was the last time I played, no fishing PS's yet)

While fishing I just used Mind Blasts since there was no Eval required.

It sounds like I'll need to add Eval at minimum and prepare for tougher than a Sea Serpent? Still easy to fit on this template. Plus the jump to 120 Fishing of course.

Guess I need to actually play and check it all out...

X

I would definitely go with gm eval for fighting. Use a reptile slayer spell book and you will be fine.  ;D

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »
+1

Use a reptile slayer spell book and you will be fine.  ;D

Or snake slayer. It might be easier to find.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
+1

Use a reptile slayer spell book and you will be fine.  ;D

Or snake slayer. It might be easier to find.

And a snake slayer works better!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 06:35:26 PM »
+1
I dont use either spellbook, with gm Mage/eval it dies in 2 or 3 hits, deep sea ones in about 5, GM resist means i get hit for 1 dmg along with a sorc suit which is all 70's. can fish for 2 or 3 weeks before the suit needs to be fixed, by which time you have points to buy another anyway :P

Nel.

Offline Tasha2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Tasha2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 04:59:23 AM »
+1
Thanks for this info.  I am going to try today.  Does it work with the new boats?

Tags: