Author Topic: My new PC - as requested by Paulonius  (Read 2869 times)

Offline 12TimesOverTopic starter

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
My new PC - as requested by Paulonius
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »
Nothing awesome but will be a pretty good system for some time to come. This is replacing a 7+ year old Sony Vaio P3 2.8Ghz with 1gig of RAM and a 160Gig HD. Not a bad price for the build. I got a combo discount on the video/motherboard combo, 3 different coupons from last weeks mailings, and there is $70.00 worth of Mail-in rebates bringing the grand total, delivered, to $772.54.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10861711

I'll be adding a new monitor as well. Been looking at the Samsung ToC 240hd as it has a built-in HDTV tuner. The problem is that it doesn't support PiP while on the PC. I'd like to be able to watch the game in the corner of the screen while playing UO and WoW ;) I'm open to suggestions! This is replacing a 7+ year old Cornia 17" LCD I bought on uBid.com for $500 LOL so almost anything at all is an upgrade.

Link to the monitor - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280&Tpk=t240hd

Now I need to spec out a laptop and a new TV :P I don't know about the laptop but for the TV I think I'll wait until the LED's come down just a little bit more. I want a 47" LG LED for less than $1200!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My new PC - as requested by Paulonius
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »
Thanks 12X. I am ordering my build this week. Really appreciate seeing another very current list since this is my first time. Wish me luck!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »
12X I work at Sears selling electronics on evenings and weekends.
Is the 47" LG you are looking at the LH90 series?
If so I've seen it at Sears for $1499. If it goes that low again and you use a Sears card to make the purchase you can get another 10% off and bring the cost down to $1350.
I'm not sure when the TV's will be on sale enough to get that particular model down to $1200 but I can tell you that the week AFTER Black Friday is usually a good one for mark downs and sometimes the 3rd week in December.
Keep your eyes open as Sears will match competitors prices for the same TV in the local retail market.

If that LH90 is the one you mean I see why you like it. It's the best looking LCD TV I've ever seen. Almost as good a picture as plasma but without the image retention issues.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:56:57 AM »
Yep, that's the one! Saw it in May in a Best Buy on Cape Cod for $2100 so prices have already come down a lot.

Thanks for the tips BTW, it's good to have someone "in the know" :P

So all my parts came in on Tuesday except my case so for two days I've had to stare at a big pile of toys on my desk but not get to play with any of them! Hopefully the case will arrive today.

XII

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:04:21 AM »
Yea newegg ships there stuff out of different warehouses.  So some items can be coming from further away and some items closer and some items can take longer to get there but they usually get them to you quick.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:57:18 AM »
Yep, the case came from Tennesee where everything else came up from New Jersey. Is ok, tracking shows it arriving here soon!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 11:06:13 AM »
That LG is my new favorite TV. It looks better than the Sony XBR8 and the LED Samsungs look like crap next to it.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: